Preseason Game 1 Fallout

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Everyone wants to trash Mannion. I'll get on board with the trashing when they give him the starting offense for a whole game and then he fucks it up.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Don't even remember seeing him, which I suppose says it all. But then again I wasn't really watching anything other than our OL play after the first half. It was just too ugly.

Obo will be fine though, IMO. And I say that based on the combination of his film in college vs top competition, flexibility (he can play more than rush OLB), and the fact he's missed time due to injury. Question is whether he'll be any sort of help this year, and from that perspective I suspect he's too far behind. Plus Ebukam looked pretty damn good, and I am feeling better about his prospects of holding down the blindside OLB spot.

Yeah i have to remember we had none of our starting DT in there. All backups so that's going to give our LB's the fits when that happens. I liked Hagar last night. He was always around the ball. I saw him shed a couple of blocks at the second level that was pretty impressive. Not to mention again it was against their #1's and our #2's. I want to see hows he's going to look with our starting DT's in there.

Psycho_X

Legend
No doubt. Ogletree is a crazy player, sometimes he can be so good, then be so bad. But re: that game, the kid QB for Cleveland looked damn good in his first game.

This QB class looked pretty good period tbh. And you have the Jets up tonight so will probably watch that one.

Yeah never understood how someone so athletic and fast as Tree can look so slow half the time. Oh well, Giants problem now.

Yeah the QBs look good. Mayfield lit it up which has to have Cleveland stoked for the first time in a long time. Josh Allen's has the most effortless looking passes I've ever seen. Never looks like he's giving it 100% but it flies in a perfect, extremely catchable line to his receivers. He got flustered at times so he'll have to calm down a bit but he throws a nice ball. Lamar Jackson looked like what some of us thought he was going to be. He'll sit behind Flacco for a year but he'll be a scary QB in the future. The NFL has really needed this. They have had a lot of great QBs/Hall of Fame QBs leave the game or are leaving the game lately. They needed an influx of star talent at QB and it seems to be happening every year since Goff/Wentz started it. Be interesting who is considered top tier in 5 years.

Rainram

Starter
I definitely like Kelly more than Davis.

I’m also wondering at this point if Noteboom shouldn’t play RG for the first two games.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Mannions pretty bad. He'd still be pretty bad with the starters... but maybe could maximize himself and be a game manager? I think that's like crazy best case scenario there. I don't think there's anything wrong with recognizing that. (Well, except it's not fun ;)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
sorry Ebu or whatever his damn name is lololol I always get those two confused.

Samson Ebukam? That's surprising. I just read something that said he looked really good rushing the passer.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Samson Ebukam? That's surprising. I just read something that said he looked really good rushing the passer.
I thought he looked pretty good, myself (Ebukam)

James Otto

Starter
I thought he looked pretty good, myself (Ebukam)

PFF referred to Ebukam, as "UNBLOCKABLE" against the Ravens:

Edge defender Samson Ebakum was a bright spot as he was nearly unblockable rushing the passer. His athleticism and quickness with his hands give him an array of moves to use on blockers

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Everyone wants to trash Mannion. I'll get on board with the trashing when they give him the starting offense for a whole game and then he fucks it up.
When will that happen, until it's too late in the regular season? C'mon man, he hasn't looked even competent in ANY game he has appeared in. He looks slow, lumbering with little situational awareness. He is an absolute liability for us it seems to me. Allen looked 10 times better last night and would rather roll with him if the worst happened to Goff.

jjab360

Legend
Mannion is a dud, let's just call it what it is. There is absolutely nothing impressive about him, from his below average arm strength, scattershot accuracy, to his awkward pocket presence.

Brandon Allen should be the backup.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah, surround him with much superior players and playmakers who catch the ball instead of players not able to get open or consistently drop the ball., and an OL who can pass block and open holes instead of getting pushed back into the QB's face.

How stupid of my idea to play him with the ones and think he might fare better.

You guys are all right. Never give Mannion a chance with ten of the best on the team because he sucks with inferior talent.

Excellent logic.

You will be the same people who will whine when Mannion goes to another team surrounded by a first team offensive line and credible playmakers and starts winning games. You'll say "why didn't he do that here? And I'll say "you never gave him chance, you always gave him shyt to work with".

Granted, Mannion didn't play very well yesterday. But then again, he's not played very much at all in four years and has always played in front of scrubs, and has never played a game with the 1st team.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, surround him with much superior players and playmakers who catch the ball instead of players not able to get open or consistently drop the ball.

How stupid of my idea to play him with the ones and think he might fare better.

You guys are all right. Never give Mannion a chance with ten of the best on the team because he sucks with inferior talent.

Excellent logic.
How much "superior talent" did Allen have? How long has Mannion been on this team, to look that bad?
Yes, it is excellent logic.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
If Mannion will look decent with the ones protecting him than Allen will look like Tom Brady. Doesnt make much sense to say " but he didn't have the starters", bc neither did Allen. Neither did RG3, or Jackson during some part of the game, yet all 3 of them moved the ball more than Mannion.

C'mon man!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just sayin , Give him some time with the fist team and let him fuck it up, I'll be right there with ya to run him out of town, He hasn't had that chance.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just sayin , Give him some time with the fist team and let him freak it up, I'll be right there with ya to run him out of town, He hasn't had that chance.

Goff is our starting QB. Why would we give Mannion time with the first team? How many other NFL backup QBs manage to look good with the second team (or even the third team)? Why can't Mannion?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How many NFL players gets yet another chance, especially in their 4th year, to perform on the field and fail? Awaiting the perfect opportunity to perform, rarely if ever happens.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would like to see more of Brandon Allen, liked him at Arkansas and he struck me as a QB that could move the chains and seems like the perfect backup. Backup QB's need to be able to be successful with things crashing around them, Mannion very stiff in the pocket and deliberate in his mechanics. In the past Mannion has looked decent in preseason, this game, not so much. So let's see what happens next week as I would think the first team offense might get either one quarter or a couple of series.