“Our $6 billion stadium” the story.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You have no idea how other owners view him. You're guessing.

He didn't need a new stadium to make millions upon millions. He could have stayed in SD. The only reason he left is that he is a greedy POS and wanted MORE millions. So he went to LA. He's never had to "make it on his own" because he inherited an NFL franchise. What do you even mean by that statement?

You seem to have a hard-on for Spanos. I don't get it other than you feel like he is trespassing in "your" stadium.

It's strange to me how many posters are angry that another team is playing in the same stadium as the Rams. It has ZERO effect on anything but some peoples hurt feelings.

So..........IMO I think a Rams fan calling another team "shitty" in light of the last two decades is peculiar. Look at the last 25 years. Which was the shitty team?

i'm guessing? ok. my guess is more likely than yours though.

he's a second class owner and everyone knows it. couldn't get shit done so the nfl had to work something out for him with a real owner. i don't know why that fact upsets you.

good ole 15% dean "leech" spanos.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Thats not up to the league office. It's up to the fans in LA. No fan should give a crap who owns the stadium. Fans just want it to look like their house on game day.
The fans don’t set the schedule, do they?

you’re not grasping what I’m saying. The Rams will get priority on anything the league schedules in that stadium. Including First game and prime time games.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut

you’re not grasping what I’m saying. The Rams will get priority on anything the league schedules in that stadium. Including First game and prime time games.
You're the one not grasping what you wrote and I quoted-

Kroenke will have all the leverage in the league office to dominate stadium activity. He will ensure that the Chargers remain 2nd fiddle in LA. The only question that remains is whether Spanos stays.

So how do you make the leap to scheduling, much less priority in scheduling out of that or the rest of your post? :bueller::bueller:

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Scheduling is not set by stadium ownership Max, it's set by the CBA.

Sorry you are wrong here.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
It’s set by the league office, watch what happens.
So the people in LA will always be subjected to a 2:00 am Tuesday candlelight B&W Chargers game broadcast by Chris Collinsworth?:giggle: Can't imagine the league wanting to ruin a revenue stream. Perhaps buying Spanos out is an option. Doubt the owners would buy him out or offer him a deal like the ABA teams that didn't join the NBA received. Of course Kroenke could always write a check.

Last edited:

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The schedule is set by a predetermined formula. That according to NFL is totally fair and unbiased . And if you dont believe them just ask the Patriots.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
The schedule is set by a predetermined formula. That according to NFL is totally fair and unbiased . And if you dont believe them just ask the Patriots.

guess I’m not being clear.

of course the teams the Rams play are all predetermined except for 2 NFC opponents which are based on division ranking. I presumed everyone here knew that. But the ORDER in which they play them and on what day and time is determined by the league office.

Hope that explains my argument.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
freeloader

Explain how he is a freeloader.

He has a lease LOL.

Kroenke didn’t get where he is by letting people step on him. It’s only a matter of time before he crushes Spanos.

How is he going to "crush" Spanos. They have a lease and a binding contract.

And as it appears Spanos got the better of Kroenke.

I'm amused by the dislike of Spanos because the Chargers are a tenents in the stadium. Some of you guys are acting like YOU built it and were forced to do this deal.

There are plenty of reasons to dislike Spanos.

And if you don't like this deal blame the NFL because they were the ones who pushed it and OK'd it. This was neither Kroenke's preference nor Spanos' preference.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
guess I’m not being clear.

of course the teams the Rams play are all predetermined except for 2 NFC opponents which are based on division ranking. I presumed everyone here knew that. But the ORDER in which they play them and on what day and time is determined by the league office.

Hope that explains my argument.
Easy. I am in agreement with you.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Explain how he is a freeloader.

He has a lease LOL.

How is he going to "crush" Spanos. They have a lease and a binding contract.

And as it appears Spanos got the better of Kroenke.

I'm amused by the dislike of Spanos because the Chargers are a tenents in the stadium. Some of you guys are acting like YOU built it and were forced to do this deal.

There are plenty of reasons to dislike Spanos.

And if you don't like this deal blame the NFL because they were the ones who pushed it and OK'd it. This was neither Kroenke's preference nor Spanos' preference.

didnt you argue that Kroenke wouldn’t get approval to move to LA 4 years ago?

Howd that one go?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
didnt you argue that Kroenke wouldn’t get approval to move to LA 4 years ago?

Howd that one go?

And he's currently being sued for it.

My feelings about him not getting approval wee based on the Rams not meeting relocation criteria by a long shot.

And a judge or two have agreed to that.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I have nothing to add, except that i find it fascinating that we have a handful of posters that have been consistently, and clearly far more passionate and knowledgeable about stadium/owner/city issues then they are about the actual football being played on the field here.
giphy.webp

Resume thread.....