Rams officially awarded compensatory picks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
You have me confused here how did it cost us compensation for Jenkins? We received a 3rd round pick for losing Jenkins we didn't lose anything other than a good corner.
We lost that pick in the trade

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We lost that pick in the trade
Which means nothing honestly. We let Janoris go the pick is irrelevant to him leaving. You're piling on something irrelevant to the trade to continue voicing your displeasure of the trade. Trading for Goff didn't cost us Jenkins. If we had kept Goff we'd have lost our own 3rd rounder and gotten the Titans 6th round pick. IMO in this instance the trade was better because of the comp pick.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Having a 3rd round pick come back doesn't make up for losing Jenkins but it puts the Rams in a better draft position than they were. It allows them to keep their 69th overall pick and trade the 100th overall pick instead.
Nothing makes up for Jenkins lost but anot extra third would help. We would have a 1st round pick and two third round picks if it wasn't for the Goff trade.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Which means nothing honestly. We let Janoris go the pick is irrelevant to him leaving. You're piling on something irrelevant to the trade to continue voicing your displeasure of the trade. Trading for Goff didn't cost us Jenkins. If we had kept Goff we'd have lost our own 3rd rounder and gotten the Titans 6th round pick. IMO in this instance the trade was better because of the comp pick.
OK losing a 3rd round pick means nothing. Let's just say we disagree on what the trade cost us.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Goff - I believe the kid has a good chance of turning things around and becoming the QB we hoped for when he was drafted. He took a pounding out there and kept getting up, he has heart. He's got the intangibles we wanted; quick release, arm strength and pocket presence (LOL i said pocket). I believe with the right coaching, decent protection, a solid run game and receivers who catch the ball, he'll progress nicely. Not looking for miracle next year (Warner) as we have too many needs BUT the year after? yeah, lets play some ball.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I think we qualified for a comp pick for fairley but got axed by the 32 comp pick threshold the league actually awards.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Nothing makes up for Jenkins lost but anot extra third would help. We would have a 1st round pick and two third round picks if it wasn't for the Goff trade.
.....and we'd still need a QB.

Goff is going to be the QB for the Rams for many years. He'll be more than fine.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The bottom line, to me is the Rams have 8 picks in the Draft, And If Snead/McVay/Phillips work some magic in the FA market not having a 1st round pick this year won't hurt us!!(y);):D:snicker::shades::popcorn:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With Ryan Kelly, Jason Spriggs, Mike Thomas (real one), and hell, I'd add Coleman or Isaac Seumalo....I think this is a different team. In fact, I'm sure of it.

Different, yes. Better, no.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
pocket presence (LOL i said pocket)

haha, zzzzing.

here's a look at the pockets goff was confronted with most of the time.

sexy-women-jeans-short-shorts-hot-pants-denim-hallow-low-waist-daisy-dukes-girls-f7a88886beca09a7e51d841880c9d591.jpg

can't fit anything in there, plenty of holes for large objects to make their way through. in other words not much space to work with.

now let's look at the pockets tom brady usually gets to work with.

18mgcoyypcodmjpg.jpg

huge pockets with plenty of space, solid so nothing gets through.

this should be the aim of the rams. to give goff these type of pockets.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we qualified for a comp pick for fairley but got axed by the 32 comp pick threshold the league actually awards.
That's exactly why we didn't get one for Fairley. They limit these to 32 and only the top 32 get them. Fairleys comp pick ranked after 32.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Still to early to assess the trade. QB's are cheaper to draft than get as FA's, with rookie contracts and good proven qb's generally not getting dangled in the FA market. Considering that this is a weak year for qb IMO how long should we wait to get a guy that can throw the ball with his best years in front of him.