Rueben Randle in for visit/Signs with Eagles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Found this pretty quick apparently hes been dealing with tendonitis since high school

CINCINNATI ‐
After missing practice earlier in the week and somewhat surprisingly playing in the preseason opener, Giants wide receiver Rueben Randle limped off after just three plays. His balky knees just didn't want to cooperate.

Randle has been dealing with tendonitis in his knees. It's a problem that has existed to some degree since high school.

Despite practicing little this week in Cincinnati, Randle was on the field for the opening drive Friday night in the Giants preseason opener against the Bengals. He was targeted on a third-down pass. It was a fade route down the right sideline, one that Randle couldn't complete at full speed.

He limped off the field as the Giants went to punt and did not return.

"I felt fine until that last fade," Randle said. "It bothered me right there. I was fine until then.

"I have to see what is causing the problem and fix it. That's all I can do."

That could mean temporarily shutting it down. Randle conceded that is an option. The regular season is still approximately a month away.

From what I'm getting from Giants fans, he was responsible for a good number of Eli's picks due to poor and or lazy route running. Can run simple routes like slants and go routes, but awful on comebacks. Things that require timing or improvising.

I would think he is the 3rd option behind Tavon and Britt.

The tendinitis could be what makes Randle appear to be a lazy route runner. It would be painful to make tight cuts. He should have made it a priority to heal, and got as much info on it as possible and tried everything. I had tendinitis for three years on both ends of each elbow. It didn't go away until I completely shut down the physical work for nearly a full year. I was taking supplements and wearing braces, wrapping my arms in towels when I slept. At times I had to use two hands to pick up a glass of water.

Robinson? Do we need more corners?

I had him on my FA list. He would be a good addition, and insurance if EJ is not ready to play. It took Barrett Jones more than a year to recover from the same injury.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

if the rams sign robinson i will be extremely worried gaines isn't gonna make it back in time. unless, of course, they plan to move joyner to fs.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I had him on my FA list. He would be a good addition, and insurance if EJ is not ready to play. It took Barrett Jones more than a year to recover from the same injury.

It wouldn't be a bad idea either with Tru getting hurt so much..

Did it really take Jones that long to recover? It seemed like his biggest problem was he was way out of shape for an NFL linemen and he had to work to get into that. He also made his Lisfranc worse by playing on it, Gaines didn't.

We'll see how it goes with Gaines, he got hurt so early it'll be over a year before his first game.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It wouldn't be a bad idea either with Tru getting hurt so much..

Did it really take Jones that long to recover? It seemed like his biggest problem was he was way out of shape for an NFL linemen and he had to work to get into that. He also made his Lisfranc worse by playing on it, Gaines didn't.

We'll see how it goes with Gaines, he got hurt so early it'll be over a year before his first game.

In another sport Chien Ming Wang was the Yankees ace one year. He had a Lis Franc injury while running the bases in interleague play. He has been in the minors ever since, with just brief appearances in the show with other teams.

If Gaines is not able to get into shape by the season, even if his injury is fully healed, then he still may not be ready.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Yeah, the Lisfranc injury is a pretty major concern. That's why I was hoping to get 1 of Jenkins and Tru signed long term so they could tag the other. It's hard to predict how Gaines will respond to the injury. A full season out could be enough. Might have been a blessing in disguise to lose him so early last year.

Anyway, I hate to say this team needs Randle, because there isn't much spectacular about the guy, and frankly he seems like more of the same. A Britt/Quick guy who is quicker than fast, rough around the edges and more like a complementary possession guy than someone to be accounted for. The numbers game at the position seems to point to him getting a contract though.

manmaderam

The one and only
Has anyone heard any word on this topic like how his visit went or anything??

**I take it from hearing no word, no agreement was made probably but just checking.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler

Closets thing I could find to game tape. I am intrigued. He is better than Britt which would make him our best pure receiver, but that's not saying much.

Pros: Nice release off of the line scrimmage, good size, wins the typical X receiver routes

Cons: Bad drops, wrong routes?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Closets thing I could find to game tape. I am intrigued. He is better than Britt which would make him our best pure receiver, but that's not saying much.

Pros: Nice release off of the line scrimmage, good size, wins the typical X receiver routes

He looked like a taller Brandon Gibson in that tape to me. Not freakishly fluid, and not overly fast, but fights for the ball, can get a little separation, and can make the big catch when you need him to. Also rounds off his routes, misses some sight adjustment reads, and lacks concentration/effort at times. I assume he's improved since that rookie year (admittedly I don't watch much Giants football), but one has to wonder why the Giants wouldn't try to lock him down if he's integral to their offense.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
but one has to wonder why the Giants wouldn't try to lock him down if he's integral to their offense
I think that with Victor Cruz allegedly healthy, (and restructuring his contract) and the play of Dwayne Harris, they didn't want to pump any more $$ in to the offense. Clearly, they are targeting the D side of the ball for that.
Had Cruz not restructured, many believe he would have been released and they would have made a bigger play for him. They sure weren't fan of his attitude though, that much I know.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Is it just me, or does it seem that the Rams are getting more "Vets" Looking at us now that we've moved back to L.A./Hollywood than when we where in St. Louis!!?!

jjab360

Legend
Randle might be an average at best receiver, but that's still a good bit better than anything else we have on the roster right now and he's only 24. We need to get this done so we have no qualms about still having serious needs while paying the price it takes to trade up to no.1.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Randle might be an average at best receiver, but that's still a good bit better than anything else we have on the roster right now and he's only 24. We need to get this done so we have no qualms about still having serious needs while paying the price it takes to trade up to no.1.

I disagree. Quick, Austin and maybe Britt would have more production on the Giants.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

Good thing that wasn't a highlight reel...He wouldn't have a job washing the jocks after games...Didn't make Eli look like an NFL QB either...Weird collage...

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Is it just me, or does it seem that the Rams are getting more "Vets" Looking at us now that we've moved back to L.A./Hollywood than when we where in St. Louis!!?!

It's not just you!
The Los Angeles Rams rock!
This is the beginning of something great, I'm telling you!

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams are nicely filing in their roster with reasonably priced FA. Pretty good relationship with Tenn, who holds the #1 pick. Would be sweet to go up and get the QB. Seems like the perfect time.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Rams are nicely filing in their roster with reasonably priced FA. Pretty good relationship with Tenn, who holds the #1 pick. Would be sweet to go up and get the QB. Seems like the perfect time.
I couldn't agree more! And I suggested this same thing in another thread!!:D

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
In another sport Chien Ming Wang was the Yankees ace one year. He had a Lis Franc injury while running the bases in interleague play. He has been in the minors ever since, with just brief appearances in the show with other teams.

If Gaines is not able to get into shape by the season, even if his injury is fully healed, then he still may not be ready.
Allan Craig in baseball, all star to all but out of the game in a couple years. About the time the Rams drafted Jones I read an article on soccer players suffering Lisfranc injuries and never being able to play near the level they were before the injury. others did tho. It hurts the ability to plant the foot and change direction when they have to push off with the Lisfranc foot.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Allan Craig in baseball, all star to all but out of the game in a couple years. About the time the Rams drafted Jones I read an article on soccer players suffering Lisfranc injuries and never being able to play near the level they were before the injury. others did tho. It hurts the ability to plant the foot and change direction when they have to push off with the Lisfranc foot.

Yes that is similar to what I have read. Gaines return is not a sure thing. Being able to plant and pivot is very important to a DB