Que the lazy media name...Headset-gate

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Tomlin is furious about how the headsets weren't working and made comments that it always happens in New England.

Headset-gate? Radiogate? What will the lazy "gate" scandal be this time?

RamzFanz

Damnit
Tomlin is furious about how the headsets weren't working and made comments that it always happens in New England.

Ben...I want you to sgqwefgekruhkhrekvnejbhrkkjv, whatever you do, don't kejwfkqwhkbvfarbvbrbvg. Got it?

big_ben_jaw.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The headsets are working. Tomlin just doesn't understand how to use the headsets in the stadium. This article I found from a completely unbiased source (Boston reporter) refutes Tomlin's claim. *article only talks about Tomlin tripping a player on a kick-off last year* See, Tomlin is a cheater so he can't be trusted thus the Patriots did nothing wrong.
-Typical Patriot Homer

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Why am I not surprised that the headsets didn't work?

Funny...the NFL can get the headsets to work, mostly without issue, in stadiums around the country.

But in one of the flagship stadiums... nope.

You'd think they were trying to get the PA system to work in an abandoned school in Detroit instead of a state of the art communications system in a state of the art NFL facility...

None of that changes that the Pats were gonna win that game.

Reminds me of that exchange from "Cool Runnings"

"Hey Coach. I have to ask ya a question."

"Sure."

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to. I mean, I want you to, but if you can't, I understand."

"You wanna know why I cheated, right?"

"Yes I do."

"That's a fair question. It's quite simple really. I had to win. You see, Derice, I'd made winning my whole life and when you make winning your whole life, you have to keep on winning, no matter what. You understand that?"

"No I don't, Coach. You had two gold medals. You had it all."

"Derice, a gold medal is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it."

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

Signal-Gate.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signal_(electrical_engineering)

The New Commission is going to have to force a total change of management, coaching staff, support staff and ownershipe in New England to stop this. It's totally engrained in the culture there. This is beyond ridiculous. The NFL and NFL HQ have absolutely no credibility anymore.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Something doesn't add up for me. It makes no sense for this kind of stuff to be going on at this point in time.

Why would the Pats mess with the steelers comms knowing full well what the current atmosphere is in terms of them being under so much scrutiny? Some of the comments in that ESPN article specifically referred to away teams comms failures at Gillette stadium.

Plus Tomlin said their headsets were picking up Pats coaches talking to each other. Unless the Pats coaches were chatting about what they're going to do with their days off on Friday, why would the Pats deliberately allow the opposition to hear that?

I hate the Pats for a culture of cheating over the past 10+ years but this particular instance doesn't quite add up for me.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
No, @LumberTubs , what the Pitt sideline was getting was the Pats radio broadcast, not the New England coaches.

It wasn't super clear at first, but that's what it was...

LumberTubs

Name
Phil
No, @LumberTubs , what the Pitt sideline was getting was the Pats radio broadcast, not the New England coaches.

It wasn't super clear at first, but that's what it was...

Yep my mistake. Tomlin said that their own comms between their own coaches was replaced with the Pats radio broadcast through most of the first half.

Still doesn't make sense to me though in terms of the timing of this.

If you're faced with all these allegations surely you don't do something as blatant as this in the first game after the proverbial has hit the fan.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I think the Pats mistakenly think of them like stickers on an OSU helmet...

helmet-stickers.jpg

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Yep my mistake. Tomlin said that their own comms between their own coaches was replaced with the Pats radio broadcast through most of the first half.

If you're faced with all these allegations surely you don't do something as blatant as this in the first game after the proverbial has hit the fan.

Or, you are sure you will get away with it as you always have in the past (minus some hand slapping) so you are just so arrogant you keep doing what works for you.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Or, you are sure you will get away with it as you always have in the past (minus some hand slapping) so you are just so arrogant you keep doing what works for you.
I've heard one of Bellichicks mottos are "if it's not broke don't fix it" ;)

bigdog2834

UDFA
Name
Donnie
Something doesn't add up for me. It makes no sense for this kind of stuff to be going on at this point in time.

Why would the Pats mess with the steelers comms knowing full well what the current atmosphere is in terms of them being under so much scrutiny? Some of the comments in that ESPN article specifically referred to away teams comms failures at Gillette stadium.

Plus Tomlin said their headsets were picking up Pats coaches talking to each other. Unless the Pats coaches were chatting about what they're going to do with their days off on Friday, why would the Pats deliberately allow the opposition to hear that?

I hate the Pats for a culture of cheating over the past 10+ years but this particular instance doesn't quite add up for me.

It's called being a sociopath ;)

LumberTubs

Name
Phil

If this turns out to be the case then, like @Leuzer said, it's a ballsy move.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron

What others have pretty much said. If it ain't broke don't fix it. The NFL is too scared to do anything to them and they're the only ones who can. The other teams can only do so much before their hands are tied.

They know that they've got the NFL tied behind their back, and they also probably know that the shit wave is going to hit them soon, might as well get as much as they can before it hits because there's really no repercussion to it.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Of course they cheated, they can get away with it. If worse comes to worse they find a judge who they can party with who will overturn any punishment they get