Pick a 2016 QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who do you want as the Rams 2016 starting QB?

• Nick Foles

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Case Keenum

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Sean Mannion

Votes: 23 18.1%
  • 1st Round Rookie (Connor Cook?)

Votes: 52 40.9%
  • 2nd Round Rookie (Jacoby Brissett? Cardale Jones? Christian Hackenberg?)

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Sam Bradford

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Robert Griffin

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Colin Kaepernick

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Trade (Geno Smith? EJ Manuel?)

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Other (Please Note)

Votes: 18 14.2%

• Total voters

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@jrry32 if you include the 19 fumbles and 850+ yds lost on sacks coupled with the bad decisions and poor throws when he has abandoned the system he is a major concern in the management department.
. I agree that there is plenty to work with just not in a Ram Uni

I don't. Because every QB fumbles and gets sacked. Unless he was losing fumbles at some absurdly high rate. He offers more than the current QBs we're playing.

nighttrain

Legend
This is definitely a good year to go after a guy. There are 3-4 QBs worth looking at in Round 1. But neither Prescott nor Cardale are on that list. Both are mid round prospects.
Thanks, wasn't sure about QB in this draft, will defiantly watch senior bowl
train

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Whatever it is they do they need to think about drafting a franchise guy. Just because Bradford didn't work out doesn't mean you can't try again. Team Success is always directly tied to the success of the quarterback.

How many Superbowl winners have used a recycled veteran to lead their team? Maybe back with the Ravens and Bucs. Those are exceptions and how much success have they had after the win? Most superbowl winners have quarterbacks they drafted. Some came with high expectations, some didn't. But they were drafted because the team thought they had something.

If they never thought Mannion could be that guy then it was a wasted pick. Coulda drafted some depth somewhere. But if they think Mannion could be that guy he shoulda been the one carrying the clipboard on game day.

Doesn't matter where you draft him. If a guy grades out to be a possible franchise quarterback you gotta take a chance on him. Trading or signing a guy that has played but showed very little ain't gonna get you far. I don't blame them for giving Foles a try, He had that one year where he looked like he could be special. But its clear he's not. So they need to address that.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Jared Goff
Paxton Lynch

I will always include these 2, because if one falls...Snead isn't afraid to pull the trigger and trade up.
Taking our situation into account these are the only 2 I would take in the first round. I know others will go in the first but I wouldn't use the resources in our situation. Goff's deep ball is pretty as it gets and Lynch is a big armed gamer with a tendency to run a little early. Lynch's college career reminds me of another QB I won't mention.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Tough one. Not ready yet. We need to be better at that position, though, been saying it since game one.

Haven't evaluated Lynch. Goff has performed with a crappy OL, which earns him some cred, in my book.

Mannion, deserves a looksee.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I was thinking, if we hired Gase for HC, I wouldn't be surprised to see him bring in Peyton Manning if he's healthy while they develop a premium pick QB for the year. Obviously depends on his health and if he can still play though, but they worked well together before Gase left. Not sure if I'd like it or not, but that's a possibility with Gase.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was thinking, if we hired Gase for HC, I wouldn't be surprised to see him bring in Peyton Manning if he's healthy while they develop a premium pick QB for the year. Obviously depends on his health and if he can still play though, but they worked well together before Gase left. Not sure if I'd like it or not, but that's a possibility with Gase.

Peyton has nothing left. He has to retire...unless he's cool with being the backup QB mentor...and I don't see that happening.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Peyton has nothing left. He has to retire...unless he's cool with being the backup QB mentor...and I don't see that happening.

He still wants to play, and if you assume his play was because of his injuries, maybe he has something left. I don't know, throwing out possibilities.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
...I may have been premature with the whole "we won't be in a position to draft Goff" thing...

fancents86

Starter
Goff, Tebow, Mannion

Actually, is Glennon gonna be available? I'd take him over Goff due to experience.

Last edited:

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Goff, Tebow, Mannion

Actually, is Glennon gonna be available? I'd take him over Goff due to experience.
Please no Tebow. Please. Guy hasn't thrown an NFL pass in 3 years and just split up with a former Miss Universe because he wouldn't fuck her. Just say "No" - it's the Tebow way.

fancents86

Starter
Please no Tebow. Please. Guy hasn't thrown an NFL pass in 3 years and just split up with a former Miss Universe because he wouldn't freak her. Just say "No" - it's the Tebow way.

Last time I checked he was with the Eagles this last preseason, and looked a hell of a lot better than previous years. Have a few Eagls fans as friends and try hated the pick up, but ended up not liking that they dropped him after preseason.

I actually think he would do well in our scheme. I always see plays where Austin and Gurley are right next to Foles. Those plays would work great with a guy like Tebow.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Last time I checked he was with the Eagles this last preseason, and looked a hell of a lot better than previous years. Have a few Eagls fans as friends and try hated the pick up, but ended up not liking that they dropped him after preseason.

I actually think he would do well in our scheme. I always see plays where Austin and Gurley are right next to Foles. Those plays would work great with a guy like Tebow.
The guy looked decent playing against 3rd-stringers in the preseason. He hasn't thrown a regular-season pass since 2012. In an NFL where the lack of QB talent is so well-documented, the fact that nobody's kept him on a roster should be telling. I don't understand how people still will beat the drum for someone to bring him in as a quarterback.

If you want an option quarterback, there's plenty coming out of the NCAA every year with just as much talent as Tebow. They usually don't get NFL jobs, either. Nor are they as polarizing a figure.

Edit: I'm also put off by the fact that he would let a woman he thinks is a "goddess" walk away from him because he's not willing to sleep with her. That bothers me deeply on a personal level. That's just... so wrong.

FRO

Legend
@jrry32 if you include the 19 fumbles and 850+ yds lost on sacks coupled with the bad decisions and poor throws when he has abandoned the system he is a major concern in the management department.
. I agree that there is plenty to work with just not in a Ram Uni
Yeah I don't want Kaepernick. Would rather have RGIII over him. Not saying I want RGIII though.

fancents86

Starter
Will have to agree to disagree brother. I believe Tebow would be a better back up than our starter/starters this season.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
This is definitely a good year to go after a guy. There are 3-4 QBs worth looking at in Round 1. But neither Prescott nor Cardale are on that list. Both are mid round prospects.
I gotta disagree, and maybe im wrong, but I just don't see any of these guys as franchise changers. None of these guys are as good or as much upside as Winston or Mariota. They look like average guys at best to me, the rams need better than average they need a franchise QB.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I gotta disagree, and maybe im wrong, but I just don't see any of these guys as franchise changers. None of these guys are as good or as much upside as Winston or Mariota. They look like average guys at best to me, the rams need better than average they need a franchise QB.
Are any of them as good as Carr or Bridgewater coming out of college? I'd take that.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I think we should go get Joshua Dobbs, because he's got Peyton Manning's winning forehead:

joshuadobbs.jpeg

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Are any of them as good as Carr or Bridgewater coming out of college? I'd take that.
I don't know, but those guys didn't go in the top ten. To me these guys have too many questions to take that high, too much of a risk.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I don't know, but those guys didn't go in the top ten. To me these guys have too many questions to take that high, too much of a risk.
I'd have no problem if a top-ten QB pick turned out to be Carr. Plus, 2017's QB class doesn't look much better... every QB available has warts. If our best option is spending a top-5 pick on Jared Goff, then he's worth a top-5 pick, IMO. Mostly because I don't see a lot of worthwhile alternatives now or in the relatively near future.