POLL:Who You Liking For New RAMS HC.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who Is your Choice For New Rams HC

• Total voters

Zero

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My top picks change daily almost lol. Right now it's Payton followed closely with shanny Jr with his dad tagging along. Tomorrow It will be back to McKay and patricia and maybe mcd.
I am pretty sure Peyton comes with a draft pick price tag.If that helps.lol

Rambo

UDFA
Gruden, but Im less for him than I was before. I read that the players dont really like him because he's never satisfied and gives up on and trades players very quickly.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
For me its between Shaw, Shanahan, and Peyton because even though Gruden is a splashy big name I think he is a bit overrated. Shanahan is the least experienced, but also the easiest to attain. I don't think Shaw is moving and with limited draft picks the price has to be right to pick up Peyton.

The choice may be Shanahan by default, but the Rams have given themselves plenty of time to swing for the fences before they make that call. If his dad can help him put together a good staff and maybe play some role in the front office it may pay off big time.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
No thank you on any college coaches. Peyton or Shanahan is my choice

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Payton out of these choices but what about tom Coughlin? Not saying I favor him over Payton or Gruden but he might be an option .

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
I think McDaniels gets it right 2nd time around. Fuck the universe. I want to do it the Patriot way. Sick and goddamn tired of L's. Yep. I'm Desperate.

Scirca

Rookie
Sean McVay, amazing 80 yards, awful final 20 yards(Terrible playcalling.. wildcat against the cowboys...)

Asshole Face, David Shaw (amazing, humble, intelligent coach) I could listen to him talk all day. His TEDx talk was really insightful.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
It seems that Shanahan is running away with it. My first choice would be Sean Peyton but the compensation required concerns me considering the Rams are already light on draft picks. Considering that--I'd go with Shanahan and give him a shot.

Out of those listed Mcdaniels may be my least favorite.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
I voted for Matt Patricia.

I do not think Shaw leaves Stanford, Gruden hasn't developed poop and turned that Tampa Bay Bucs team to poop with Demoff in the FO. Harbaugh is not leaving Michigan anytime soon. Sean McVay would be good unless he brings in a veteran staff. Shanny would be good with his dad in the front office roll between Snead and Demoff.

Patricia would be thrive because he knows defense. He runs a hybrid defensivr front. He has coached Tight Ends and O Line (two weaknesses of this team ) I also think you need to someone that is good at football operations at the top between Les and Kevin too of Patricia is at the helm.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I hate that we're in this situation...AGAIN.

But,

I want Jim Bob Cooter. B/c I could then say Jim Bob Cooter over and over.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Not knowing what type of OC/DC/SP-T coordinators and position coaches these candidates could assemble (bring to the table) is another key factor to contemplate. Getting these complementary support pieces correct, will be a key benefactor for the new HC to be successful.

We all know a new HC (no matter how good his resume is) can slip up and put together a lower pedigree of yes sir, puppet staff members that can handicap a team before it even gets started.

Do we assume that the better known rumored offensive candidates like a Shanahan-Gruden Peyton etc.. will be calling the plays on game days? Probably so.....

Who would utilize (have the best resources/Intel/connections) for pulling in top flight/pedigree or (under the radar) coordinators/assistants to fit their culture/vision?

Who would be the best at delegating coaching responsibilities/personnel matters/decisions so they don't burn out sooner than later?

Who would be the best leader of young rich professional athletes?

Most of us would have to agree that several intangibles make up a coaches pedigree and ability to lead and succeed.. Many people tend to brand former fired NFL HC's as failed retreads. I hear things like he's too young and will be in over his head.

He's only been a head coach in the college ranks. I think he's best as a coordinator and doesn't have the leadership qualities to lead an entire team and coaching staff.

I like many of the rumored candidates for different reasons and I have no clue for who the sure fire, best fit lock at this early stage in the search.

I like K.Shanahan. I like Gruden and Peyton and D.Shaw if they become realistic options. Nobody stands out head and shoulders as the best bet peoples champion..

Mr. Kroenke, please have the best resources with highest NFL IQ's on your search team. We loyal Rams fans need you to get this selection right.

So many intangibles, moving parts and required complementary pieces
involved for a HC to be his best.

addon.php

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The coordinator types are going to require the rockstar types to pass. With the news that Gruden will meet with the Rams, if that's true, he's gonna have to pass on the job along with Harbaugh, Shaw, etc for them to get to those hot OC types.

I'm ok with Gruden of course. But he does worry me with full personnel power; does he have an eye for talent on both sides of the ball and/or will he allow the opinions of the personnel dept to hold sway on guys outside those he feels strongly about?

Either way he is what we need. The dude knows offense.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I'm of course hoping for either Harbaugh, Peyton or Shaw. Assuming thats three are not possible I would take Kyle Shanahan. I would give up a 3rd for Peyton his resumé suggests you will reap the rewards.

I really really hope we stay away from Gruden, just think he's a blowhard and won't fix a thing. Too big for his own bridges is my gut feeling. Outside of striking lighting in a bottle with Gannon he's done jack squat

JMHO
I also don't want Boy Wonder McDaniel Again I'm just not sold on his resumé. I smell crash and burn. I don't buy this "changes his ways". I think its really hard to change the core values within. And only a small percentage of the population have the ability to make such change within themselves.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Nick Saban...defense wins championships...guy obviously knows talent...he can hire an offensive guy...

Zero

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nick Saban...defense wins championships...guy obviously knows talent...he can hire an offensive guy...
If he doesn't decide to walk away from the team before the season is over.
Respect your opinion,but how do you abandon your players like he did
without being a Me first kind of guy.I know he has won a lot of games since then.
he just reminds me of this kind of guy.lol

View: https://youtu.be/GuP9YClyPRY?t=1m25s

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
+ He's really great at working-up Game Plans/ Schemes!! He's my #1 right now.(y) "Subject to Change!!":D

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Kyle Shanahan has been raised & coached up in a ZBS ....very good chance the 2017 Ram team will need to release or trade most of our current OL'ers. That alone is a serious problem for this team roster.

Those fans desiring a quick turn around in our OL after a previous heavy investment in our massive size OL will have to wait much longer causing Goff many more bumps bruises & possible concussions.

I for one is hoping the new HC will run a dominant foundational PBS that will fits most of our current Ol under contract. I want this OL fixed & the issues that our offensive weapons have suffered through this off season. If they hire Kyle you have just reset this OL backwards a long time.

Last edited: