LEGEND Really Cool Photos / Videos

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
That day was one of my best ever. For a little perspective on the 1st pic. That is sun light from a whole in the glacier. Caused by rocks that heat up in the sun and melt thru.
At that point the glacier is about 70 ft thick. I was about 75 yards deep in the cave. The ceiling was about 2ft where I was sitting in the runoff.

Looks like an alien planet. Wild.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Cool Video

This guy is brilliant. He's a Mexican national (who once lived in the U.S.) who's using invasive, dying/dead/rotting seaweed to make bricks to build or repair homes. Just a brilliant thought, using something that's natural, yet invasive to the country to help people.

Just an amazing idea, and it's a hell of a lot more durable than you think it would be; his first house has resisted hurricanes. He's built twenty-five houses since 2018, sold fifteen, given away ten.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Canaveral shore yesterday...
IMG_20230727_185627.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Yep - got a time share there for my wife - she loves Cocoa Beach - go there once or twice a year

Finally visited Kennedy Space Center with a friend that we invited to stay with us.

Hit me up next time... I'm like 35 minutes away from Cocoa. We are over at the Cape all the time. Grills is a cool place to eat/drink right there in the Cape.

The space center is really cool and almost never crowded like the theme parks. It's off the beaten path far enough that most tourists don't go.

Tano

Legend
Hit me up next time... I'm like 35 minutes away from Cocoa. We are over at the Cape all the time. Grills is a cool place to eat/drink right there in the Cape.

The space center is really cool and almost never crowded like the theme parks. It's off the beaten path far enough that most tourists don't go.
Yeah I keep telling my wife if we move to Florida - no matter where we are we are only an hour from a beach

We love the beach and just like to sit there and read books or sit in the water

We are such a boring couple
And the space center definitely wasn't crowded. It's a nice place to visit once but not sure it is a place I would visit a second time.
We will probably be back next April or July for sure. My wife doesn't like the bugs that come in April though.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Yeah I keep telling my wife if we move to Florida - no matter where we are we are only an hour from a beach

We love the beach and just like to sit there and read books or sit in the water

We are such a boring couple
And the space center definitely wasn't crowded. It's a nice place to visit once but not sure it is a place I would visit a second time.

We will probably be back next April or July for sure. My wife doesn't like the bugs that come in April though.

I'm guessing the bug comments are in blue because we have bugs of all kinds year round. Well... the love bugs are seasonal, but you wouldn't mind those unless you're driving your own vehicle down here.

Definitely one and done with the space center... but it is cool.

That pic of Canaveral National Sea Shore was taken by my wife and her girlfriends on Weds. It's just south of our favorite beach New Smyrna. It's nice because there are no vehicles allowed to drive on it and not many people are there because of it. There is a part of it just a little farther south that turns into Federal land so the laws there permit people being nude. There are signs warning people... and believe me, the warning signs are good because you don't want to see any of the folks who are nude out there. LOL

The water is much clearer on Canaveral shore because it is far enough away from the inlets that the dirty out going tide water never gets there. So the water is a lot clearer than NSB and Cocoa because those beaches are close to inlets. There are no real good wave breaks though so nothing to ride... another reason it's not crowded.

Tano

Legend
I'm guessing the bug comments are in blue because we have bugs of all kinds year round. Well... the love bugs are seasonal, but you wouldn't mind those unless you're driving your own vehicle down here.

Definitely one and done with the space center... but it is cool.

That pic of Canaveral National Sea Shore was taken by my wife and her girlfriends on Weds. It's just south of our favorite beach New Smyrna. It's nice because there are no vehicles allowed to drive on it and not many people are there because of it. There is a part of it just a little farther south that turns into Federal land so the laws there permit people being nude. There are signs warning people... and believe me, the warning signs are good because you don't want to see any of the folks who are nude out there. LOL

The water is much clearer on Canaveral shore because it is far enough away from the inlets that the dirty out going tide water never gets there. So the water is a lot clearer than NSB and Cocoa because those beaches are close to inlets. There are no real good wave breaks though so nothing to ride... another reason it's not crowded.
I will have to remember New Smyrna if/when I move to Florida.

That beach sounds nice

Actually the bugs comment should not be in blue because in April we had some really nasty bugs (they were black flying things (not flies p) that kept bothering my wife. whereas in July - no bugs at all bothered us where we stayed.

Tano

Legend
There are signs warning people... and believe me, the warning signs are good because you don't want to see any of the folks who are nude out there. LOL
And I have been to Punta Cana where they allow topless folks and um...

I felt like Al Bundy seeing his neighbor Marcy naked

My eyes my eyes - I will never get that image out of head - my eyes my eyes

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I will have to remember New Smyrna if/when I move to Florida.

That beach sounds nice

Actually the bugs comment should not be in blue because in April we had some really nasty bugs (they were black flying things (not flies p) that kept bothering my wife. whereas in July - no bugs at all bothered us where we stayed.

Those black flying bugs are the love bugs. They don't bite... they just make a mess on your car paint job. The damn things were invented by the gators (UF)... that's what all us FSU fans say... but it's not really true. They come out and swarm a couple of times a year.

NSB is just north of the beach (Canaveral National Sea Shore) in the pic. You can drive on the beach there (NSB) and it is crowded and has some decent surf breaks. Canaveral is the beach that fits what you're looking for I think. Plop down on a chair in the water and not see anyone to your left or right anywhere even close to you.

Tano

Legend
Those black flying bugs are the love bugs. They don't bite... they just make a mess on your car paint job. The damn things were invented by the gators (UF)... that's what all us FSU fans say... but it's not really true. They come out and swarm a couple of times a year.

NSB is just north of the beach (Canaveral National Sea Shore) in the pic. You can drive on the beach there (NSB) and it is crowded and has some decent surf breaks. Canaveral is the beach that fits what you're looking for I think. Plop down on a chair in the water and not see anyone to your left or right anywhere even close to you.
By the way - if we do get together I have to tell you I can't drink alcohol or caffeine due to a medical condition

I am no fun

I have to say I have had no pain the last couple months just drinking water and cranberry juice with an occasional no caffeine soda or non-alcoholic drink

I love virgin pina-coladas - yes I have a sweet tooth

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

No lie. When I transported some tour groups that jumped on a cruise out of Cape Canaveral ( I think) we (bus drivers) hung out in Orlando in hotels, waiting for them to come back. Those damn love bugs plastered the whole front of my tour bus and you have to get them off as soon as possible or they will ruin the paint.
It sounds like an FSU plot...

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
No lie. When I transported some tour groups that jumped on a cruise out of Cape Canaveral ( I think) we (bus drivers) hung out in Orlando in hotels, waiting for them to come back. Those damn love bugs plastered the whole front of my tour bus and you have to get them off as soon as possible or they will ruin the paint.
It sounds like an FSU plot...

Yeah... don't let em bake onto your paint for over a day or their smashed guts and body parts somehow rot the paint and other surfaces of your vehicle right off. I think the old car "bras" were invented back in the 80's to actually combat the lovebugs... I'm not certain of that though.

They are especially bad around low lying areas like you find all the way up and down I-95. Your vehicle and windshield can be COMPLETELY covered in no time during peak periods around areas like that. People now spray non-stick cooking oil on the grills of their vehicles to help with the cleanup.

Those fuckers are also attracted to anything painted white. So if your car or house are white... they will all fly over and just sit on your vehicle or house. They're still alive and not smashed so they just fly off of your vehicle when you drive away... but white houses can have black bugs completely covering all the white paint.

Luckily they don't stay around very long.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Taken a couple of weeks ago in Puako Bay, HI just north of Kona. Crazy how close the manta rays will feed and barrel roll right in front of you.

If you look closely you can see the long stringy rakers in the gills that will capture the zooplankton.

20230803223938_000047.JPG