Rams sign Tre'Davious White

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Byron Young. His 8 sacks 8 tfl 2 forced fumbles for a 3rd round pick is absolutely excelling coming out of the gate. I mean one more sack 2 less tfl and 2 more forced fumbles than the guy that won the popularity contest for DROY and people seem to not consider him around here as somebody to help our defense keep progressing.
Fuck the NFL and their fake ass awards. It should be all based on actual production, but oh well. Let them slober all over someone else's nuts while we have a player that quietly does a great job.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Fisher agreed with several coaches and scouts that Manziel has the potential to be a phenomenal quarterback with exceptional competitive qualities. However, the coach remained committed to Bradford (the No. 1 overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft), who was off to a strong start last season before tearing his ACL in an October defeat to the Carolina Panthers.

At a Wednesday night event for season-ticket holders held at the team's indoor training facility, Snead and Fisher each joined Bradford onstage and pledged allegiance to the quarterback, a clear signal that the Rams would not be drafting Manziel second overall. Shortly after heading home Wednesday night, Fisher laid out his philosophy while sharing his strategy for the first round.
"I've got three hellacious defensive fronts in my division, and I want some big, strong maulers who go right at Seattle and San Francisco's linebackers and let us pound the ball," Fisher explained. "To survive in the NFC West, we have to win in the trenches. That's what this draft is about."

"I'm gonna go out and get the best (offensive) lineman in the draft," Fisher said. "And then I might go get another at 13."

Notre Dame's Zack Martin was the secondary target, though Fisher and Snead were legitimately worried that each of the three players they liked at that spot -- Martin, Donald and Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley -- would be off the board. In that scenario, St. Louis would have tried to trade down into the 20s, where they'd be able to land an offensive lineman a bit lower on their board.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
"I'm gonna go out and get the best (offensive) lineman in the draft," Fisher said. "And then I might go get another at 13."

Notre Dame's Zack Martin was the secondary target, though Fisher and Snead were legitimately worried that each of the three players they liked at that spot -- Martin, Donald and Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley -- would be off the board. In that scenario, St. Louis would have tried to trade down into the 20s, where they'd be able to land an offensive lineman a bit lower on their board.

After Rams got Donald --- there was still attempts to get Martin by trading with Dallas. "Would have been expensive", said Fisher. They could have gotten Martin but would have been 2014 #2, 2015 #1 plus prob another #1 or close to it

That fell through so there was talk about getting Manziel in the low 20s by trading a #2, a 2015 #1 and more (maybe another #1 or #2)

In first pick they were looking at others besides Robisnon --- Mack and others. Fish said thee were "six guys" they were looking at the #2 overall.

Robinson, Mack, Matthews (in maybe trade down) .... don't know all others.

So agree ... Martin was someone they loved but after they got Donald they couldn't swing it. But they were looking at Manziel in the low 20s, even after Donald and the Martin deal didn't work.

I remember being in shock. wanted no part of manziel

I do admit, though, I had no problem with Greg Robinson being selected. Didn't think Jason Smith could happen again but it did.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Maybe you are right but having watched White the last 4 or 5 years, I think he could possibly move to safety.

This is just a gut feeling so I could be completely wrong about it.

Sean Mcvay loves DAWGS !! He likes to bring in Winners & All Pro type players.It adds to the team with Leaders that help develop the younger players as well.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
After Rams got Donald --- there was still attempts to get Martin by trading with Dallas. "Would have been expensive", said Fisher. They could have gotten Martin but would have been 2014 #2, 2015 #1 plus prob another #1 or close to it

That fell through so there was talk about getting Manziel in the low 20s by trading a #2, a 2015 #1 and more (maybe another #1 or #2)

In first pick they were looking at others besides Robisnon --- Mack and others. Fish said thee were "six guys" they were looking at the #2 overall.

Robinson, Mack, Matthews (in maybe trade down) .... don't know all others.

So agree ... Martin was someone they loved but after they got Donald they couldn't swing it. But they were looking at Manziel in the low 20s, even after Donald and the Martin deal didn't work.

I remember being in shock. wanted no part of manziel

I do admit, though, I had no problem with Greg Robinson being selected. Didn't think Jason Smith could happen again but it did.
Greg Robinson ? The Rams could have got a 1st. Rd pick the following year from the Vikings & taken Matthew's who is still a starting LT for the Falcons.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Greg Robinson ? The Rams could have got a 1st. Rd pick the following year from the Vikings & taken Matthew's who is still a starting LT for the Falcons.
That is what I wanted--a trade down and take Matthews -- exactly that. I had no problem with them doing what they did at the time but it is not what I wanted/ I had no idea Rams could bust with te tackles with the 2nd overall pick in 5 years.

Tano

Legend
Sean Mcvay loves DAWGS !! He likes to bring in Winners & All Pro type players.It adds to the team with Leaders that help develop the younger players as well.
Did you see my post that said I like the move because he brings experience to the team.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Did you see my post that said I like the move because he brings experience to the team.
Sure - I guess,but it still doesn’t take way from him liking leaders & Dawgs. You’re saying he is going to play Safety. At what point does that even question how good he is or what position he is going to play ?
Dude was an All Pro who played for a winning organization who was coming off a Huge Contract.

Jake(bong) was saying he is high risk ? Do you think the same , what about his contract.Just asking to see what your thinking about those questions. I see you like the signing the risk & contract. Plus what would he look like as The Rams starting CB & or who is going to start there opposite of Williams if White doesn’t ?

Tano

Legend
Sure - I guess,but it still doesn’t take way from him liking leaders & Dawgs. You’re saying he is going to play Safety. At what point does that even question how good he is or what position he is going to play ?
Dude was an All Pro who played for a winning organization who was coming off a Huge Contract.

Jake(bong) was saying he is high risk ? Do you think the same , what about his contract.Just asking to see what your thinking about those questions. I see you like the signing the risk & contract. Plus what would he look like as The Rams starting CB & or who is going to start there opposite of Williams if White doesn’t ?
I should probably clarify my statement.

I don't think he will be playing safety (at least not right away) but he will definitely make a run at CB.

If he can't handle the position, will he retire or will he try to move to safety. I think he could handle safety.

But then again, he may not want to play that position.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I should probably clarify my statement.

I don't think he will be playing safety (at least not right away) but he will definitely make a run at CB.

If he can't handle the position, will he retire or will he try to move to safety. I think he could handle safety.

But then again, he may not want to play that position.
He officially hasn’t been signed wonder if he’s taken a vacation ?
The Rams signing him must believe he can handle CB pretty easily if they sign him for what that price is.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Rams doctor did his surgery. I would assume he did Akers and Noteboom's too. Maybe it wasn't as bad as either?

Tano

Legend
He officially hasn’t been signed wonder if he’s taken a vacation ?
The Rams signing him must believe he can handle CB pretty easily if they sign him for what that price is.
What's the Guarantee amount? If he doesn't make the team, do the Rams get to reduce the CAP hit?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What's the Guarantee amount? If he doesn't make the team, do the Rams get to reduce the CAP hit?
It’s not official .Jake’s podcast last week said(news) 5 plus million$.

There hasn’t been much said since.
Actually 8.5 million,so yes I see where Jake was upset ? IMO I think it is a good deal for both & what he will bring in Leadership as well. — I can go on,but I like it & think The Rams Trust he will be healthy. — Since it hasn’t been officially reported by The Rams I’ll hold caution .

View: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10112104-nfl-rumors-tredavious-white-rams-agree-to-1-year-85m-contract-after-bills-exit

Tano

Legend
It’s not official .Jake’s podcast last week said(news) 5 plus million$.

There hasn’t been much said since.
Actually 8.5 million,so yes I see where Jake was upset ? IMO I think it is a good deal for both & what he will bring in Leadership as well. — I can go on,but I like it & think The Rams Trust he will be healthy. — Since it hasn’t been officially reported by The Rams I’ll hold caution .

View: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10112104-nfl-rumors-tredavious-white-rams-agree-to-1-year-85m-contract-after-bills-exit

I like it too because of the leadership.

Just worried that the bend in the ankle won't be there for when he needs to do a cut.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Fuck the NFL and their fake ass awards. It should be all based on actual production, but oh well. Let them slober all over someone else's nuts while we have a player that quietly does a great job.
Oldschools point was that we around here aren’t respecting
B. Young like we should ?

Young from the start was my GF’s favorite player. He had the tightes butt on the field.You get up close to him dude is chiseled more than any player on The Rams. AD99 was a beast ,but Young stood out in his own way.

Who was that Ram last season that everyone was high on going into training camp ? Well I know that guy who was from that small school from the 2022 draft got Cut.

Hoecht was okay,but Oldschool saying that Ram Fans are thinking much about B. Young is CRAZY!! Even with B. Young The Rams need an EDGE RUSHER no doubt.
We ALL know that!!
—bye - I was so PISSED the Saints had taken him as reported. Only to find out it was the DE/ST from BAMA .

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I hope this doesn’t dissuade the Rams from targeting a top (possibly a #1) CB. We have no idea how White will perform after those back to back injuries, or even when he’ll be READY to go.