TAVON AUSTIN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateTheRam

Rookie
Name
Nathan
TAVON AUSTIN this dude is a game changer and deserves his own thread! What do you guys think of his performance in today's game!

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
The punt return TD was a thing of beauty. I think he should have been better utilized in the offense. But it's just week 1. The rush TD was nice. But -2 yards receiving, ugh. But we won, so that's what matters. Foles didn't force anything, he put the ball on whoever was open

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
The punt return TD was a thing of beauty. I think he should have been better utilized in the offense. But it's just week 1. The rush TD was nice. But -2 yards receiving, ugh. But we won, so that's what matters. Foles didn't force anything, he put the ball on whoever was open
You forget about the TD he would have had if Dick Sherman didn't push him out of bounds before the ball got there, no PI.

Av8R

UDFA
I saw improvement from Tavon under Cignetti. He showed how dangerous he can be with a football and space in front.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
You forget about the TD he would have had if Dick Sherman didn't push him out of bounds before the ball got there, no PI.

I didn't forget about it, but you can't count it for him either. I honestly done think he was coming down with that catch regardless, but it should have been a pass interference call.

bskrilla

Starter
So maybe Schottey was the problem?

Woah woah woah. I like Cignetti and think he called an amazing game today, but let's be real, Tavon had plenty of games even BETTER than todays under Schotty. The PR TD was nice, but has nothing to do with the O Coordinator. Other than the TD run he actually didn't do a ton today. Not ragging on him, but let's not act like this was some unparralled performance by him on offense.

He had 17 rush yards, -2 rec yards, and a TD.

A55VA6

Legend
I think Tavon's just starting to finally get it. I thought the deep ball in the endzone should have been PI on Sherman too.

This is more of the Tavon we expected to see when we drafted him. Looking forward to more of this in the future.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looked very good, I wish sometimes he would realize a play is doomed and not keep trying to cut back he nearly cost a safety on his 2nd punt return. But yes he did look improved in the O.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Tavon's just starting to finally get it. I thought the deep ball in the endzone should have been PI on Sherman too.

This is more of the Tavon we expected to see when we drafted him. Looking forward to more of this in the future.
That play was a good route ran by Tavon and he had Sherman beat by a lot the throw was just a poor pass from Foles if it was thrown in stride it's a touchdown

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
That play was a good route ran by Tavon and he had Sherman beat by a lot the throw was just a poor pass from Foles if it was thrown in stride it's a touchdown

It was also a TD had the beaten shermanator who did not look at or play the ball not interfere with the receiver. Which is also known as pass interference

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Tavon AWESOME. That dude is a freak to watch play. Got to congratulate him after the game.

jap

Legend

Yep, Foles was throwing at Warp 1 while Tavon was initially running at Warp 5.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH

Foles and Tavon Austin were a yard away from a 35+ yard gain. TA almost caught it and tapped his tiny feet inbounds. One early throw to Austin where he had 2+ yards over seattles best DB and the ball was late. We can clean this up and TA on the outside may actually work along with Jet Sweeps and bubble screens. Its things Cignetti has seen and had to just bide his time on. So glad to see how Cignetti's playbook opens up when we add Quick , Mason and GURLEY to the overall Scheme. As the OL gels. Everyone that stepped up for injured player did really well.

So proud of our Gator #47 who did an awesome job filling in. (Roberson) Our FSU kid #20 (Joyner) did better than most thought he did last year being so small and such a high draft pick.

Austin I think got warned about dancing backwards by Fisher on sidelines after his score he got another shot and almost really messed up. I'm sure not his first time not hearing this. All while smiling and showing every tooth in his head.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Austin was great, but if wouldn't have gotten any yards on the plays from the RB position???? Ooohhhh..

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
I didn't forget about it, but you can't count it for him either. I honestly done think he was coming down with that catch regardless, but it should have been a pass interference call.
The none PI called a ball that took too long to get there. Rewind to that play and you'll see TA beat Sherman with speed the ball seemed under thrown by 10 yards.

NateTheRam

Rookie
Name
Nathan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Woah woah woah!!! I like Cignetti and think he called an amazing game today. BUT! let's be real, Tavon had plenty of games even BETTER than todays under Schotty. The PR TD was nice but has nothing to do with the O Coordinator. Other than the TD run he actually didn't do a ton today. Not ragging on him but let's not act like this was some unparralled performance by him on offense.

He had 17 rush yards, -2 rec yards, and a TD.
I still think Tavon WAS the difference maker in this game. His speed is not taught and the defense always needs to be aware of where Tavon is at.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he's starting to get it at WR...which is nice. Because when he establishes himself as a threat as a WR, those screens will open up.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The none PI called a ball that took too long to get there. Rewind to that play and you'll see TA beat Sherman with speed the ball seemed under thrown by 10 yards.
Sherman still never played the ball. He played Tavon. There should have been a flag.