STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS ARE HERE BABY WHO YOU GOT???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Marc Andre is sitting in a lawn chair with an umbrella drink!

Murray was absolutely brilliant tonight against that lineup...brilliant.

The stops he made in the 2nd and 3rd periods are Cup winning stops.

Beware of the Penguins

In round 1, I thought they came out like the 3 days off had revitalized the Penguins and it led to the 7-0 thrashing of the Flyers.

In the Capitals house, this was as impressive...without Malkin and Hagelin too.

The defending champs sent a message.
Murray still needs to work on stopping those high, glove-side shots. That's his Achilles heel.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Murray still needs to work on stopping those high, glove-side shots. That's his Achilles heel.

I know but how much better was he tonight compared to the last game?

Some stellar net minding tonight.

Patty Roy doesn’t stop that Ovi rising shot over the glove...he gets a pass from me the way he played tonight.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Yeah that's why I specifically mentioned the fans. He's definitely well-loved by them. My comment was re: the Pens' front office and staff, where through some of his early years and even later when they exposed him in the expansion draft you could see that they didn't value him as an elite guy.

But he is elite IMO. That's the disparity at least so far as I can see it, and I suspect that Pittsburgh realizes that now.

Fleury just got his third shutout of the playoffs last night -- all the more impressive when you consider that VGK has played only five playoff games so far.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fleury just got his third shutout of the playoffs last night -- all the more impressive when you consider that VGK has played only five playoff games so far.

He has been as good thus far as anyone in the playoffs. The Knights also play good defense in front of him too, though, so they play a nice team game where all the pieces fit and the whole is greater.

Did you see what they did to the Sharks in game one? Just crazy. That first game looked like JV versus pros.

Still not gonna get too psyched about them, as they have to win eleven more for the cup. But damn I am impressed by the game they're playing. THAT is what hockey should look like IMO.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Did you see what they did to the Sharks in game one? Just crazy. That first game looked like JV versus pros.

I watched all of the 1st period and just the start of the 2nd (wanted to see if SJ was sticking with Jones in net). The back end of the 1st period, the Sharks mounted quite the offensive. They were throwing everything on net.....it's just that nothing was going in.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
No Malkin, no Hagelin today against the Caps.

Missed the 3rd period of Bruins/Lightning...not really a competitive score. Boston continues to look solid.

VGK came back to Earth a little bit with double OT loss to Sharks.

Tight series ahead for all is what I’m expecting.

Would love to see Pens go back home with at least a split in DC.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
No Malkin, no Hagelin today against the Caps.

Missed the 3rd period of Bruins/Lightning...not really a competitive score. Boston continues to look solid.

VGK came back to Earth a little bit with double OT loss to Sharks.

Tight series ahead for all is what I’m expecting.

Would love to see Pens go back home with at least a split in DC.

I'm worried about the potential loss of Dumoulin -- so far in the playoffs he and Schultz have been the Pens' best blueliners.

Hornqvist's goal should have counted. NBC found a shot that clearly showed some white between the puck and the goal line. Inconclusive, my ass!!! Would have made the score 3-2 Caps with plenty of time left.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Oh man!

Horny’s goal was a goal and the Pens had already outplayed the Caps in the 2nd and 3rd; the momentum had changed and I like the chances of OT if not a win from behind.

Still, stealing one in DC, going back home is advantage Penguins.

Big win for Nashville to even up with the Jets

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Oh man!

Horny’s goal was a goal and the Pens had already outplayed the Caps in the 2nd and 3rd; the momentum had changed and I like the chances of OT if not a win from behind.

Still, stealing one in DC, going back home is advantage Penguins.

Big win for Nashville to even up with the Jets

I LOVE Sullivan's postgame press conferences after a loss - especially the final exchange in this clip:

View: https://www.nhl.com/penguins/video/verizon-coachs-corner-post-game/t-277437428/c-60166503

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Ok, I am hoping the Bruins can do to Tampa what they did on Saturday. Tampa will come out smoking tonight though.

Pitt/Washington should be a great series.

I still cant stop rooting for the Winnipeg. They remind of the of the 2011 Bruins. Tough physical team and so fun to watch.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
I still cant stop rooting for the Winnipeg. They remind of the of the 2011 Bruins. Tough physical team and so fun to watch.

I'm hoping to see Winnipeg and Vegas duking it out for the Western Conference Finals. Winnipeg is one of those teams (kinda like the Rams prior to 2017) where there were enough solid players on the roster (guys like Laine, Scheifele, Byfuglien, Wheeler) but for whatever reason couldn't get to the postseason.

They finally got their collective shit together this year, and I hope they can keep it going.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Ugh.....as much as I HATE Ovechkin, I have to applaud that game-winning goal. He clanged it off the right post, and then batted it in mid-air right into the net.

AT LEAST TWO of Washington's goals were the direct result of the Pens' Defense stepping on their own collective dick. They need to work on cleaner exits and sticking to their man. That Stephenson goal, in particular, had several sins committed: Oleksiak's puck handling was piss-poor (all he had to do was bang it off the glass into the neutral zone), compounded by the fact that Stephenson was all alone to snipe it in.

That Niskanen goal was a piss-poor read by Murray. That shot went off his leg pad, then up & over his glove.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Ugh.....as much as I HATE Ovechkin, I have to applaud that game-winning goal. He clanged it off the right post, and then batted it in mid-air right into the net.

AT LEAST TWO of Washington's goals were the direct result of the Pens' Defense stepping on their own collective dick. They need to work on cleaner exits and sticking to their man. That Stephenson goal, in particular, had several sins committed: Oleksiak's puck handling was tick-poor (all he had to do was bang it off the glass into the neutral zone), compounded by the fact that Stephenson was all alone to snipe it in.

That Niskanen goal was a tick-poor read by Murray. That shot went off his leg pad, then up & over his glove.

That was a hell of a goal!

BadCompany

Rookie
That Nashville-Winnipeg series is some Big Boy Hockey, let me tell you. Absolutely fantastic to watch. If you're trying to get non-hockey fans to like hockey, this is the series to tune them into. I only wish I could be there in person (either arena!).

I'm not sure whichever team comes out of it will have anything left for the next round though. It's a tough one.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
That Nashville-Winnipeg series is some Big Boy Hockey, let me tell you. Absolutely fantastic to watch. If you're trying to get non-hockey fans to like hockey, this is the series to tune them into. I only wish I could be there in person (either arena!).

I'm not sure whichever team comes out of it will have anything left for the next round though. It's a tough one.
Don't f#ck with Big Buff: