(Poll) Goff or Wentz. Who do YOU want?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which QB do you want?

• Jared Goff

• Carson Wentz

• Don't care. I'm just here to troll the board

Results are only viewable after voting.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
13_tombrady_250x375.jpg

;)
That's why he went in the 6th round.
cuz he's a bitch.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
4. No, actually, Goff threw 2 TDs to 5 Ints in that game against Utah.

That game was a little rough. Receivers dropping balls that shouldn't have been dropped and one actually bounced off one of the receivers and went straight into the defensive player's hands.. Not trying to defend Goff here, as he did have a bad game. Several poor decisions and some bad luck.

Watch all 5 of his interceptions here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOIniS4YV-s

Jared Goff's anti-highlights for the Wentz fans. Even though I am team Goff.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I would also take Goff and I expect the Rams will do so. Wentz is an outstanding prospect-- big, athletic, strong arm, excellent ability to master the play book and calls at the line-- but Goff is a better passer in terms of accuracy, footwork, release, and ability to move in the pocket to avoid pressure. Fisher commented a couple of months ago, before the Rams knew their strategy, that Goff has what you are looking for in an NFL quarterback. These are also known factors with Goff, and against the PAC-12, not extrapolations based on potential. If Mike Silver's reporting is accurate, Goff also blew the Rams away at a private workout.

With respect to Fisher supposedly preferring a more physical quarterback: We saw with Fisher's view of Bradford that he values accuracy very highly, maybe at the very top of the list. Goff is probably as accurate, but Bradford never had Goff's footwork, release, or pocket presence.

With all due respect Bradford throws a much, much better ball and it's not close. Bradford had his own issues, but Goff isn't NEAR the pure thrower that Bradford was or is. We can talk about umpteen other attributes, but Goff's just not in that discussion. Neither is Wentz as far as being a pure thrower, to be quite honest. Which is yet another reason to look at the complete picture for each player.

And yet another reminder of the maddeningly unfulfilled promise of Sam Bradford.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With all due respect Bradford throws a much, much better ball and it's not close. Bradford had his own issues, but Goff isn't NEAR the pure thrower that Bradford was or is. We can talk about umpteen other attributes, but Goff's just not in that discussion. Neither is Wentz as far as being a pure thrower, to be quite honest. Which is yet another reason to look at the complete picture for each player.

And yet another reminder of the maddeningly unfulfilled promise of Sam Bradford.
I need to correct you a little..The only time Bradford EVER threw a great ball in the NFL was when wearing a Red Jersey in Preseason

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
I was watching some game videos on YouTube of Wentz and here's my take.

*Wentz is a risk taker. He throws the ball with much velocity - almost too much on short passes.
*When standing in the pocket, every now and then Wentz will stop moving his feet.
*I also got the impression Wentz often under throws his receivers on deep routes.
*Wentz's physical capabilities, however, jump off the screen at you and I can see why analysts like Mayock are so high on him.

In short, I've made no groundbreaking observations as we all have heard Wentz is a project. I'm not in love with the idea of drafting Wentz after having watched his games. The thought of developing a quarterback doesn't scare me, but Wentz looks like he has a bit too many mistakes in his game for my taste. He is a smart guy though, and has a great work ethic, so his potential will be as high as he wants.

I'll take a look at Goff tomorrow. It's 3:40 AM here and I finally feel sleepy.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I guess it's one thing if 62% of ROD (including no less than some of our most highly regarded/knowledgeable members) want Wentz...after all, he did burst on the scene at the Seniof Bowl and killed the combine

So his his injury history (HS and College) means nothing (remember,we' re Rams fans) it's all about measurables and...hand size?

Can he play, does he have pocket awareness, quick release, perfect footwork...meh, forget about it

I really hope and pray Snisher doesn't get duped again and totally disregards regular seaon(S) achievements over the latest "Johnny come lately" media darling or I'm seriously going to blow a gasket

Okay, rant over ( for good)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Disagree.

But yes, it is frustrating seeing Bradford fail to reach his potential.

tiger1971

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tiger
Goff by far.

Wentz has bust potential. A no name until the senior bowl process. Had success in an already winning program. Bad completion percentage vs the blitz less accurate passer. Size and arm strength are what teams like.

Goff played vs top competition. Great pocket passer. Quick reads and decision making and great accuracy! Deep ball accuracy incredible. Took horrible program and lead them to a winning program. Never hurt in 3 years. QB IQ is elite.

I wasn't sure before as we don't get as much access to college games and coverage here in the UK but I think you have convinced me here. I also like the fact he is Californian, yes I know he is from the wrong end of the state, and I think the media and fans will lap that up big time.

Is this really the Rams I have followed for 30+ years?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Bradford finished last year very strong.

Highlights start at 2:40

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A question that I saw posted elsewhere and that I'd thought of also. What do you guys think Goff would look like if he was 2 years older and running the NDSU offense?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
A question that I saw posted elsewhere and that I'd thought of also. What do you guys think Goff would look like if he was 2 years older and running the NDSU offense?

I'm not sure because NDSU runs a very complex pro offense and the Quarterback has to make most of his plays under center so I have not seen enough of Goff under center to make that determination.

In the end I like both guys and they bring quite a bit to the table maybe the small hands aren't a big deal, but there has not been a QB with hands as small as Goff that has been an upper echelon QB, however, they did not measure hand size back in day.

I still back Wentz, but after watching NFL Network last night Goff vs. Wentz, who will the Rams pick? I have a better feel for Goff, however, Wentz is extremely bright not that Goff isn't, but Wentz gets an edge there too.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
don't go Bradford homer on me X! You were released from your Bradford defense contract at the PD YEARS ago!:fighting:
I never really was a Bradford homer, or Bradford's mom, or anything like that. I just had a problem (on the PD) with really, really bad analyses and really, really bad arguments. Bradford was just my platform to expose fools on that forum, and it was a great time while it lasted. What always got lost over there were the times that I critiqued Bradford (his hesitancy to take chances, his tendency to sail sidelines throws, and the 'footsteps' syndrome he developed). Instead people would zero in on my analysis of Bradford's skillset as a passer. Like @Mackeyser said, he's got top 5 talent as a passer. There aren't many QBs with his pinpoint accuracy and timing. The problem with all that is how it all breaks down for him when bullets start flying. He turns that awesome skillset into an escape mechanism by checking down before he gets trucked.

And sometimes I think he was ruined by Spags, Fisher, and their carousel of coordinators they brought in to "develop" him. "Don't take chances. Get rid of the ball in 2.3 seconds. Get the ball to the receivers. 3 step drops and throw. No, 7 step drops and throw. No, 5 steps. No, go back to 3 steps." And worst of all was when I'd illustrate how surrounding talent is kind of important to a QB's success. People lost their shit if I suggested that the Rams never really made a concerted effort to get top tier talent around him. Ultimately that would devolve into sound-bytes of idiots saying, "Yeah, Bradford can't win without a team full of Pro-Bowlers." or "Brady doesn't need top talent." or "He doesn't elevate anyone" as if anyone could turn Gibson, Salas, Gilyard, Robinson, Amendola, Pettis, and Sims-Walker into game-changers.

People would read all that and just zero in on the words Bradford and Talent and call me a mom. lol. Miss that place sometimes.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I never really was a Bradford homer, or Bradford's mom, or anything like that. I just had a problem (on the PD) with really, really bad analyses and really, really bad arguments. Bradford was just my platform to expose fools on that forum, and it was a great time while it lasted. What always got lost over there were the times that I critiqued Bradford (his hesitancy to take chances, his tendency to sail sidelines throws, and the 'footsteps' syndrome he developed). Instead people would zero in on my analysis of Bradford's skillset as a passer. Like @Mackeyser said, he's got top 5 talent as a passer. There aren't many QBs with his pinpoint accuracy and timing. The problem with all that is how it all breaks down for him when bullets start flying. He turns that awesome skillset into an escape mechanism by checking down before he gets trucked.

And sometimes I think he was ruined by Spags, Fisher, and their carousel of coordinators they brought in to "develop" him. "Don't take chances. Get rid of the ball in 2.3 seconds. Get the ball to the receivers. 3 step drops and throw. No, 7 step drops and throw. No, 5 steps. No, go back to 3 steps." And worst of all was when I'd illustrate how surrounding talent is kind of important to a QB's success. People lost their crap if I suggested that the Rams never really made a concerted effort to get top tier talent around him. Ultimately that would devolved into sound-bytes of idiots saying, "Yeah, Bradford can't win without a team full of Pro-Bowlers." or "Brady doesn't need top talent." or "He doesn't elevate anyone" as if anyone could turn Gibson, Salas, Gilyard, Robinson, Amendola, Pettis, and Sims-Walker into game-changers.

People would read all that and just zero in on the words Bradford and Talent and call me a mom. lol. Miss that place sometimes.
raw