Prisco & Kirwan’s Rams at Redskins Preview

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
NFL analysts Pete Prisco, Pat Kirwan and Brady Quinn break down the keys for the St. Louis Rams and Washington Redskins ahead of Sunday’s Week 2 showdown in Landover. They all see a long day for the Redskins with the pressure the Rams can bring.

Watch Rams-Redskins Preview

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
This is a game we should win if we're finally going to turn that corner.We have to beat the teams that were better than on the road.A letdown here would be very disappointing so the team needs to stay focused and take care of business.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
I saw this game on the schedule and it has screamed "trap" game to me since. It is going to be easy to look past this game at the games ahead and then get burned. Heck the fans are looking at last year and acting like this is a gimme it is tough not to think the team isn't also. Hopefully the coaches keep them focused and ready to play. Skins played Miami really tough they will bring it all against us....have no doubt they remember last year....

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I like the fact Brady Quinn talked up our D-Line, and that he said we have the best right side in the NFL, in Robert Quinn & Aaron Donald!
BUT please, Brady, get your facts straight, the right side is Brockers and Quinn, NOT Donald and Quinn!:LOL::D
But we do have the BEST D-Line in Football, and we're going to Kill the Redskins!(y)

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
This is now the most important game on the schedule. That's how they gotta approach it. They have to show they're ready to turn the corner by beating down a lesser team. Can't have any letdowns.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Everyone keeps saying we won't score points. Didn't we just put up 34 (31 in regulation) on one of the best D's in football? (ok 24 minus the punt return).

You would think against a lesser D we would be even better or get a little credit.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I like the fact Brady Quinn talked up our D-Line, and that he said we have the best right side in the NFL, in Robert Quinn & Aaron Donald!
BUT please, Brady, get your facts straight, the right side is Brockers and Quinn, NOT Donald and Quinn!:LOL::D
But we do have the BEST D-Line in Football, and we're going to Kill the Redskins!(y)
We switch it up. Sometimes Donald will be next to Quinn, sometimes he'll be next to Long. Same with Brockers.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
Everyone keeps saying we won't score points. Didn't we just put up 34 (31 in regulation) on one of the best D's in football? (ok 24 minus the punt return).

You would think against a lesser D we would be even better or get a little credit.
True. But maybe Seattle's D is not as good as they have been. Their O looks worse, maybe their D is too. The Rams need to dominate the skins in all 3 phases. I feel really positive about the Rams O after the Seattle victory. The Rams may just be the best team in the NFL this season.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I saw this game on the schedule and it has screamed "trap" game to me since. It is going to be easy to look past this game at the games ahead and then get burned. Heck the fans are looking at last year and acting like this is a gimme it is tough not to think the team isn't also. Hopefully the coaches keep them focused and ready to play. Skins played Miami really tough they will bring it all against us....have no doubt they remember last year....
We aren't good enough, nor is the season deep enough to have "trap games" yet......LOL.....But after this 10 game winning streak, we can address this topic again...LOL

Psycho_X

Legend

Redskins have good overall talent on defense and they played pretty good last week. That with it being a 3-4 which will be a new test for this young o-line has me slightly worried just because I need to still see this offense take care of business a few more weeks before I can start believing in it week in and week out... just been burned too much the last decade believing in them too early lol.

But like you said I don't think they are as good as Seattle is across the board. So in theory we should be able to put points on the board. And their offense... Kirk Cousins is a turnover machine when he's pressured and the Redskins offensive line is pretty bad. This should be a feast for the d-line again. Alfred Morris must be contained but if our defense plays disciplined football like we did for most of the game Sunday we should be ok there. I fully expect Morris to get some success like Lynch did on occasion. But overall there's no reason our defense shouldn't dominate this offense all day long. Especially now that their deep threat is out for a month with a hammy.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I think in the past, this would be a let down game. Not with this group. I see us pulling away and having at least a 10 point victory.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

And we would have scored more if not for the turnovers (Pead, I'm looking your way)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This is now the most important game on the schedule. That's how they gotta approach it. They have to show they're ready to turn the corner by beating down a lesser team. Can't have any letdowns.
Well we did shut the Redskins out 24-0 last year, in Washington. They're next, and I see no reason why we can't do it again this year!(y):D

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The big matchups IMO will be:

Kerrigan vs Robinson
Knighton vs Saffold & Barnes
Hatcher vs Havenstien
Skins DB's vs Foles

Williams vs. Quinn
Scherff vs. Long
Garcon vs. Jenkins
Reed vs. McDonald

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The key to this game is very simple: the Rams defense stopping the Skins running game. That's all they have really. Cousins can sling it, but the DL should be able to cave in his protections on most passing downs and barring him playing lights out in the face of grievous pressure that matchup favors the defense. If the Rams get them into third and long counts Foles is going to get the ball a lot.

And Foles should play well again. The Skins defense is nowhere near as dangerous as the Seahawks, he should have some time to put up some deep strikes and keep them from rolling up on the LOS.

This one has blowout victory for the Rams written all over it. Rams should manhandle them and yes in previous seasons this is a game they come out and tank in. So it's a big one for our young team to demonstrate they can come out and beat down a team they should beat down following a big victory over a rival. It's a focus/maturity game for this team in my estimation.

It's also a big game for Cigs. Skins are gonna be all over the Seattle tape so we get to find out if he's an OC who can anticipate the opponents' game plan and have his own strategy ready to go. If his offense comes out firing this game will be over early.

Big Willie

Starter
Trap game potential. By all accounts this is one we should win. Blockers needs to play like he did against the Seahawks. We need pressure from the DL and we need the D to create some turnovers. This should be a day for Janoris to shine with an Interception for a TD. No touches for Pead, and no turnovers. Our TEs are key as is incremental improvement from out OL. If we do those things , we will win.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
The Rams should win this one handily. But in the Fisher era most of his wins have not been big. I personally have to see this team take the turn we are all wanting before I say with conviction they'll win easily. Although they won 24-0 last year, I think it will be a hard fought game still for some reason. They had a packed house against Miami and I'm sure it'll be packed again. They need to take the crowd out of it early and stop the running game. I hope they're not overlooking this game.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
The Rams should win this one handily. But in the Fisher era most of his wins have not been big. I personally have to see this team take the turn we are all wanting before I say with conviction they'll win easily. Although they won 24-0 last year, I think it will be a hard fought game still for some reason. They had a packed house against Miami and I'm sure it'll be packed again. They need to take the crowd out of it early and stop the running game. I hope they're not overlooking this game.

Lot of that crowd was supposedly Dolphin fans.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...stadium-is--almost-a-home-game-001009773.html

It was unbelievable,” Ross said afterward, according to the Washington Post. “Wasn’t it amazing? I mean, you felt it was almost a home game. At least on our side of the ball, it was great seeing all the green there."

Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill reveled in the extra crowd love. “You know, I always enjoy playing on the road and when you have the kind of fan base that we did out there today, it makes it even more enjoyable," he said. "That had to be probably the best road showing that I’ve seen from our fans. They made an impact on the game. They were getting the Dolphins chant going throughout the game and making noise when we were on defense. And when you can do that in an away stadium, it’s huge."

Not trying to disrespect Skins fans here. Just stating what the Dolphins had to say about it.