Official Rams vs. Chargers Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I don't know if I've ever seen a crazier game.
On a side note. Lost audio on the broadcast for a while. Cranked up Sirus radio, it was the Bolts broadcast team. All they did was complain on how bad the refs were screwing the chargers because Fisher is on the competition committee and always has the refs in his pocket. ...
Go figure

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think that was my last NFL game. I get more enjoyment out of the college game anyway, and they have every intention of freaking us, well done Goodell you've finally turned me off your product.

You realise that by getting Winston we don't also get his ACC officials we still have to put up with the NFL provided bull crap?

That's fine. At least he's willing to give the refs a nice shove in the right direction. ;)

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Screwed by the refs

Then we screw ourselves

Sometimes I wonder why is it that I have to love football, and I have to love the Rams

moklerman

Warner-phile
Something that isn't likely on everyone's mind right now but Tavon clearly showed he's a threat and a mismatch when he drew that PI call and they NEVER run him down the field. It's always the handoff coming out of motion. I mean, even the color commentator was calling it each time.

Schottenheimer just doesn't have a creative bone in his bone head. Did anyone see the Broncos score their TD late in the third and then the 2 point conversion? They created mismatches for their speedy receiver to get him open. I'm beyond sick of seeing Tavon anchored to the LOS. Sure, run a bubble screen as part of what he gets to do but don't make that ALL he does. You have to give him real routes and plays or the gimmick crap where the whole defense knows what you're going to do is rarely going to work.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Hill threw two touchdown passes that were called back along with half a dozen big plays that were called back. He had Zuerlein in place for an easy FG that was blocked. That's at least 17 points he made possible but the team squandered. Blaming Hill is just wrong. Anyone could have made that last throw.

However, you are dead on correct about Schotty. It was horrible. Surrendering a first half possession AGAIN. WTF IS THAT?!?! Oh, yeah, and it lead to a FG which is what Rams lost by. SHOCKER!

Then he has absolutely no clock awareness. None. Zero. It's like he doesn't know there is a clock. Down by two scores with 3 minutes left? Run it up the middle.

Other than the above... Rams played hard. They killed themselves with penalties. They could have won despite Schotty had they just played disciplined.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Maybe but what is the percentage of special teams plays were we don't get called for something? How many times has Tavis Austin been robbed? It's become automatic that when we get a long run we will have it called back because of blocking to the back or holding.
He has had his share no doubt about it and on those plays where there is a dumb penalty I'm with you there needs to be consequence these guys are supposed to be professionals.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I just don't understand this offense.

What are we?

I don't think anyone could explain our identity.

We say we want to run, but we don't really stick with that. We want to pass, but we don't put guys like Tavon into positions to exploit that.

We have how many years in this offense? The stats suggest this offense isn't good enough to win with. It's a pattern beyond the Rams years.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think that was my last NFL game. I get more enjoyment out of the college game anyway, and they have every intention of freaking us, well done Goodell you've finally turned me off your product.

I came very close to the game thing. Said on another site, "The NFL is going to reap what they sow. It won't be injuries that kills their product, it will be the referees. I am as fanatic as they get and I am close to turning this game off because of the insistence of the refs on injecting themselves in the game at every turn. Can't imagine what casual fans are feeling."

V3

Hall of Fame
I'm good with either. Just get someone with real talent, and throw them at Bradford for a real QB battle. Let the best man win.
Do people think Mariota or Winston will fall to us? As of right now, I don't see how they could drop that far. I think we're looking at Hundley or someone else. Is he worth taking around #10 or so? I haven't watched him enough to say for sure but from what most people seem to think, I would see it as a reach.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh, forgot to mention this in the OP because it's so frikkin' obvious, any post mentioning the Rams moving to LA or anywhere else will be deleted.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hill threw two touchdown passes that were called back along with half a dozen big plays that were called back. He had Zuerlein in place for an easy FG that was blocked. That's at least 17 points he made possible but the team squandered. Blaming Hill is just wrong. Anyone could have made that last throw.

However, you are dead on correct about Schotty. It was horrible. Surrendering a first half possession AGAIN. WTF IS THAT?!?! Oh, yeah, and it lead to a FG which is what Rams lost by. SHOCKER!

Then he has absolutely no clock awareness. None. Zero. It's like he doesn't know there is a clock. Down by two scores with 3 minutes left? Run it up the middle.

Other than the above... Rams played hard. They killed themselves with penalties. They could have won despite Schotty had they just played disciplined.

Don't make excuses for Hill. He has no one to blame but himself for that interception. He threw another interception early on that was terrible and he fumbled which cost us 7.

He was bad until the 4th quarter aside from that TD to Britt which was called back.

moklerman

Warner-phile
The last play sticks out because it was bad, but this game is hardly on Hill's shoulders.

Blocked FG takes 3 points off the board. Penalty on Robinson deserved or not takes 7 points off the board. BS holding call on Tavon's return completely changes the gameplan on that last series.

Hill is easy to target because that was a terrible interception at the worst possible time, but the Rams had other chances to win this game and were stopped by either themselves or the refs.
If only that was Hill's only mistake of the game. Dude was awful most of the day and showed why he's been a backup his whole career.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do people think Mariota or Winston will fall to us? As of right now, I don't see how they could drop that far. I think we're looking at Hundley or someone else. Is he worth taking around #10 or so? I haven't watched him enough to say for sure but from what most people seem to think, I would see it as a reach.

Trade up. This team needs a QB and interior OL in the worst way. The rest of the team is fine.

V3

Hall of Fame
Trade up. This team needs a QB and interior OL in the worst way. The rest of the team is fine.
I absolutely hate doing that because it rarely ever works but I'm getting close to coming around to it. We just will not win without a top QB.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I could live a 1000 years and not understand the play calling of this team. Call for a new QB all we want, but this game was very winnable with Hill if Schotty hadn't decided to go run and shoot from 6 yards away. A new QB won't solve that.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Mr MaGoo fooled everyone but the Chargers. I would let "Schotty" walk tomorrow, this loss was on him!

Philly5

Rookie
This team is not far away, so the obvious screwing has to stop. I don't know how Fisher keeps from slamming his headset, since I almost slammed my IPad.

ram007

Starter
I just don't understand this offense.

What are we?
I don't think anyone could explain our identity.

We say we want to run, but we don't really stick with that. We want to pass, but we don't put guys like Tavon into positions to exploit that.

We have how many years in this offense? The stats suggest this offense isn't good enough to win with. It's a pattern beyond the Rams years.

I hear you man. You echo my thoughts. I was watching dolphins-Broncos game, where broncos ran, ran and ran until they loosened up the dolphins Defensice line and Manning went to work.

And Rams could not run it three times from 4 yard line? In fairness to Fisher, he called fake punt in Seahawks game and won. He was going for the kill on the road and we lost the bet. so who am I to complain now, when I rejoiced the call in Seahawks game.

In the end though, Rams - Run the DAMN ball more throughout the game.

I am onto next game now.

Status
Not open for further replies.