STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS ARE HERE BABY WHO YOU GOT???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I love the NHL playoffs man. Nothin like it IMO.

Completely agree.

Nothing matches the intensity and speed.

3-4 games every night in the first round...overtime games...edge of the seat action.

I just wish that I lived in a city with a team.

Used to have minor league hockey down here and we went to games frequently.

When the Rams were in St Louis, we would go to Blues games on Saturday night before a Ram game on Sunday.

Very fond memories from hockey games.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Listened to the Bos/Tor game in the car driving home from FL; Boston announcers didn't think it was close.
“Unstoppable” at 4-0

Leafs are a disappointment.

Toronto is losing this series more than Boston is winning it. Boston can play som much better. Could be the Boston negativity in me that has me still worried that Toronto is going to blow the Bruins doors off in game 3 lol

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Toronto is losing this series more than Boston is winning it. Boston can play som much better. Could be the Boston negativity in me that has me still worried that Toronto is going to blow the Bruins doors off in game 3 lol

That last win by the Leafs was a big one, that's for sure. We might have a good series there yet.

Stick a fork in the Ducks though, lol. I'm enjoying their pain and misery very much. I detest the quacks and their lazy OC "let's show up an hour late to a playoff game" fan base. :p

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Stick a fork in the Ducks though, lol. I'm enjoying their pain and misery very much. I detest the quacks and their lazy OC "let's show up an hour late to a playoff game" fan base. :p

I fell asleep in the 3rd period and it was 5-1, Sharks. Woke up and saw the final score of 8-1.

Man....Vegas is on the verge of sweeping their first playoff series. Would be cool to see that happen.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
That last win by the Leafs was a big one, that's for sure. We might have a good series there yet.

Toronto looked a lot more focused. Also, I dont think Boston got one power play in game 3. Boston power play has been lethal. I hear ya on the OC fans lol.

Looking forward to the Washington/Columbus game tonight.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Toronto looked a lot more focused. Also, I dont think Boston got one power play in game 3. Boston power play has been lethal. I hear ya on the OC fans lol.

Looking forward to the Washington/Columbus game tonight.

I do not understand hockey. It feels like any team can win any game, and that's weird to me. I guess football is kind of like that, but it still feels weird.

I need to start watching the Jackets...I live in Columbus but I just don't get into hockey too much.

Having said that, I'm stoked that we're not playing Pittsburgh.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I do not understand hockey. It feels like any team can win any game, and that's weird to me. I guess football is kind of like that, but it still feels weird.

I need to start watching the Jackets...I live in Columbus but I just don't get into hockey too much.

Having said that, I'm stoked that we're not playing Pittsburgh.

It’s why playoff hockey is so much fun. Every team has a chance. It’s also a grind like no other sport.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
It is a game of intensity for sure.

A better team can get pounded if they don’t match the opponents emotion and focus.

Explains the Philly win last Friday...

The Leafs matched Boston

There are no winners in the Sharks/Ducks series...they both choke like lizards

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Did NOT want to see Pens-Flyers go back to Philly. Pens needed to seal the deal at home on Friday night.

If Philly wins today and forces a Game 7, it's theirs for the taking.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Philadelphia beat Pittsburgh 3-2 today, oh wait a second that was baseball...I’m sorry, Pittsburgh beat Philadelphia 8-5 today, that’s a lot of offense, not so much defense.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Did NOT want to see Pens-Flyers go back to Philly. Pens needed to seal the deal at home on Friday night.

If Philly wins today and forces a Game 7, it's theirs for the taking.

I didn’t either and it started on a pretty weak note and then, at the end, Guentzel has a 4 goal game.

Philadelphia beat Pittsburgh 3-2 today, oh wait a second that was baseball...I’m sorry, Pittsburgh beat Philadelphia 8-5 today, that’s a lot of offense, not so much defense.
I thought Matt Murray had his worst game of the series.

I think the McDonald goal from 35 feet was soft.

Murray needs to be better.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Rooting for the Three peat. But if I was a betting man I think I'd pick the Lightning.

I watched every Pens playoff game since college, in the late 80's. This year I only saw one so far.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
I didn’t either and it started on a pretty weak note and then, at the end, Guentzel has a 4 goal game.

I thought Matt Murray had his worst game of the series.

I think the McDonald goal from 35 feet was soft.

Murray needs to be better.

Murray was shaky, but Ruhwedel needs to be walked to the woodshed for that first Flyers' goal. Ice it....hell, knock it over the glass for a delay-of-game penalty...just get the puck out of the crease, for f#ck's sake.

That MacDonald goal - Simmonds screened out Murray perfectly, so I can't fault him for letting in that one. But Murray was soft as hell on that Couturier breakaway in the 2nd period -- that's the one that pissed me off the most.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Murray was shaky, but Ruhwedel needs to be walked to the woodshed for that first Flyers' goal. Ice it....hell, knock it over the glass for a delay-of-game penalty...just get the puck out of the crease, for f#ck's sake.

Exactly, that was brutal.

That MacDonald goal - Simmonds screened out Murray perfectly, so I can't fault him for letting in that one. But Murray was soft as hell on that Couturier breakaway in the 2nd period -- that's the one that ticked me off the most.

You're right, it was Couturier, not McDonald. Thanks.

Murray seems to dump these things as soon as they happen. I hope that he does.

Pretend that he lost. He's like 9-1 coming off a loss.

So, I'll be pulling for the CBJ to extend the series to 7.

What the hell is wrong with Malkin? Knee?

I'm pulling for the Maple Leafs tonight too, so of course, the Caps and Bruins will end their series.

The Flyers were a pretty good surrogate for the Bruins, so the Pens got a preview of what that series may look like.

Nashville reasserts, Sharks are just too old, VGK are fun and I hope Flower has a great series.

And the Jets! Hoo boy, the Preds will have their hands full!

Second round should be awesome!

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
So, I'll be pulling for the CBJ to extend the series to 7.

What the hell is wrong with Malkin? Knee?

Like you, I'm hoping CBJ-WSH goes the full 7 games...and hopefully they'll beat the shit out of each other along the way :D

Malkin's ankle buckled during Game 5 Friday night (I only saw the 3rd period, but I don't remember him NOT being on the ice with his line).

Other thoughts on yesterday's game: I think Riley Sheahan proved that he's being wasted on the 4th line -- he did a hell of a job centering the Malkin line in Gm 6. Brassard still looks shaky trying to move the puck. With a fully healthy roster, I'd put Sheahan on the 3rd line, let Rowney center the 4th line, and healthy-scratch Brassard.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Like you, I'm hoping CBJ-WSH goes the full 7 games...and hopefully they'll beat the crap out of each other along the way :D

Malkin's ankle buckled during Game 5 Friday night (I only saw the 3rd period, but I don't remember him NOT being on the ice with his line).

Other thoughts on yesterday's game: I think Riley Sheahan proved that he's being wasted on the 4th line -- he did a hell of a job centering the Malkin line in Gm 6. Brassard still looks shaky trying to move the puck. With a fully healthy roster, I'd put Sheahan on the 3rd line, let Rowney center the 4th line, and healthy-scratch Brassard.

I really expected Brassard to own that 3rd line center spot.

That 4th line really kept them in it until the Offense got cranked up.

Ruhwedel (spelling) and Rowney were really physical along the walls, taking the puck away on the forecheck.

Need that every game...

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
A co-worker who's also a Pens fan sent me this today:

Bmg6_hqIQAAjBAr.jpg

:ROFLMAO:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm pulling for the Maple Leafs tonight too, so of course, the Caps and Bruins will end their series.

The Flyers were a pretty good surrogate for the Bruins, so the Pens got a preview of what that series may look like.

Nashville reasserts, Sharks are just too old, VGK are fun and I hope Flower has a great series.

And the Jets! Hoo boy, the Preds will have their hands full!

Second round should be awesome!

Yeah I was really happy to see the Leafs force a game seven. I detest all Boston teams, even the Bruins, so hopefully their streets will be running with tears from the chowder heads when all is said and done.

This year's playoffs are full of great matchups round two on. Lookin at the playoff bracket, all of them look really good tbh.

Whether it's the Leafs or Bruins, both make for a great matchup vs the Lightning. All three teams come with elite goal differential (at least +40 on the season). Lightning haven't gotten a lot of love, but if they get by this series I have to think they will.

Caps and Pens are an amazing matchup. Caps been eliminated by the Pens two years running, Ovechkin is tired of being a "regular season MVP" and getting all the flak related to his playoff failures. If you want to see fast, wide open hockey that's the matchup man. I will probably watch at least a few of these games for that reason.

Preds vs Jets I mean are you kiddin me? That might be the best matchup of round two. Preds have experience and that blueline, Jets meanwhile are just effin stacked. Gonna try to watch some of these, probably the Pred home games as that Nashville crowd is live.

And then of course the Knights vs Sharks. Both teams having swept their first round opponent makes for a great storyline, but for me the bigger deal is the contrast in styles. Knights swooped into the Western Division with a game built on speed and skill with four lines, Sharks made moves to add speed but are built more in the Kings' model with a heavy/physical team "built for the playoffs." If the Knights make quick work of them, IMO it's going to signal a change on the west coast in how teams are built.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Yeah I was really happy to see the Leafs force a game seven. I detest all Boston teams, even the Bruins, so hopefully their streets will be running with tears from the chowder heads when all is said and done.

This year's playoffs are full of great matchups round two on. Lookin at the playoff bracket, all of them look really good tbh.

Whether it's the Leafs or Bruins, both make for a great matchup vs the Lightning. All three teams come with elite goal differential (at least +40 on the season). Lightning haven't gotten a lot of love, but if they get by this series I have to think they will.

Boy, the Lightning were THE story early in the regular season and then faded down the stretch

Caps and Pens are an amazing matchup. Caps been eliminated by the Pens two years running, Ovechkin is tired of being a "regular season MVP" and getting all the flak related to his playoff failures. If you want to see fast, wide open hockey that's the matchup man. I will probably watch at least a few of these games for that reason.

I love this one as an admitted Pens fan.
They have met in the playoffs 10 times; Pens are 9-1.

It's like the 49ers - Rams of the '90's domination.

Love Sid Crosby's maturity. He was a bit of a cry baby early, took his lumps and now, he takes all the opposing bullcrap, the fan bullcrap, the jealousy, all of it, and then just goes out and wins the F'N Stanley Cup.

Preds vs Jets I mean are you kiddin me? That might be the best matchup of round two. Preds have experience and that blueline, Jets meanwhile are just effin stacked. Gonna try to watch some of these, probably the Pred home games as that Nashville crowd is live.

Monster series. Jets can win it. Rinne is streaky. Great series!

And then of course the Knights vs Sharks. Both teams having swept their first round opponent makes for a great storyline, but for me the bigger deal is the contrast in styles. Knights swooped into the Western Division with a game built on speed and skill with four lines, Sharks made moves to add speed but are built more in the Kings' model with a heavy/physical team "built for the playoffs." If the Knights make quick work of them, IMO it's going to signal a change on the west coast in how teams are built.

Go Flower and James Neal - ex-Penguins

How cool would it be that Marc Andre Fluery would win another Cup?