Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Posted unironically.

Incorrect.

The meaning of UNIRONIC is not ironic; especially : not using or given to irony : sincere. How to use unironic in a sentence.
So that means not used to denote a paradoxical, unexpected, or coincidental situation.

But the defense is a paradoxical, unexpected and coincidental situation.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Incorrect.

The meaning of UNIRONIC is not ironic; especially : not using or given to irony : sincere. How to use unironic in a sentence.
So that means not used to denote a paradoxical, unexpected, or coincidental situation.

The paradox is that these were the players he was given to build a defense with and very likely the best options on the roster at this point.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Incorrect.

lesson decides GIF

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Sando ignores that this defense didn't improve until Pleasant got here. Sando ignores that this was a #1 defense that Raheem dropped into the toilet to #19 in two years. Then Pleasant arrives and the flushing stops and Morris takes the undeserved bows.

As Ram fans who have watched this team closely who knows better? A guy who looks at it superficially and counts beans and declares wow look at this. Not really asking himself what has changed. Sando isn't doing his job.

I'm just a fan and I predicted this before the season started.
They earned that #1 ranking thanks to playing the #21 offense twice, #23, #25, #26, #27, #31 and #32. That's 7 of 16 games (44%). But that #1 defense was on it's way towards the toilet long before Morris took over. That #1 D allowed SF (364 yards) to drive for FGs on their last 2 possessions with Nick Mullens at QB to win. Followed that up with a 28 point effort vs Arizona but thankfully we won. They did recover to hold the Patriots and a washed up Cam Newton to 3 but allowed the WINLESS Jets to score 23, on the back of a 13 play TD drive that ate up 7:12 to start the game and a 12 play TD drive that ate up 6:30 to start the second half. I mentioned the Jets were winless but did I mention they were the #32 offense in yards AND points? A TRUE #1 defense doesn't get owned by the #32 offense, twice in the same game. They allowed 14 second half points to Seattle the next week in a must win that we lost and recovered to hold Arizona to 7 after injuring Murray and facing the ever dangerous Chris Streveler. In the postseason they allowed 20 and 32 points and packed their golf clubs. That #1 defense? Staley was a "Flash in the Pan". A LB coach who coached waaaaay over his head for 1 season. Take a look at his defense's rankings with the Chargers. A defense that was top 10 the 3 years previous to his arrival has finished #23, #20 and this year they're #31. So he couldn't take the LAC D to vaunted heights because he didn't have Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey? That #1 defensive ranking in 2020 was a fluke. A fluke season that helped point the finger at Jared Goff and now Raheem Morris. Take a look at the Rams defensive rankings before and after that season......#19, #19, #13 and then #17, #19 and currently #13. And you want to blame Morris? What's that old saying, "one of these things is not like the others".

Last edited:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
They earned that #1 ranking thanks to playing the #21 offense twice, #23, #25, #26, #27, #31 and #32. That's 7 of 16 games (44%). But that #1 defense was on it's way towards the toilet long before Morris took over. That #1 D allowed SF (364 yards) to drive for FGs on their last 2 possessions with Nick Mullens at QB to win. Followed that up with a 28 point effort vs Arizona but thankfully we won. They did recover to hold the Patriots and a washed up Cam Newton to 3 but allowed the WINLESS Jets to score 23, on the back of a 13 play TD drive that ate up 7:12 to start the game and a 12 play TD drive that ate up 6:30 to start the second half. I mentioned the Jets were winless but did I mention they were the #32 offense in yards AND points? A TRUE #1 defense doesn't get owned by the #32 offense, twice in the same game. They allowed 14 second half points to Seattle the next week in a must win that we lost and recovered to hold Arizona to 7 after injuring Murray and facing the ever dangerous Chris Streveler. In the postseason they allowed 20 and 32 points and packed their golf clubs. That #1 defense? Staley was a "Flash in the Pan". A LB coach who coached waaaaay over his head for 1 season. Take a look at his defense's rankings with the Chargers. A defense that was top 10 the 3 years previous to his arrival has finished #23, #20 and this year they're #31. So he couldn't take the LAC D to vaunted heights because he didn't have Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey? That #1 defensive ranking in 2020 was a fluke. A fluke season that helped point the finger at Jared Goff and now Raheem Morris. Take a look at the Rams defensive rankings before and after that season......#19, #19, #13 and then #17, #19 and currently #13. And you want to blame Morris? What's that old saying, "one of these things is not like the others".
And.. the worst part, when talking about scheme stuff.. the Packers ran the same basic shit... over and over.. to create even lighter boxes and gash the Rams in run plays. 188 yards on the ground.. more than 400 total.

And.. look at Staley now. The Chargers have spent waaaaaay more money and draft capital on the defensive side of the ball.. and their defense is significantly worse than the Rams.

Weird how some posters don't notice stuff like that.

btw.. who knows with Staley... maybe focusing on D as a coordinator will help him.. or, maybe.. he was on the cutting edge of one scheme improvement and hasn't figured out the next move.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Every darn thread in here becomes a mess, what happened to this place
Same as what's happening everywhere. Conversations are becoming increasingly based on what we feel and not what's real. Which leads to no concessions or even a thought that "what I feel might be different than what's happening in front of me". Politics, music, movies are all having the same problem.

Tano

Legend
Same as what's happening everywhere. Conversations are becoming increasingly based on what we feel and not what's real. Which leads to no concessions or even a thought that "what I feel might be different than what's happening in front of me". Politics, music, movies are all having the same problem.
That's always been the case. However, I feel people are taking issues more with other people having different opinions and calling them down on it. That's what I don't like. I have no problems with other peoples opinion but don't imply that my statements are idiotic.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
All I can say is, Raheem Morris deserves some credit. The defense just does not have a lot of talent. Potential, yes. Right now though they have not reached that potential. Its a credit to Raheem that this defense is not giving up 30 or more points every game. I know its frustrating when they give up final possession TD's before the half. Or when they can't stop a mediocre offense in the 4th quarter. But what can you expect with the inexperience and lack of talent?