Official Nick Foles Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Foles in our offense>Bradford in our offense

I kept saying this same thing to myself all game. As good as Bradford is, today Foles made plays that I don't think Bradford would have. I do believe this is a trade that will be good for both teams and for both QB's.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Don't understand the need to bash Sam in order to praise Nick. I was really happy with Foles' performance today and am glad he's healthy. I hope he leads us to multiple Super Bowls, but Sam's "failures " had nothing to do with a lack of abity.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Ok, I'll be the first to offer a critique of Foles. He has trouble picking up blitzes, just like Bradford did. He's a tough kid, but the jury is still out for me.

Thing is that some of those hits or near hits, in the past I recall Bradford just going down instead of trying to still make a play. Foles stayed in there and in many cases made a play and took a hit.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
He seems to be a great leader.

Like another poster said the team really seems to respond to Foles. They seem to have a nice chemistry together which is a real critical aspect in sports.

I love his deep throws. He seems to barely flick his wrist and launches the ball with great accuracy.

A win like this is critical to a young teams confidence. The Redskins are no where near as good as the shehawks. The Rams should be 2-0 and this team could really be rolling going into week 3.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Don't understand the need to bash Sam in order to praise Nick. I was really happy with Foles' performance today and am glad he's healthy. I hope he leads us to multiple Super Bowls, but Sam's "failures " had nothing to do with a lack of abity.
It is less bashing on my part and more compare and contrast between the QBs we had. This QB got me pumped and did things that Bradford never could. He rallies the entire team behind him, and extends plays not going down easy. He doesn't make some of the accurate throws Bradford would but he takes his shots downfield.

And he stayed on the field. This gets me excited!

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I've certainly seen leadership skills that translated to effort by our squad. With Bradford, I usually saw the easy come, easy go, *shrugs shoulders* mentality. Foles certainly does add a new dimension to our offense as a field general.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Noone has mentioned the 115.8 Rating Foles had with 297 yards and 18/27 66.7% comp Glad Nick just threw the ball away when no chance at completion and avoided a sack or loss and took no chances at risking an Interception which I loved. Took at least 2 major hits if not 4 and was chaging the play when Barnes snaped the ball right between his pec's. We lost that one. We can fix that and expected worse with a guy with so few reps in center competition all PS.

Yes Nick just missed on two very long throws to Tavon Austin and Nick and Cookie look like we heard they were doing since first week of practice as Foles' favorite target. Nick did'nt throw it if his guys had no seperation except one throw to Stedman Bailey he threw in a coke bottle between legion of boom defenders that led to game winning FG. Love how Nick kept his cool and the big 3rd downs he pulled out some big plays. Have'nt seen this since Bulger was here. Cignetti and our QB coach from Florida have lots to work with in the next 3 years at least. Hope its 10 :cool:. SO VERY HAPPY!!!:D

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He has his warts but he played great for us today and I love his competitiveness.

RamsFan14

Starter
The thing I'll say about Foles is that he's a gamer! He finds ways to win games, he did it in Philly and I believe he can do the same thing here!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The thing I'll say about Foles is that he's a gamer! He finds ways to win games, he did it in Philly and I believe he can do the same thing here!
Yes, that's what I saw today. And we haven't had this since Warner.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
190.gif

bskrilla

Starter
The grit he shows trying to save plays even when he is going down. I saw multiples plays where I was like "Bradford would have just fell straight to the floor". That shovel pass made me giddy.
I like Bradford, but I'm gonna be honest I felt the exact same way.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I'm happy with him, I was happy with Sam when he was on the field. I think Foles will be a difference maker for us, but I also think Sam will do well for Philly.
I'm a Rams fan though, so Sam can kick rocks- I'm on the Foles bandwagon

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Foles is not going to surprise me, I have watched and liked him since his time at AZ and know that he is just a football player, tough and competitive. P.S it is natural to compare him to the guy he replaced.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Foles is a gamer, period!