Rams Final Roster (Defensive Line)?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
....Where is all this Fairley hate coming from LOL. Sounds like the Joyner overreactions from week 1.

You guys do realize it's preseason and he's been getting the veteran treatment as far as sitting out due to minor injury, right? The guy was disruptive when he was on the field the first two weeks but once again it's preseason so who gives a f.

What we do know is how disruptive he was when he was with the Lions, and he's in the best shape since he's been in the league. I'm sorry guys, but this is going to be just another laughable overreaction come midseason when he's one of the more disruptive, efficient players on the team.

Our other FA pickup, Akeem Ayers, has looked very good too, btw. Honestly he's looked a lot better than Ogletree as a run defender, but it's going to be interesting how G-Will uses him against the pass when it actually matters.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
....Where is all this Fairley hate coming from LOL. Sounds like the Joyner overreactions from week 1.

You guys do realize it's preseason and he's been getting the veteran treatment as far as sitting out due to minor injury, right? The guy was disruptive when he was on the field the first two weeks but once again it's preseason so who gives a f.

What we do know is how disruptive he was when he was with the Lions, and he's in the best shape since he's been in the league. I'm sorry guys, but this is going to be just another laughable overreaction come midseason when he's one of the more disruptive, efficient players on the team.

Our other FA pickup, Akeem Ayers, has looked very good too, btw. Honestly he's looked a lot better than Ogletree as a run defender, but it's going to be interesting how G-Will uses him against the pass when it actually matters.

The Fairley hate comes from the fact that he's a reckless drunk driver who is known for his cheap shots and laziness on the field and numerous off-the-field issues that make the rest of our team look like choirboys. And I don't care if it's preseason; if an undrafted rookie (LTP) and a second-year player (Westbrooks) are outperforming him when he has a one year prove-it contract and they have multi-year contracts, why should we cut the people who're producing in favor of a notoriously lazy veteran who might want to suit up when he feels like it?

In addition to that, another DUI will bring a suspension down on his head, and that means that we're down a defensive tackle if he's on the roster. Also, Westbrooks will likely be a defensive end on our roster next year when Hayes and Sims are both not extended.

I hate Fairley because he's the absolute epitome of what I hate in a football player. Lazy, cheap, and a piece of shit off the field. Why would I want Westbrooks or LTP cut in favor of him when they are working their asses off to make this team and are proving their worth on the field?

manmaderam

The one and only
Mad Scientist Idea:

The Browns just cut Phil Taylor, I would like to see him stacked on our Dline and trade Fairley away maybe?

jjab360

Legend
I'm done with this one lol. Coaching staff has clearly been holding Fairley back this preseason but if you guys can't see something so obvious I don't really know what else to say.

I guess Quinn and AD are edging into bust territory too, seeing as neither one of them has a sack yet. Heck, nobody has a sack yet on D, I guess we're going to be the worst pass rushing team in the NFL this year, eh?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm kind of confused where the Fairley negativity is coming from... Has Fairley even played in preseason to show any concern on the field?
No negativity...not from me...just seems like he's going real easy...so is C. Long...maybe JL55...but he's not even suiting up...hasn't really gone against the 1's too much...Maybe the injury concerns for Rams players has me a lil nervous....But he has played...

Sounds like the Joyner overreactions from week 1.
Still has me nervous...not as much as that Oakland game...but a lil nervous...I miss EJ Gaines...

@Memento easy bro...you really have a thing for drunk drivers...I kinda understand...I'd assume it's regarding something in your past...But do you believe if he was that bad, Fisher, not Snead but Fisher would bring him on this squad? Lazy guys don't lose 30 lbs in the middle of their careers...I'd heard he had the sleep apnea condition, probably messed with his energy & conditioning. Which led to injuries...
But with all this talent on the DL, if he was truly garbage, I know he'd be cut first.

Limey

Rookie
Given that we are stocked on DL this year and are likely to be short next year when we don't extend Simms and Hayes, getting a couple of the rooks onto IR for the year would be convenient.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Just got through watching the DL in the Colts game. I came away from that game very happy with the overall performance of both small youthful DT's Ethan Westbrooks [EW] & Louis Tricat-Pascat [LTP]! I do not have anything negative to say about them other than the small size issues. If both these DL'ers can pay attention to what Donald is doing & get a clue those three undersized DT's could be trouble:heh:.

As far as Fairley:notsure: I have seen nothing in 3 pre season games that would provide me any reason that he deserves to have a roster spot:censored:. I am looking forward & both Donald & Brockers are the starters but when we pay Brockers $$$ his 2nd big contract, I see no reason yet to dump a large sum of cap cash in Fairley in 2016 at this time. I would look to retain this two (LTP & EW) in 2016 myself & look in the 2016 draft for a nice size NT to back up Brockers!

Last edited: