Not sold on the Az Cardinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MFaulk107

The Realness
I say there O is just a little better than our O.
But our D is more than a little better than there D.

muggman

UDFA
Name
Doug
Just signed up here, good morning everyone. Couldn't agree more that the Cards should regress this year. Reported (ESPN) that Abraham was arrested Jun 29 for DUI and his reported "jail" weight was 225 lbs. Their D will suffer this year.

AZRamsFan93

Palmer if you look at the overall body of his work it not that impressive. He his not great in clutch games.
He has not been stellar but he has talent. To be honest, there a many striking similarities between Sam Bradford and Carson Palmer:

- tall, strong, big armed, not-so-mobile QBs
- Heisman Trophy winners
- #1 overall pick from storied programs

Carson is obviously older. He has thrown a higher percentage of interceptions, but he also has thrown the ball downfield more effectively.

I am just saying, before you throw stones at Mr. Palmer one ought to consider how that reflects on Mr. Bradford.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The ever charitable Patrick Peterson said:
We gave San Fran two games last year. Gave them two games last year,” Peterson said, via Tom Pelissero of USA Today. “Came out slow and played Seattle slow in the first game, and we still ended up climbing back in the game to the fourth quarter and we kind of tucked our tail again. We went up to Seattle (and won). And lord knows we gave the Rams the first game we played them.”
Well then you suck. If you have a game for the taking and lose, then you suck. Seriously, can't every team say these same things? "We were in it the whole time, but gave it away." How about this instead? Give your opponents some credit and be humble once in a while.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Well then you suck. If you have a game for the taking and lose, then you suck. Seriously, can't every team say these same things? "We were in it the whole time, but gave it away." How about this instead? Give your opponents some credit and be humble once in a while.

Carson Palmer will be running for his life and cough up more ints. this year than last (22).
Petterson is the real deal, but he can't block for Palmer and Palmer can't escape pressure.

MFdoom39

UDFA
Name
Matt
I was a big fan of Deone Buccanon coming out of Wash. St. IMO, he has the most potential out of the safety class of 2014. That secondary is looking good.

With that said, I'm not worried about AZ

Cardncub

Rookie
John Brown. Remember his name because you are going to see it a lot this coming season. ;)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I couldn't agree more. Last year when the defense stunk in the preseason many attributed it to us hiding all of our elaborate schemes until the regular season. As it turns out, the really bad defense continued until Fisher stepped in mid-year. I am anxious to see a big difference in the preseason this year, especially on defense.

Think of it as them hiding the defensive schemes until Fisher took over LOLOL.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
http://blog.azcardinals.com/2014/08/02/little-disappointed-in-cooper/

Bruce Arians isn’t exactly sparse with praise. He’ll hand it out when he deems it necessary, but it’s not like pulling teeth like some coaches. So you hear him talk about guard Jonathan Cooper and it raises a flag. Arians said Cooper needs to raise his level of play. “I’m a little disappointed with where Coop is at right now,” Arians said. “I’d hope he come a little faster.”

Now, Arians does say it’s about rust with Cooper, who missed all of last season with his broken leg. But he needs to start playing better. Arians also said he wants Earl Watford — who needs to be able to play both guard spots to be able to dress Sundays — to be able to push Cooper. Given that Cooper was the seventh overall pick last year, that’s a very big deal. The Cardinals need Cooper to play and play well. Sooner rather than later.

I guess Peterson going to take the NFC west all by himself?

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Enough said.
10576973_10204538638929753_3167895767975941197_n.jpg

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
John Brown. Remember his name because you are going to see it a lot this coming season. ;)
What are your honest opinions on the Cards draft? I've been pretty critical of it because i felt they had some chances to really solidify and reinforce that front seven...and also put a higher priority on a rookie QB.
It appears to me that they made a conscious choice to try and just plug holes for the here and now....instead of drafting BPA.
AZ brought in Ted Ginn in FA...then draft John Brown in the 3rd rd...?? I don't get it. Brown was a reach at that spot and sort of redundant IMO.

We had a 5 rd community mock draft here and i drew AZ because of my familiarity w/the team and i was pretty shocked at the direction they went. I liked the Troy Niklas pick. Thats it. Obviously no one could have seen the DWash suspension coming, but Dansby had left, Dockett is 33 yrs old, and outside of 36 yr old John Abraham there aren't any pure pass rushers there. I felt that in order to maintain and keep up in the NFCW they needed to replenish the front seven.

Then there's the Logan Thomas pick in the 4th rd. Palmer is 34 and there's no one behind him. Manziel and Bridgewater were there at #20. So was Dee Ford the pass rusher(who went at #23).
I thought the trade down made sense, but only if they could land a pass rusher or a QB. Derek Carr was there at #27 after the trade down. Anyway...do you feel like it was a smart draft in terms of sustainability? I don't.

Cardncub

Rookie
I'll respond tomorrow when I'm more coherent. But I do think they had an excellent underrated draft. ;)