Official Vent Thread: Steelers at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

…..

Legend
I really dont have the energy to vent. This team, for whatever reason, saps the energy from me. I havent even seen the game, just followed along on Yahoo while working today, yet still the drain of rooting for the Rams is affecting me.

One thing that bothers me, looking bad in a loss away from home is one thing. But looking bad at home? Cant score a TD agaisnt a pedestrian defense in our own front yard? OMGawd!!! I guess thats a vent.

Another thing.....we are supposed to have vast experience in the coaching ranks, and I truly believe our coaching is an asset and not a liability, yet this team rarely appears ready. What exactly does this mean??? I dont know, its frustrating.

fancents86

Starter
I really don't know if he is or isn't. All you have to go by is feedback from players and trends. The feedback is always positive about Fisher, but there's no trend outside of having a better defense than a few years ago. But by how much? I mean, the defense was trending up under Spags for a while before 2011 jacked him all up. I'd like to think that he's a good motivator and has a plan that requires specific detail, but I really don't know. All I can do is wait and see just like everyone else.
I hear ya. I look at it from a discipline point of view. The team is still making amateur mistakes at critical times. The penalties have come down a lot, but they also killed us this game when we had the game on the line. Also coming out flat in certain games and pumped for others.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
A team built upon a run first run philosophy had better to be able to do so, regardless of the game plan.
I understand what you are saying, but that is not going to happen, if you can't adjust to the defense. We are not good enough, yet, to be able to do, what the other teams knows we are going to do. I believe that we will get there. This line is getting better, and they will benefit from a year of a professional weight program, and the experience they are getting on the field.

I apologize for being positive in a vent thread.

I'm mad we lost too, but for a different reason.

Last edited:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
This loss does not bother me in the slightest. I knew this was a loss. I seen all I needed to see last week to know this is the same old Rams. We will win a few more games this year that we probably shouldn't win and everyone will get excited. Last week proved to me our HC is not taking this team any further and this week just further solidified it.

I still think there is enough talent for this team to be a playoff team there is just not enough talent at HC.

The fact that I am at this point really stinks. I love this team but I am sick of this mediocrity. I guess the good news is I won't be pissed on Sunday's anymore. Time to get ready for the draft and hopefully a new coach.

Worst is this website is so awesome! Almost too nice for this team lol

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
The worst thing about todays game is that I had a pizza delivered from Domino's and it took almost an hour to get here. Then it was not fully cooked and the soda seemed a little flat. I'm still a little bit pissed off about it.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
-Awful game. Again. This team SHOULD HAVE been sitting at 3-0 right now. Big Ben goes down, the DEF holds them to just 12 points and you can't score more than 6 fucking points??? I bet there are college teams that could have scored a TD in this game.

-We SHOULD be what the Cardinals are right now. But Fisher is no Arians. Players aren't held accountable and Fisher is stuck in the 90's with his approach to the game.

-The game was delayed by about 20 minutes due to the turf issue, but the game finished before a lot of other games that started on time. Not sure what that means exactly, but thru 3 games it really does seem like the team is up against the clock, A LOT.

-Can we please mix up the run game a bit? The BS 1st and 10- run off tackle/or up the middle EVERY SINGLE TIME is getting kinda old.

-Crackhead Cook needs to go... a total NON-FACTOR out there. Built like an elite TE, but he's a clueless fuck-up who got on Fisher's good side and got paid. Good on you, bro. ANOTHER Cort FInnegan.

- Britt had his 1 good game for the year, way to go, buddy.

Fire Fisher and let Williams take over. We need to inject some life into the team. Sick of Fisher's monotone ass keeping everything even keeled. Your team is sucking balls, bro... time to light some fires under some asses and act like you give a shit. You HAVENT won jack shit, so you don't get the luxury of sitting back and letting the players figure it out or acting like you been there done that and the team will come around. -It really is no wonder the house looked like a Pittsburgh game. I would have took a shit out on the field (just like the offense did) if I had paid good money to watch these losers play.

Another Sunday ruined.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
The worst thing about todays game is that I had a pizza delivered from Domino's and it took almost an hour to get here. Then it was not fully cooked and the soda seemed a little flat. I'm still a little bit pissed off about it.

Not sure if serious or if this is a clever metaphor / summary of the game.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

That sucks

Shoman01

Rookie
Fisher needs to go, he's done.

Kendricks is pissing me off, I sit him next week. Foles needs to get his head on straight. This team is just pathetically uncaring. Did you see the freaking lack of care on the goddamn final offensive plays? We didn't care, we didn't act like that was our final freaking chance. We acted like we had 3 more quarters left. We didn't care and it showed.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Knock out Big Ben
image.jpg

Hold Pittsburgh to 12 points
image.jpg

Win the game

image.jpg

giphy.gif

Shoman01

Rookie
I have noticed this for years! It seems to me that Rams games mean more to us fans, than they do to the players and coaches of this team.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
This loss does not bother me in the slightest. I knew this was a loss. I seen all I needed to see last week to know this is the same old Rams. We will win a few more games this year that we probably shouldn't win and everyone will get excited. Last week proved to me our HC is not taking this team any further and this week just further solidified it.

I still think there is enough talent for this team to be a playoff team there is just not enough talent at HC.

The fact that I am at this point really stinks. I love this team but I am sick of this mediocrity. I guess the good news is I won't be pissed on Sunday's anymore. Time to get ready for the draft and hopefully a new coach.

Worst is this website is so awesome! Almost too nice for this team lol

I feel almost exactly the same at this point in time.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Not at the moment. We just have to get rid of Shurmur McDaniels Schotty Cignetti.

I don't think it matters who the OC is. Players win games. You have better players than the team you're playing and you will win more. I don't believe we have that advantage. Guys just aren't as good as the guys they're facing.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i wonder if we'll get another "quick is just in a numbers game, we need guys on special teams" spiel again.

we need people on offense. quickly.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Bailey just doesn't get separation easy as that, It doesn't matter how good your hands are.
It's time for change in my book and it's not the loss alone it's the lack of maturity and composure.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I didn't expect a win BUT I would have not been surprises if we did. Our 3rd down conversions agianst, has to be some sort of record. Then on offense we can't convert a 3rd down. Thise 2 things are like the number one reason we lost this game in my eyes.

Cook is selfish and lacks drive. That's why he drops a lot of passes and it was so telling to me when it was I think 2nd or 3rd qtr britt caught a ball broke a tackle and 3 steelers were trying to get him down and on the replay you can see cook in the background. As soon as Britt caught the ball he turned his back and started walking the other way, lol. I mean he just broke a tackle and cook walked away... he could have broken 3 tackles and kept running or ir coulda been a fumble and cook wouldn't have card a lick what happen. He is bad for the team.

All this hate for Kendricks to get benched? No bench or cut cook please, he can't block, won't catch, and shows disinterested. He is dead weight.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bailey just doesn't get separation easy as that, It doesn't matter how good your hands are.
It's time for change in my book and it's not the loss alone it's the lack of maturity and composure.

Disagree on both fronts. Bailey can get separation and a good QB can make use of a WR that catches everything even if he doesn't get tons of separation.(ex. Anquan Boldin)

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I understand what you are saying, but that is not going to happen, if you can't adjust to the defense. We are not good enough, yet, to be able to do, what the other teams knows we are going to do. I believe that we will get there. This line is getting better, and they will benefit from a year of a professional weight program, and the experience they are getting on the field.

I apologize for being positive in a vent thread.

I'm mad we lost too, but for a different reason.

I certainly agree we are not good enough. Fisher diplomatically agreed when he said; "we don't dominate, yet." They will get better, but considering the time and results of this effort over the past 4 year period.............well let's just leave it at that. ;)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, that's 16 points in two game not going to win many games with that type of offense. It's a long year and I will give it time, but if this regime fails to produce a winning record once again I expect to see an overhaul on the offensive side of the ball in the coaching staff. I realize they made a few changes this year, but that was internal, if the trend continues IMO the offensive staff needs to be completely overhauled and Fisher must give his offensive coordinator total autonomy similar to what Vermeil did back in 1999 and the offensive line coach too.

That's my vent give me a few days and a few glasses of vino to numb senses.

Status
Not open for further replies.