Pick a 2016 QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who do you want as the Rams 2016 starting QB?

• Nick Foles

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Case Keenum

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Sean Mannion

Votes: 23 18.1%
  • 1st Round Rookie (Connor Cook?)

Votes: 52 40.9%
  • 2nd Round Rookie (Jacoby Brissett? Cardale Jones? Christian Hackenberg?)

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Sam Bradford

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Robert Griffin

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Colin Kaepernick

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Trade (Geno Smith? EJ Manuel?)

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Other (Please Note)

Votes: 18 14.2%

• Total voters

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I'd have no problem if a top-ten QB pick turned out to be Carr. Plus, 2017's QB class doesn't look much better... every QB available has warts. If our best option is spending a top-5 pick on Jared Goff, then he's worth a top-5 pick, IMO. Mostly because I don't see a lot of worthwhile alternatives now or in the relatively near future.
That is the problem I'm having with finding the answer for the rams QB situation, I don't see the answer anywhere.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
That is the problem I'm having with finding the answer for the rams QB situation, I don't see the answer anywhere.
Who was your pick in the poll?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Ha actually I haven't picked one...
Anyone resonating with you at the moment? Anyone even worth a short-term flier? I know there's not a lot to choose from...

FRO

Legend
Peyton has nothing left. He has to retire...unless he's cool with being the backup QB mentor...and I don't see that happening.
I don't see it happening either, but the guy is a football lifer so you never know. I would love to have him as OC under Gase.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I gotta disagree, and maybe im wrong, but I just don't see any of these guys as franchise changers. None of these guys are as good or as much upside as Winston or Mariota. They look like average guys at best to me, the rams need better than average they need a franchise QB.

Winston and Mariota went #1 and #2 overall. If there was a guy that good, we wouldn't get him. So the point is moot.

But there are at least 3 legitimate first round QB prospects.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Winston and Mariota went #1 and #2 overall. If there was a guy that good, we wouldn't get him. So the point is moot.

But there are at least 3 legitimate first round QB prospects.
Just because they would a be a first rounder in a weak class doesn't necessarily make them good. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not hopeful that the rams can get a guy to turn this franchise around.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Anyone resonating with you at the moment? Anyone even worth a short-term flier? I know there's not a lot to choose from...
I guess at this point hope that Mannion is the real deal?...

nighttrain

Legend
I guess at this point hope that Mannion is the real deal?...
We have nothing lose by letting Mannion play QB the rest of the way , just call roll outs and short passes over the middle, occasional long pass
train

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I've gone for Mannion as our starter for next year - I think he has the tools and I have confidence in his ability and potential,let him ride a few games to the end of the season to see what he has now, and build around him in next year's draft - LT / WR? in 1 and 2? We could draft Jack Conklin in 1 and move GRob inside - this should bolster our o-line nicely and I think we can probably pick up WR Tyler Boyd early in the second and potentially TE Hunter Henry later on in the second, this would totally change our offence (for the better) IMO

BUT... it all depends on our HC, whoever they'll be ;)

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
6 people voted for Nick Foles?

Identify yourselves and I will fart in your general direction.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
if you dont have a franchise QB you've got to draft one if at all you can.

Have we got one in Mannion? Who knows. He needs to get a shot before we can see I guess but that shouldn't stop us drafting a top talent if we can make it happen. Jameis Winston is turning the Bucs around because hes a superstar talent at the position. We need that.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
6 people voted for Nick Foles?

Identify yourselves and I will fart in your general direction.
I wasn't one, but I could see logic behind the vote, especially considering they may well have come before this last game - if Foles had come in and lit it up this past Sunday, showing that he could potentially be "the guy" for the next two years, that would be the best possible outcome. I can see hoping that someone on our roster shows that he's a top-half NFL QB as the ideal solution. And I can totally get behind @tahoe pulling for Mannion to show he's the real deal for the same reason (although I still think he needs at least this full season of tutelage and practicing with the scout team against NFL players to get ready to throw regularly into live games).

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't see it happening either, but the guy is a football lifer so you never know. I would love to have him as OC under Gase.

I'd be all for bringing him to this staff. His experience and knowledge of the passing game alone would make him a significant addition. I don't know if he plans on going into coaching, but the dude has future OC at the very least written all over him; he needs to cut his teeth as a QB coach first of course but it won't take him long to get hired as an OC if he wants it.

nighttrain

Legend
I wasn't one, but I could see logic behind the vote, especially considering they may well have come before this last game - if Foles had come in and lit it up this past Sunday, showing that he could potentially be "the guy" for the next two years, that would be the best possible outcome. I can see hoping that someone on our roster shows that he's a top-half NFL QB as the ideal solution. And I can totally get behind @tahoe pulling for Mannion to show he's the real deal for the same reason (although I still think he needs at least this full season of tutelage and practicing with the scout team against NFL players to get ready to throw regularly into live games).
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. it is possible to change your vote
train

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just because they would a be a first rounder in a weak class doesn't necessarily make them good. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not hopeful that the rams can get a guy to turn this franchise around.

There are at least 3 good QB prospects.