LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Jurassic World

10/10, would ride into battle with raptors.

On a more serious note, the movie was fun, good for nostalgia. On its own the movie was okay, nothing amazing but certainly not bad. I enjoyed the movie a lot (my girlfriend loved it, which was funny because I've been trying to get her to see it since it came out) and would definitely watch it again. I would work their ACU/raptor unit in a heartbeat if it was a real opportunity. I'd give it an 8.5/10.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Terminator: Genisys
If you liked T1 and T2 and hate "updates" like the re-did Star Trek Khan or Greedo shooting first, do not bother seeing this...it will only pee pee you off.
If you do not care about how much people mess with old movie storylines or characters, then its a passable movie with a very thin and yet convoluted at the same time plot.
Decent action, decent 3D effects and mostly decent one-liners....but overall feels like a mash-up
8.5/10 for me. What I liked was the redone scenes from the first Terminator. Of course, things don't happen the same way in Genisys, and you get that feeling when Kyle Reece goes back in time and sees himself having memories he never had before; of his mother and father and so forth and a social media device called Genisys. No more spoilers from me.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Jurassic World

10/10, would ride into battle with raptors.

On a more serious note, the movie was fun, good for nostalgia. On its own the movie was okay, nothing amazing but certainly not bad. I enjoyed the movie a lot (my girlfriend loved it, which was funny because I've been trying to get her to see it since it came out) and would definitely watch it again. I would work their ACU/raptor unit in a heartbeat if it was a real opportunity. I'd give it an 8.5/10.
8/10 for me. There were the usual stupid attempts to make a better dinosaur. But overall, I like it.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
King Kong re-watch(2005)
7/10
I don't mind long films if the content is necessary, but Peter Jackson's Kong needed some serious trimming. Time spent before even getting on the boat, dinosaur stampede scene, ice in Central Park scene etc...all needed to go.

I still like the '76 version more.

Last edited:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Ant-Man

Holy hell that was a fun movie. I recommend watching it in IMAX 3D for a real trip.

Also 2 awesome post credit scenes. The 2nd post credit was my favorite.

9/10

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Ant-Man

Holy hell that was a fun movie. I recommend watching it in IMAX 3D for a real trip.

Also 2 awesome post credit scenes. The 2nd post credit was my favorite.

9/10

I was a little less enthusiastic about the film.

I'll give it 6/10.

I loved the scenes where he's small. They did that very well.

But there was a lot I wasn't too happy about. First of all, it felt like a long film. The early action is narrated and that just put a dull edge to it. I don't want to give anything away so I'm going to be a bit vague. The tone of the film was probably right--slanted more toward silly than serious(which made it look like a chore when they tried to wedge some of the serious stuff in there).

But this is a purely supporting Avenger IMO. It's the story of a supporting character. Did he really need a whole film? Black Widow hasn't had one. Hawkeye got a lot of time in the last Avengers without his own film. I'm not saying that Ant-Man can't be a really interesting addition to The Avengers world. Because I think he can. But like his size---use him a little. I think he'd be more effective like that.

It was a good film.

But it didn't blow me away-----unlike the Star Wars trailer. That looked amazing.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I just watched "Kingsmen" on pay per view and Loved it!!

Angry Ram

I was a little less enthusiastic about the film.

I'll give it 6/10.

I loved the scenes where he's small. They did that very well.

But there was a lot I wasn't too happy about. First of all, it felt like a long film. The early action is narrated and that just put a dull edge to it. I don't want to give anything away so I'm going to be a bit vague. The tone of the film was probably right--slanted more toward silly than serious(which made it look like a chore when they tried to wedge some of the serious stuff in there).

But this is a purely supporting Avenger IMO. It's the story of a supporting character. Did he really need a whole film? Black Widow hasn't had one. Hawkeye got a lot of time in the last Avengers without his own film. I'm not saying that Ant-Man can't be a really interesting addition to The Avengers world. Because I think he can. But like his size---use him a little. I think he'd be more effective like that.

It was a good film.

But it didn't blow me away-----unlike the Star Wars trailer. That looked amazing.

Well you're just no fun then....

Anyway, technically Hawkeye and Widow aren't considered super heroes like Stark, Rodgers, etc. At least in the movies. They are highly skilled SHIELD agents, and that's pretty much it.

Ant-Man is going to play a big role in the MCU. He along with Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel, and Spidey. We already get a taste of it in this movie. Plus, if you know what happens during Civil War (I'll just leave that there).

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Well you're just no fun then....

Anyway, technically Hawkeye and Widow aren't considered super heroes like Stark, Rodgers, etc. At least in the movies. They are highly skilled SHIELD agents, and that's pretty much it.

Ant-Man is going to play a big role in the MCU. He along with Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel, and Spidey. We already get a taste of it in this movie. Plus, if you know what happens during Civil War (I'll just leave that there).

I should have prefaced my comments with the fact that I am clueless when it comes to the actual comics world.

I used to watch a 60s cartoon with Spiderman and Captain America and some others but that's about it. So the movie world exists for me by itself. I have to ask my son a lot of questions---like what the deal was with that first post-credits clip. Who it was supposed to be or become(name of character). He knew right away. Than I had to ask--good guy or bad guy?

But overall I do enjoy these movies.

Iron Man is still my favorite.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
'This Is The End' with Seth Rogan, James Franco, Jonah Hill, Danny McBride, Craig Robinson and a long list of celebrity cameos. Wow! What a horrible idea for a movie. One of the worst movies I've ever seen and that's saying something. Not funny, not scary, not interesting. 1/10.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILnE7dEhCcc

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I actually enjoyed This is he End. I would rate it solid 7.

Angry Ram

I should have prefaced my comments with the fact that I am clueless when it comes to the actual comics world.

I used to watch a 60s cartoon with Spiderman and Captain America and some others but that's about it. So the movie world exists for me by itself. I have to ask my son a lot of questions---like what the deal was with that first post-credits clip. Who it was supposed to be or become(name of character). He knew right away. Than I had to ask--good guy or bad guy?

But overall I do enjoy these movies.

Iron Man is still my favorite.

Well that scene's origins was already shown in the main movie, and a pretty big part of it too.

The current plan for the MCU is to have an all new Avenger team by the end of Infinity Wars, and it's building up to it with these starting with Age of Ultron. But before that all these heroes are going to choose sides in Civil War, which is the next MCU movie. Which is basically Avengers 2.5. Ant-Man plays a role in that too.

Athos

Legend
I give Ant Man a solid 7.5-8/10.

Not my favorite Marvel hit, but it was different and certainly entertaining. I think Michael Pena stole every scene he was in.

And then there's Eve Lily. Been in love with that minx since the first fucking episode of LOST. She's a hot little firecracker.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Took the grandkids to see Wonderland and enjoyed it! If the kids use the point of the movie to help fix the world, it was more than worth it! 8/10!

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Sorry ROD members! I meant to say Tomorrowland! Sounded funny when I typed it the first time!:oops:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Ex Machina - 8 of 10

If you like AI stuff, this might be for you. It will give your head a good twist.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
71 - 7.5 of 10

I liked the action in this one but I know they were speaking English in this movie but for some reason, I struggled with the Irish dialect.