Que the lazy media name...Headset-gate

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Signal-Gate.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signal_(electrical_engineering)

The New Commission is going to have to force a total change of management, coaching staff, support staff and ownershipe in New England to stop this. It's totally engrained in the culture there. This is beyond ridiculous. The NFL and NFL HQ have absolutely no credibility anymore.

That is because they were allowed to get away with it. Once you get away with it and it results in glory, which equals money, then you keep doing it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The one explanation that I read about why Belichick cheats is that he is a control freak and has to control every aspect possible to ensure the outcome of the game. Human error drives him insane............funny thing is a lot of coaches are a control freaks and they didn't cheat.

Now what is irritating is why doesn't the NFL do something about this? And why don't teams do it back to the Patriots, if the NFL wont do anything about it? Every team that plays them at home should jam just the Patriots signals. Give it right back.

Or the NFaiL should secretly put a guy on the opponents sideline for every game in Foxboro to listen in.

FRO

Legend
Something doesn't add up for me. It makes no sense for this kind of stuff to be going on at this point in time.

Why would the Pats mess with the steelers comms knowing full well what the current atmosphere is in terms of them being under so much scrutiny? Some of the comments in that ESPN article specifically referred to away teams comms failures at Gillette stadium.

Plus Tomlin said their headsets were picking up Pats coaches talking to each other. Unless the Pats coaches were chatting about what they're going to do with their days off on Friday, why would the Pats deliberately allow the opposition to hear that?

I hate the Pats for a culture of cheating over the past 10+ years but this particular instance doesn't quite add up for me.
Two plausible explanations, either they have been doing it for years and nobody has the balls to say anything so they keep doing it, or they have done it for years and with focused attention on them tbey do it now so it looks like the years and years of doing it was just years of technical glitches. The Patriots are cheaters and I give them no benefit of the doubt.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Two plausible explanations, either they have been doing it for years and nobody has the balls to say anything so they keep doing it, or they have done it for years and with focused attention on them tbey do it now so it looks like the years and years of doing it was just years of technical glitches. The Patriots are cheaters and I give them no benefit of the doubt.

I saw Bellichik's post game presser as well and he said that they'd also had issues with their headsets although he described a slightly different problem and didn't look convincing at all while he was saying it. This might point towards the second of your two options and an attempt to make everyone believe that there are technical issues at Gillette.

I have absolutely no doubt that that organisation is rotten from top to bottom and that the NFL has allowed it to become the norm there. I also believe that in the next 5 to 10 years after Brady has retired and Bellichik is gone, it will all come out. At least I hope so because it'll make for a great read if nothing else.

Maybe I've underestimated the sheer gall of the Pats when I've said that this didn't add up. If it turns out that they are this arrogant then I think I won't have been the only one to have underestimated them.

Athos

Legend
BellyFat is starting to sound like he was a real loser as a kid and could never win anything in an honest manner because he sucked at it.

Que "grownup BellyFat" getting the boot from the ShitBag Browns, his career in life support.

Comes to the Patsies, turns to cheating, and can finally say, "look at me daddy!! I'm winning! I'm really winning! Look at me go! Aren't I the bestest?!"

It's all about that inferiority complex he has. Was a loser as a kid. Now he's just a grown up loser man child that's a sociopath.

He's addicted to cheating. That's why he keeps doing it.

Cheat riots basically gave the NFL the middle finger because at this point, the NFL is BellyFats bitch.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Nows the absolute best time for them to cheat as well because people will be very wary of making accusations against them officially.

FRO

Legend
I saw Bellichik's post game presser as well and he said that they'd also had issues with their headsets although he described a slightly different problem and didn't look convincing at all while he was saying it. This might point towards the second of your two options and an attempt to make everyone believe that there are technical issues at Gillette.

I have absolutely no doubt that that organisation is rotten from top to bottom and that the NFL has allowed it to become the norm there. I also believe that in the next 5 to 10 years after Brady has retired and Bellichik is gone, it will all come out. At least I hope so because it'll make for a great read if nothing else.

Maybe I've underestimated the sheer gall of the Pats when I've said that this didn't add up. If it turns out that they are this arrogant then I think I won't have been the only one to have underestimated them.
Even the slightest accusation thrown towards them I believe. They have cheated so much and broken so many rules and what's worse is they have gotten away with it for the most part.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I love the NFL, I really do, but how much cheating can you watch before it becomes the WWE?

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
It's simple. They do it and will keep doing it because they get away with it. Until someone puts their foot down and punishes them severely they will keep doing it.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I'm sorry, and I know that I will probably get an earful for this, but it's getting a little ridiculous.

Excusegate: We lost, therefor...

I'm not a psts fan, or defender, I'm just tired of it. The whole offseason was summed up by deflategate, and it's looking like the regular season is going to more of the same. Is there going to be a scandal everytime they win? This isn't the first time another team has mentioned problems like this. And we all know teams have no issue pointing fingers, why hasn't the league investigated yet? They have time to investigate air pressure in footballs and whether or not crowd noise is authentic, but not lockeroom tapping and equipment tampering? I just want to get back to real football.

fearsomefour

Legend
Yep my mistake. Tomlin said that their own comms between their own coaches was replaced with the Pats radio broadcast through most of the first half.

Still doesn't make sense to me though in terms of the timing of this.

If you're faced with all these allegations surely you don't do something as blatant as this in the first game after the proverbial has hit the fan.
When have they really paid for anything they have done?
They lost some draft picks after cheating in the Superbowl. Ok. Strip the title away and you will see this nonsense stop.

fearsomefour

Legend
I'm sorry, and I know that I will probably get an earful for this, but it's getting a little ridiculous.

I'm not a psts fan, or defender, I'm just tired of it. The whole offseason was summed up by deflategate, and it's looking like the regular season is going to more of the same. Is there going to be a scandal everytime they win? This isn't the first time another team has mentioned problems like this. And we all know teams have no issue pointing fingers, why hasn't the league investigated yet? They have time to investigate air pressure in footballs and whether or not crowd noise is authentic, but not lockeroom tapping and equipment tampering? I just want to get back to real football.
With this I agree. New England is better than Pittsburgh, at least at this point in the season. It doesn't make much sense to openly cheat at this time. They may have been aware of a problem and made no effort to fix it.
Lets keep this "excuse-gate" thing in mind when we start getting the "refs hate the Rams" posts to the board.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
With this I agree. New England is better than Pittsburgh, at least at this point in the season. It doesn't make much sense to openly cheat at this time. They may have been aware of a problem and made no effort to fix it.
Lets keep this "excuse-gate" thing in mind when we start getting the "refs hate the Rams" posts to the board.
It's so true, I start getting red faced as soon as the first questionable flag is seen. But I don't believe that the refs ever openly cost us a game. There were some bad calls and no calls, but we held our own fate at the end of every game.

bskrilla

Starter
Ben...I want you to sgqwefgekruhkhrekvnejbhrkkjv, whatever you do, don't kejwfkqwhkbvfarbvbrbvg. Got it?

big_ben_jaw.jpg

mib_065vincentdonofrio.jpg
Sugar....Give me sugar...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...have-suspected-patriots-of-headset-tampering/

At least five teams have suspected Patriots of headset tampering
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 11, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwjhymfmmgy5mti5ntg4zdflzgq3ymziztk1mji2mzk4-e1441978681645.jpeg
AP

The term “Headsetgate” has just been coined and may not last, but the allegations that the Patriots tamper with visiting teams’ communications at Gillette Stadium are nothing new.

With the Steelers suggesting that something was afoul on Thursday night in New England, there are now at least five teams that have accused the Patriots of tampering with communications:

1. After the Jaguars lost to the Patriots in the playoffs following the 2005 season, then-Jacksonville coach Jack Del Rio said the headsets “mysteriously malfunctioned.”

2. In 2006, then-Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz suspected the Patriots of preventing him from communicating with his quarterback. As reported by Paul Zimmerman of Sports Illustrated, Martz had Detroit’s offense off to a good start until he lost the ability to call plays because the communications system went out. According to that report, it happened to the Lions twice, both times in the middle of drives when the Lions were picking up steam.

3. Bengals coach Marvin Lewis was quoted by Zimmerman as responding to Martz’s accusation by saying the same thing that happened to the Lions had happened to the Bengals as well: “Yeah, I know,” Lewis said. “Headset went out. It happened to me in Foxboro, too.”

4. Karlos Dansby said in an appearance on PFT Live this year that he suspected the Patriots of wrongdoing in 2008, when Dansby’s Cardinals visited New England and had trouble with their coach-to-helmet communications system.

5. The Steelers now become at least the fifth team making accusations, with the team saying that its coach-to-coach communications repeatedly faced interference from the Patriots’ radio broadcast, and that the interference would stop when a league official came to the sideline to deal with it, only to start up again when the league official walked away.

Unlike Spygate and Deflategate, these cheating accusations have not resulted in NFL discipline. But they’re part of a perception around the league that the Patriots win by skirting the rules.
---------
Prediction:

Pats fans – “Get over it, haters. You lost.”

Everyone one – “Cheaters.”
--------
It’s just gotten too obvious with this team, no other team has as many allegations against them like the Patriots.

These things could be happening around the league with multiple teams but it’s not.

Just the Patriots.
--------
But they’re part of a perception around the league that the Patriots win by skirting the rules.
==========================
*Spygate
*Deflategate
*Headsetgate (opposing team only)
*Stealing plays sheets
*Bugging locker rooms
*Refs in back pocket
*The Patriot Way
*All of the above
--------
Assuming the headsets opperate on an RF system (I don’t know that they do, but with the NFL’s resistance to technology i.e Goal line cameras) it would be pretty easy fr NE or anyone else to hire a guy to “overpower” the RF transmission of the headsets with noise or anything else they would like to force on those headsets. The idea that the headsets are operated by the league means nothing when it comes to disabling or tampering with the communication systems.

Not saying NE did anything wrong , but the idea is plausible.

Where there is smoke……

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave

It's not just that. It is the fact that not only have the Pats cheated over the years, but visiting teams have known over the years now that there have been many occasions where something messes up with the headsets. To the point where visiting teams started to expect it to happen. With how much the Patriots ownership, players, coaches, etc are trying to portray to us how they are not cheaters and the things they've done in the past didn't matter much, you would think that they would be doing what they could to make sure that things go smoothly. To include having employees make sure headsets are up to par. At the very least the first game of the season. But they've earned the reputation they have. Did they cheat last night? Probably not. But it is what it is until they can go a great length of time without something like this happening. Btw, the Steelers lost that game themselves. Two missed field goals, not scoring a td at the one with a first down, Heyward-Bey not getting his foot in bounds. Would have been nice if they executed and won.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
i am disgusted
Me Too!! But I'll take a little pleasure, in knowing, they have that "Super Bowl Winner Target" on their Back ALL Season!!
I personally hope for Brady and BillyCheat to get Beat into retirement this Year!!