Rams sign Kamren Curl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Great signing

Now go resign Johnson and draft DeJean. That said:

1. Sadly, I do not think DeJean will make it to 19 - he is way too talented and an impactful player! that will climb up these so-called draft boards as media shlocks speak with actual decision makers - who should have him rated higher than we currently expect based on his tape, attitude and metrics. OK it will depend on whether they view him as a CB or Safety but why would you switch a potentially dominant talent to the inside when he is capable of dominating outside?

2. Johnston deserves a good multi-year [3-year] deal that doesn't break the bank. I suspect Atlanta or the Chargers will offer him one

If we were to sign both, look out, our secondary will be superb with a great mix of depth, talent and experience.

I have always seen Lake and Yeast as being more situational, and there is great value in that, as they do certain things extremely well so I am not sure this great signing affects our starting rotation.

Thought?

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
"According to PFF, Curl has averaged over 30 “stops” a season during his first four seasons. A stop is considered any tackle that constitutes an offensive failure. For instance, if a player makes a catch for three yards on 3rd-and-4, it’s deemed a failure for the offense, and the defender making the tackle gets a “stop.” Curl is a solid tackler overall, with a missed tackle percentage of just 9.8. Amos’ career missed tackle percentage is 9.2. Anything around a 90 percent tackle success rate is considered strong at safety. Curl has just three career interceptions and one forced fumble, but splash plays weren’t a big part of Amos’ game until he arrived in Green Bay. Being in the right spot and doing the right things consistently can sometimes be more valuable than the occasional big play. That’s Curl’s game. And eventually, the splash plays arrive for players consistently in the right spots, as was the case for Amos"

"Curl isn’t yet 25 years old and looks like an ascending player"

Complete player who fits our system

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
Lotta locals here were sad the lose Curl. Said he was one of the few shining spots on the defense. He was a good player and a lot were confused why they didn't resign him. Didn't watch him play a lot, but from what I'm being told he is a solid pickup.

They all said he is a hard nosed player which I personally love to hear.

(BTW I live in Virginia and the Commodes are the "local" home town team here)

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Sometimes really good players on bad teams do not get much notice.

Living in NYC, and seeing all the Giants' games, have gotten to watch Washington and Curl.

Think you guys will like him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don’t know anything about this guy but have to assume he’s one tough SOB
I mean think of all the nicknames this poor bastard had to deal with growing up…

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
Lotta locals here were sad the lose Curl. Said he was one of the few shining spots on the defense. He was a good player and a lot were confused why they didn't resign him. Didn't watch him play a lot, but from what I'm being told he is a solid pickup.

They all said he is a hard nosed player which I personally love to hear.

(BTW I live in Virginia and the Commodes are the "local" home town team here)
Same I live in Virginia and all my Commodes buddies really liked him as a player.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm reading nothing but good things about this signing. Welcome to LA Kamren!

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I didn't know much about him, but everything I've read has been absolutely outstanding. I'm excited as HELL for this move!

Few reasons why:

1) He seems extremely versatile and can knock your head off.

2) He's only 24 and ascending, got him for a steal on a 2yr deal which is awesome. He'll be 26 when he's a FA again and if he keeps ascending, can sign a nice lucrative deal to stay in LA and be the leaderer of the DBs for a long time.

3) My favorite, absolutely a sure and fierce tackler. Brings an absolute physicality, toughness and grit that we jacked when Jalen left, and honestly, lacked at S for awhile.

The Rams are targeting guys with GRIT, PHYSICALITY, and TOUGHNESS.. we're becoming the bullies.. something I've wished for for so long.

A+ move.

Now go sign it trade for a starting EDGE and draft Cooper DeJean.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The only semi negatives I've read are he was amazing his rookie year and never stepped it up after that. But he started out great.

And he doesn't get ints, but he clearly has forced fumbles.

Last edited:

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Don't know anything about this player beyond what I am reading now and seeing on his highlights. Looks like a really good signing for this price! 24 years old... some rookies are that age... we definitely will get his best years, in theory. Price paid seems like a steal too.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Well, I guess Jack was right yesterday when he said the Rams would be making another big signing.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Well, I guess Jack was right yesterday when he said the Rams would be making another big signing.

I don't think so. The only reason I say that is because of an exchange between Jake and another poster.

I went-back to look it up.

A poster wrote this:
'props to you for sticking bro this potential big thing. You easily could have pivoted and said the big thing was the JJ (Jonah Jackson) acquisition and removed your head from the noose.'

Jake responded with this:
'With that said, this is a much much bigger name.'

Kamren Curl seems like a good addition but he is NOT a "much bigger name" than Jonah Jackson.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I may have felt the same way until I looked at Curl's highlight reel.