New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iced

http://www.mighty1090.com/episode/nfls-letter-to-san-diego-mayor-faulconer/

I don't know anything about 1090 but I spose someone can tell me why this should be ignored. Lol

lol hard to argue with something directly from the NFL, but I'm sure many will try..

sure outlines a lot of errors with the proposal, and only backs up a lot of what Fabiani's camp had been saying, which is constantly referred to as "Shooting down" or "bashing." This letter seems to reinforce the issues in the proposal

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That letter is very interesting and it doesn't strike me as worded the way the NFL would say something to one of it's member cities. The whole thing comes across as very amateurish. I could be wrong but reading through that I had a hard time believing that was from the NFL. Like one of the comments says I could see this coming from Fabiani, or even Policy for that matter, but not the NFL. Something else that has always struck me as wrong with this whole Carson/San Diego/Oakland situation is those two owners, who aren't worth a lot of money compared to their peers, are willing to foot the whole bill for building this joint stadium but aren't willing to foot the whole bill in their home market.

I'm not trying to start a Carson vs Inglewood debate or involve the Rams to LA I am not doing any of that. The whole willingness to pay for it all for Carson but not their home markets just doesn't ring true to me.

iced

Not what I commented on but thank you for chiming in.

I agree with him. When I read this statement, that was my first my thought

Something else that has always struck me as wrong with this whole Carson/San Diego/Oakland situation is those two owners, who aren't worth a lot of money compared to their peers, are willing to foot the whole bill for building this joint stadium but aren't willing to foot the whole bill in their home market.

And the same reason those two owners are willing to foot the bill for it is the same reason Kroenke wants to move - a Larger market.

Is Kroenke willing to take public money, let alone build in St.Louis? We know he's footing the whole Bill for inglewood, so yea, I would think this applies to him as well..

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with him. When I read this statement, that was my first my thought

And the same reason those two owners are willing to foot the bill for it is the same reason Kroenke wants to move - a Larger market.

Is Kroenke willing to take public money, let alone build in St.Louis? We know he's footing the whole Bill for inglewood, so yea, I would think this applies to him as well..

So now you're implying that he's negotiating with St Louis?

iced

So now you're implying that he's negotiating with St Louis?

I've never implied that - quite the opposite.. he refuses to - that was made apparent when he refused to communicate with the task force and everything since, imo.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My statement stands though, both Spanos and Davis have turned down stadium offers in their home market because it had them contributing too much money. Yet both are willing to spend more than any local market offer has asked them to pay. And both are excused for abandoning their home markets and are rumored to be loved by their fellow NFL owners.

Kroenke hasn't asked his local market for any money, he hasn't even negotiated with them that we know of. Yet he's willing to pay for everything in Inglewood. And he's rumored to be hated by his fellow NFL owners.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've never implied that - quite the opposite.. he refuses to - that was made apparent when he refused to communicate with the task force and everything since, imo.

Which can also be said about Spanos and Davis and again they're rumored to be loved by fellow owners and Stan is hated for it.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Kroenke doing the same to st. Louis

No he's not. There is a difference. Kroenke has never publicly said he wants to get a stadium deal done in St Louis, whereas the Chargers are on record saying they will continue to work toward getting a stadium deal done in their home market, while making their plans known about Carson.

iced

Which can also be said about Spanos and Davis and again they're rumored to be loved by fellow owners and Stan is hated for it.

and the NFL has just backed them on their concerns - so is the NFL bad mouthing San Diego now too?

Or Maybe perhaps, there's some substance to what we've heard out of the Charger camp - and not just "shooting down" their plan...

Meanwhile Kroenke has been dead set on leaving for inglewood and not negotiated with the task force...

bluecoconuts

Legend
And the task force was dead set on not working towards anything until the last minute, and is dead set on offering a plan that appears to ask for Kroenke to fund well over 50% and get pretty much squat back, so we shouldn't pretend like any group in all this drama is flawless.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
that appears to ask for Kroenke to fund well over 50% and get pretty much squat back

The task force has worked with the NFL throughout the whole process, don't you think if the amount of private money was a problem that it would have changed by now?

Also, we don't have revenue figures (unless I missed the posting) so how does he get squat back, exactly?

bluecoconuts

Legend
The task force has worked with the NFL throughout the whole process, don't you think if the amount of private money was a problem that it would have changed by now?

Also, we don't have revenue figures (unless I missed the posting) so how does he get squat back, exactly?

He doesn't own it, doesn't get PSL money, doesn't get money from other events, the design limits options, etc.

Where does the revenue streams come from? The NFL has told every city to keep working because why tell them to stop? I'm not saying the amount of public money is the issue, but if he's supposed to invest that much, he's probably going to want to get more. Do you expect the NFL to make him stay with the promise that revenue streams will be discussed later? With the promise that the group that hasn't worked with him before will suddenly go ahead and do so?

I have a hard time seeing them do that.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
And the task force was dead set on not working towards anything until the last minute, and is dead set on offering a plan that appears to ask for Kroenke to fund well over 50% and get pretty much squat back, so we shouldn't pretend like any group in all this drama is flawless.

Not this last minute thing again.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
doesn't get money from other events

Where is this written? If he's half owner of the stadium, he should get some split of those profits, no?

the design limits options
I'm not sure what you mean by design limitations? It appears to me that the design actually opens doors. Do you know how hard it is to find a 60k+ seat stadium with real grass? The soccer world will love this. The CONCACAF federation just played a tournament on grass laid on top of turf. IF an MLS team comes into the fold, that will extend the amount of home games played in the stadium by 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.