Rams players i'd love to trade :

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
1) Mannion - guarantees Goff is next in without looking over his shoulder, we can always pick up another young developmental QB in later rounds, also opens up another roster spot. Extend Keenum as our permanent back-up. By mid-season there should be a few teams in need of help, so long as we aren't one of them, maybe we get our 3'rd round draft pick back.

2) Sims - Westbrooks grades better in both pass & rush D, an aging Sims is expensive & redundant. Allows us to bring Fox up to the 53. There are plenty of teams in need of DL help.

3) Quick - Perhaps a new geographic location gives him a new lease on life. A high draft pick, 4 years with the team, less than 1000 yards, only 7 TD's, ... time to upgrade this consistently poor unit. Even a 7'th might be optimistic.

4) Joyner - After 2 seasons, still looking for where he fits on this team. Another high draft pick, no interceptions, undersized, ... hopefully a new location helps him realize potential.

These players have not been helping our team, it's not so much about retrieving good draft picks, although that would be great, but the Rams have nearly $12.mil in CAP space, so filling these spots with better talent is more important to a team which could actually compete for a play-off spot this season. Trade for a couple players, bring a couple guys up from the practice squad, either way, let's hunt for some value which also improves our teams opportunities. jmo.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know..To get a meaningful player that will immediately help us now, means we'll have to give up somebody (and probably draft picks) that will cause pain..the players listed wouldn't cause me pain if they were traded...

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I doubt if they would get anything better for a 7th rounder for any of the four .

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think I know the answer from the Offensively minded folks here what they would do, but thinking along the line of trading value for value....Our greatest strength on the team is the Dline, so maybe losing the player that hurts would be Aaron Donald or to a lesser degree, Robert Quinn or Brockers. In return, we get a dream #1 WR......My first reaction would be HE.LL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (especially for dealing way a future HOFer in Aaron Donald)...So how about it? Pick the best WR you can think of, and do the trade...or, would you?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'd like to make a three way deal...Rams deal Chase Reynolds to the Chargers who then deal Danny Woodhead to the Bengals who in turn deal Rex Burkhead to the Rams.

jjab360

Legend
I think I know the answer from the Offensively minded folks here what they would do, but thinking along the line of trading value for value....Our greatest strength on the team is the Dline, so maybe losing the player that hurts would be Aaron Donald or to a lesser degree, Robert Quinn or Brockers. In return, we get a dream #1 WR......My first reaction would be HE.LL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (especially for dealing way a future HOFer in Aaron Donald)...So how about it? Pick the best WR you can think of, and do the trade...or, would you?
There's not a WR in the league I'm trading Aaron Donald for.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's not a WR in the league I'm trading Aaron Donald for.
I am totally with you....but I wonder if we are a minority? The second part of getting a franchise QB (hopefully Goff) is getting a prime weapon at WR...They care about Offense more than defense, because they consider defenseive ground and pound games boring, and want the high flying, scoring teams......

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I am totally with you....but I wonder if we are a minority? The second part of getting a franchise QB (hopefully Goff) is getting a prime weapon at WR...They care about Offense more than defense, because they consider defenseive ground and pound games boring, and want the high flying, scoring teams......

Your in the majority I guarantee that. Receivers don't impact every play. A force like Donald, impacts every play he's on the field. It's really a no brainer. Especially in a run heavy offense like ours.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know..To get a meaningful player that will immediately help us now, means we'll have to give up somebody (and probably draft picks) that will cause pain..the players listed wouldn't cause me pain if they were traded...

I believe if management thought we were play-off material, they would take a step to better improve those odds. I don't want to waste an opportunity which I believe exists today. While the above mentioned players aren't really expected to bring in high draft picks or a great player, they can be bundled in combination with other draft picks to make something happen. The Rams spent 5 high picks (two 1'sts, one 2'nd, two 3'rds) on Goff, are we not willing to spend one on a quality WR ? I realize the Fisher philosophy is about building from the draft out, and i'm in complete agreement, but there is also the thought that if you believe you are only 1 or 2 players away, then you make it happen. The difference for the Rams this time around is that while 2017 lacks draft picks, we will be in very good CAP shape, better than any time in the Fisher era.
As it appears today, the Rams could have more than $50.mil in available CAP next year with just two major contracts to work out, Brockers and Tru Johnson. An enviable position to find ourselves. jmo.

bluecoconuts

Legend
1) Mannion - guarantees Goff is next in without looking over his shoulder, we can always pick up another young developmental QB in later rounds, also opens up another roster spot. Extend Keenum as our permanent back-up. By mid-season there should be a few teams in need of help, so long as we aren't one of them, maybe we get our 3'rd round draft pick back.

He's our backup to the future, I don't think there's any reason why Goff would be looking over his shoulder at Mannion, and I don't think he's done enough to justify a 3rd round pick.

2) Sims - Westbrooks grades better in both pass & rush D, an aging Sims is expensive & redundant. Allows us to bring Fox up to the 53. There are plenty of teams in need of DL help.

We're deep here, I'm behind moving Sims.

3) Quick - Perhaps a new geographic location gives him a new lease on life. A high draft pick, 4 years with the team, less than 1000 yards, only 7 TD's, ... time to upgrade this consistently poor unit. Even a 7'th might be optimistic.

The issue is we don't really have anyone to replace him with.. It's not a simple addition by subtraction. Especially since most teams know that they could probably grab him next year for free.

4) Joyner - After 2 seasons, still looking for where he fits on this team. Another high draft pick, no interceptions, undersized, ... hopefully a new location helps him realize potential.

I wouldn't mind if we weren't thin at DB right now.. Honestly I think he'd make a better safety.

jjab360

Legend
The issue is we don't really have anyone to replace him with.. It's not a simple addition by subtraction. Especially since most teams know that they could probably grab him next year for free.
It couldn't possibly be that hard to replace the nonexistent production Quick has put up in the 4 years he's been here...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

These players have not been helping our team, it's not so much about retrieving good draft picks, although that would be great, but the Rams have nearly $12.mil in CAP space, so filling these spots with better talent is more important to a team which could actually compete for a play-off spot this season. Trade for a couple players, bring a couple guys up from the practice squad, either way, let's hunt for some value which also improves our teams opportunities. jmo.
I could agree with 3 out of 4! But I don't want to let Mannion go just yet!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I could agree with 3 out of 4! But I don't want to let Mannion go just yet!

If Goff is ready to go at the BYE, I don't see any future value holding on to Mannion. It would be pretty rare to have a rookie and a 1 year man as his back-up, ... we'd want a veteran behind him to help as mentor imo. If some team needs a QB and is willing to pay for the pleasure, he's gone. Mannion will never have an opportunity to start with the Rams, i'd like to see him get a shot with some team. He may only amount to a back-up in the NFL, but he deserves a trial. jmo.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Goff is ready to go at the BYE, I don't see any future value holding on to Mannion. It would be pretty rare to have a rookie and a 1 year man as his back-up, ... we'd want a veteran behind him to help as mentor imo. If some team needs a QB and is willing to pay for the pleasure, he's gone. Mannion will never have an opportunity to start with the Rams, i'd like to see him get a shot with some team. He may only amount to a back-up in the NFL, but he deserves a trial. jmo.

See, if Goff is ready, I'd think Keenum is the one to trade if some team is desperate. He's a free agent after this season, and the Rams won't be willing to pay what he would get on the open market. IF there is an offer more than the comp pick the Rams would get for him, I could see trading him then, and relying on the inexpensive Mannion as the backup for the next few seasons.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Disagree, we need to keep him, next year he's the #2 to Goff.

This wouldn't upset me at all but not sure it happens unless a team really struggles early with the pass rush or has a big injury.

Doubt anybody wants either tbh.

bluecoconuts

Legend
It couldn't possibly be that hard to replace the nonexistent production Quick has put up in the 4 years he's been here...

You'd think that until we're down a few receivers and suddenly we're really fucked... I get the feeling once Cooper and Spruce are 100% Quick wont dress much, but I wont be shocked if he sticks around.

Bruce2980

Starter
Great list of non, and or, under performers on game days. Quick has no value for trade! Mannion is cheaper to keep than Keenum as excellently noted above. I would also like to see Joyner as a safety, he is a good tackler and hard hitter, not worth a dam in man to man on the outside though. As far as Simms is concerned, not sure.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
Sims is so underappreciated here.
One of our better and reliable run stopping DE.

When Quinn went down last year and Sims stepped up, the production of the D-line never decreased.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Sims is so underappreciated here.
One of our better and reliable run stopping DE.

When Quinn went down last year and Sims stepped up, the production of the D-line never decreased.

Sorry, there is just no evidence of that. While Sims had a few good plays, his stats don't back up your claimed production. Quinn had 5 sacks and 3 Forced fumbles with only 349 snaps in 7 1/2 games. Sims, with 592 snaps in 13 games and starting 8 of them, had 1 1/2 sacks, 1 FF & 1 Int. Quinn graded as the # 21 Edge Rusher last season out of 110 ... Sims graded out at # 103 of 110. Even the now departed Quinton Coples graded better at # 62 last season. Westbrooks had 283 total snaps and graded far higher than Sims in both pass & run D.