Rams Chat With Jim Thomas: 3/31/15

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Some of those questions...:rolleyes: I love the one saying that LA cost of living is higher than San Francisco. Don't get me wrong, LA is top ten, but SF is top 3. NYC is #1 and those players are just fine.... Silly.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I like Jim's chats, silly questions and all...I am surprised Jim still seems hurt by some perceived slight or misinformation given to him...I wonder is it Stan, Demoff, or Jeff? He's seriously pissed....Does he know something about the move we don't? Still no major digging in Inglewood...My personal reading of 90-10 they stay in the Lou...
I like JT as well.
There does appear to be something more than the Bradford - Foles trade though. Seems like the trust between Snisher and JT isn't there. I believe that falls on Snisher. JT has never seemed like the guy whom spills secret info to look like a big shot. Quite the opposite imo.

Alan

Legend
I know that most everyone is thinking that Snisher lied too or deliberately masked their true intentions about what they planned. While that is probably true to some extent and is something that all FOs do, they could easily be telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth. They didn't plan on trading SB. They got offers they turned down. Out of the blue, they got an offer that blew them away. According to some (possibly JT) they should have said "hold on now, we can't strike now while the iron is hot and before they change their minds because we have to inform all the local sports writers that a possible trade involving SB is being contemplated." Information that they then are not allowed to talk about until the trade has been consummated.

I say this as someone who IS NOT a fan of Fisher.

Last edited:

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
Since when are football teams obligated to share their secrets with sports writers anyways ? I was completely unaware that this was the expectation. Seems more to me that sportswriters should appreciate anything they can get from team insiders rather than expect it and proceed to act butt hurt when they don't.
The whole thing seems a little ridiculous to me...just my $0.02

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Yes indeed. It should be a weekly segment where we send in our dumb questions to @LumberTubs and he replies with his acerbic style. I'll kick things off:

"Hey, LT - is it just me or does it look like Jeff Fisher has put on about 50 pounds? Fat coaches don't have much success in the NFL do they? Inquiring minds want to know."

He does look like he's put on some timber but I actually think he needs to step it up if he wants to reach Andy Reid/Mike Holmgren levels. Those guys are enormous and have, in Holmgren's case especially, had more success than Jeff.

Fisher has been concentrating on his stache but he's finally realising that his waistline is the key to success.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
2wn2wl5.jpg

LumberTubs

Name
Phil
I'm in.

LumberTubs, what are the chances of resigning Barksdale and moving him to center to compete with Barnes, Jones and Rahney?

Thanks for the kind words @Dodgersrf. I appreciate it.

I actually asked Joe about this but he just sat there staring blankly into space muttering something about having to play alongside Davin Joseph and that it wasn't his fault.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Thanks for the kind words @Dodgersrf. I appreciate it.

I actually asked Joe about this but he just sat there staring blankly into space muttering something about having to play alongside Davin Joseph and that it wasn't his fault.
Lmao. Seriously great answer.

Thanks for the hard work.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
@LumberTubs

What are the chances that we draft a linemen with every pick in the draft? We need to fill holes now, and drafting a bunch of linemen seems to be the only answer. Thank you.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Hey lumber tubs

I'm going to easter mass tomorrow. Having trouble deciding between the blue shirt and the white shirt. What do you think?

LumberTubs

Name
Phil
@LumberTubs

What are the chances that we draft a linemen with every pick in the draft? We need to fill holes now, and drafting a bunch of linemen seems to be the only answer. Thank you.

Eventually I expect the Rams to line up with 9 o lineman, a full back and running back. WRs and even the QB will become redundant in Fisher's hyper mega power running scheme as the centre will just snap it direct to the RB.

You can bet your ass that every pick is going on o lineman

LumberTubs

Name
Phil

Hey lumber tubs

I'm going to easter mass tomorrow. Having trouble deciding between the blue shirt and the white shirt. What do you think?

Why not have both blue and white? I've got you covered.

nike_rams_769.jpg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Eventually I expect the Rams to line up with 9 o lineman, a full back and running back. WRs and even the QB will become redundant in Fisher's hyper mega power running scheme as the centre will just snap it direct to the RB.

You can bet your ass that every pick is going on o lineman

Isn't that what Fisher used to do with Eddie George?