Rams sign DT Dominique Easley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller
One of those low risk/high reward situations. Our D-Line group has tons of leadership and chemistry. If he starts pulling that kind of stuff he'll get shown the door faster than he can say dumbass.

On the field, he's productive. Not a stats guy but he blows plays up, takes on double teams well and frees up other guys to make plays. Really exactly what we want on the line so Quinn and Donald can go to work.

Sugn him cheap, if he pulls any crap we just cut him.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Seems like this year's Fairley signing, although a lot cheaper and a lot more injury prone. Could be an insane interior pass rush if he was alongside Donald, even if it's just for 3 games before he goes on IR, still probably cheaper per game than Fairley was.

Honestly don't know much about the character stuff, but at least one of his teammates disputed the character issue report as false: www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots/the_blitz/2016/04/patriots_dt_alan_branch_disputes_reports_that_dominique_easley_was

Alan Branch said about Easley, "I think he's a great guy. I was surprised that someone actually put that out there, but from my perspective he's a really good dude."

Maybe Easley just didn't fully buy into the Patriot Way which doesn't mean necessarily bad character, could just mean he was a bad fit there.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
The Rams are sort of going raider..... I mean I'm glad it's not the 4 pillars, but how about at least 1 pillar?

I mean, I'd love for all these "off the field issue bad attitude" guys to get a second chance and come correct and prove they're pros' pros -- but the more guys like this you collect at any one time I think the chances are greater that at least one of them won't fall in line with Fisher's patronly approach and end up on TMZ

(Insert Titus Young photo here)

TITUS-YOUNG-NOT-ARRESTED-TODAY-300x168.png

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Some kids take longer to grow up than others. Sometimes it never happens.

Could be lightning in a bottle though.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah I mean I'm all for giving second chances and while Fisher does take risks on character it's usually the types that just did something stupid that most of us have done in our younger days. He doesn't have a history of picking up locker room cancers and keeping them very long. So if he's comfortable with it I'd guess they did some serious research first and are fine with it. And if something comes up he doesn't like they'll cut him quickly like they did Titus. But out of all the things Easley's done, the multiple issues he has had with his dogs is an instant red flag for me at least.
I haven't read about those and I agree. I've only heard the injury and locker room stuff. I'll check the rest out after work.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
This could be a high reward, low risk proposition, if handled correctly.

First, a come to Jesus interview and background check.

An inexpensive but incentive laden short term contract offered. With realistic incentives but low guaranteed money. Maybe only one or two years in duration.

That puts the motivation squarely on Easley. If he produces big time next to Donald, it's a helluva win win.

If he struggles on the field or creates off the field problems in the locker room or meetings, oh well... The cost would be relatively small.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
+1 CG.
why does it seem like we are filling the locker room with bad character guys

Dunno - why does it? I'd like to see a list of these "bad character" guys, and the reasons.

PS - It would really be a reach to think he got crosswise with the "patriot way", and Kraft and Company put the word out he was a problem, right?
Anonymous source my fucking ass.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I see him as someone who can handle AD's few snaps when he needs a blow and a guy who can penetrate during an all out run at the QB along w Quinn, Donald, and Hayes. As has been mentioned before... All Fisher has to do is make it clear: get right or get out. This is your last chance son to have a great life or a forgettable one. Hey, it worked w others...

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Not defending Easley at all - know nothing about him, (as I suspect is true of a lot of us), - but just get tired of the knee-jerk "get a rope" mentality today.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Great production when on the field and would replace Fairley nicely.

Love that they are bringing him in. If he checks out, that's a really nice pick up for the team.

Fisher doesn't seem worried about handling these potentially "low character" guys.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great production when on the field and would replace Fairley nicely.

Love that they are bringing him in. If he checks out, that's a really nice pick up for the team.

Fisher doesn't seem worried about handling these potentially "low character" guys.
Maybe Fisher is going to be a therapist when he retires from the NFL.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Immature and doesn't really care about anyone but himself plus I'd put money that he fights his dogs. They don't get THAT aggressive unless you're either training them to fight or just flat out abusing them.
Just stop...really....that is a totally false statement....