ROD (and reel) Fishing Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
And here's the Wahoo.... My cousin got one too... Kinda. The Tax Man had its way with it about 50 ft off the port stern, lol. In this case, the Tax Man was a seal. I actually have video of it hitting the Wahoo...and blood going everywhere... The second pic was what was left of it, lol.
100040.jpeg
20191125_094326.jpg
20181116_110629.jpg
52145.jpeg
IMG_20181117_073330.jpg

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And here's the Wahoo.... My cousin got one too... Kinda. The Tax Man had its way with it about 50 ft off the port stern, lol. In this case, the Tax Man was a seal. I actually have video of it hitting the Wahoo...and blood going everywhere... The second pic was what was left of it, lol.
View attachment 42790View attachment 42791View attachment 42792View attachment 42793
Ha! We've had seals do the same thing to salmon and small sturgeon and sharks do that to albacore. Mutherfuckers!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
View attachment 42790View attachment 42791View attachment 42792View attachment 42793View attachment 42795

Hahahahahahaaaaa

Our Tax Man down here is sharks. Same thing happens to us with tuna especially. When the Tax Man takes a bite down here... we have to toss the remaining fish. Some sharks have bacteria shit in their mouth that transfers to the meat and can make you sick if you eat it.

Wahoo is one of my favorites! So good... especially very rare or raw. I have 2 fish mounted that I've caught through the years. One is a 92 lb wahoo that hangs behind my desk at work. I'll snap a pic when I finish this post and put it up here. They are amazing fighters and when they light up with their stripes I think they are the coolest looking fish. That's one of the reasons I had this big one mounted. There is a long story too.

I also have the Bahamian line class wahoo record. Caught a 45 lb-er on 12lb test mono on a small spinning reel. My name and my boat's name are still posted on a record board that many of the Bahamian islands have in their marinas. Also a wild story. Catching it was basically an accident.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Here's my lit-up wahoo mount. The fish was over 6 feet long. Just snapped this... you can see a little of my melon in the pic lol.

20210111_130639.jpg

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wahoo is one of my favorites! So good... especially very rare or raw.
That is the Wahoo in the sushi pic. That was the best dish I may have ever had... Seriously. The Wasabi dressing was out of this world. We housed it so fast that I almost forgot to snap that pic before it was all gone, haha.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
That is the Wahoo in the sushi pic. That was the best dish I may have ever had... Seriously. The Wasabi dressing was out of this world. We housed it so fast that I almost forgot to snap that pic before it was all gone, haha.

It is one of my favs too.

It's easy to over cook... kinda like tuna. Best served on the extremely rare side.

In Hawaiian... wahoo means sweet. They named it for the taste I'm sure. At least that's what I remember about It's meaning. LOL

I'm jealous of that man-in-the-blue-suit (aka marlin). I've been fishing my whole life and I have never got one to the boat. I've had em hooked up on my boat several times, but never got em to the leader/boat. I've paid for charters to get em in Costa and never got one that way either. I badly want to catch one. I'm going back to my old stomping grounds in the 808 (Hawaii) in June and my boys and I are going to try again. Hopefully one of us will be able to cross that off our list.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
It is one of my favs too.

It's easy to over cook... kinda like tuna. Best served on the extremely rare side.

In Hawaiian... wahoo means sweet. They named it for the taste I'm sure. At least that's what I remember about It's meaning. LOL

I'm jealous of that man-in-the-blue-suit (aka marlin). I've been fishing my whole life and I have never got one to the boat. I've had em hooked up on my boat several times, but never got em to the leader/boat. I've paid for charters to get em in Costa and never got one that way either. I badly want to catch one. I'm going back to my old stomping grounds in the 808 (Hawaii) in June and my boys and I are going to try again. Hopefully one of us will be able to cross that off our list.
Yeah man, that Marlin was an incredible fight. That was my first charter and was one of the best days ever. We were cracking Pacifico's at sunrise that day. Perfect weather and got lucky enough to catch that Marlin and some Dorado as well. Such a fun day.

20181116_064626.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Yeah man, that Marlin was an incredible fight. That was my first charter and was one of the best days ever. We were cracking Pacifico's at sunrise that day. Perfect weather and got lucky enough to catch that Marlin and some Dorado as well. Such a fun day.

View attachment 42805

Breakfast of Champions.

That's what we always say when we start drinking at sunrise. (y)

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Just ordered these high speed trolling wahoo lures today. Gonna take the boat out after the Super Bowl and hopefully put some meat in the box. These lures are fucking sweet. Several of them have heads that weigh over a pound.

ComboBahamas2Cabo1-1.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
My son caught this on Friday. 9.5 pounds.

He only shot this quick video of the release, no still pics. Funny thing about this... my son was fishing in his kayak. The guy in the expensive bass boat beside him was freaking out about the size of the fish and came over immediately to talk to my son and check out the fish. When my son told me about it that night... he said he "flexed" on this guy. LOL

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Got some comedy gold for my Brethren here.

My son Brett has a friend with a YouTube fishing channel. They made a bass fishing vid last week and it's pretty cool.

Please note.... these bois were BAKED AF during the filming of this. I couldn't stop laughing while I just watched this. Took em a week to edit out the cuss words and the part when Gabe feel out of the fucking kayak.

Enjoy this Spicoli special....

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

My son Brett has a friend with a YouTube fishing channel. They made a bass fishing vid last week and it's pretty cool.

Please note.... these bois were BAKED AF during the filming of this. I couldn't stop laughing while I just watched this. Took em a week to edit out the cuss words and the part when Gabe feel out of the fucking kayak.

Lol. “Beauuuuty”

They had some nice catches there.

I like those sit on top kayaks, too. That’s what those are, right?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Lol. “Beauuuuty”

They had some nice catches there.

I like those sit on top kayaks, too. That’s what those are, right?

Those are my kayaks. They have adjustable built-in seats that are very comfortable. They're made by Wilderness Systems. These are actually designed for saltwater and are easy to paddle even against strong currents. I had some extra rod holders installed when I bought em. These are called Tarpon 14's... 14 feet long. On a lake you can get these things going pretty damn fast.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Nice Amber Jack in Punta Chivato

amber.jpeg

Dorado daze! Back in my living in Baja days....

dorado.jpeg

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Hilarious but also a fun watch for anyone who likes fishing. Cool video.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Those are my kayaks. They have adjustable built-in seats that are very comfortable. They're made by Wilderness Systems. These are actually designed for saltwater and are easy to paddle even against strong currents. I had some extra rod holders installed when I bought em. These are called Tarpon 14's... 14 feet long. On a lake you can get these things going pretty damn fast.

Those look really nice.

Kayak’s are reeeally popular where I live because we have many rivers and waterways you can put them in. I never paid much attention until of late the different types. Even sea kayaking is around me.

Those might be the closest I ever get to owning a boat if I ever considered it. :D

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
My son went fishing last night in the lake we're moving to next week and caught this 6 pounder. Our new lake is spring fed so it's crystal clear. There's lots of underwater lights in it so the fish feed around them all night long.

IMG_8572.jpg