New Buttons

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
To all -

We've changed the like system to include the ability to dislike a post.

This change opens up options down the road for different ways to give feedback on posts, but for the moment... only the like and dislike option are "turned on".

A couple of things;
  1. With the dislike button, members can now give feedback about what may not be acceptable here.
  2. A post with too many dislikes, will be automatically removed from view.
  3. Members will see in their member card a tally of likes and dislikes.
  4. Dislikes serve as an indicator how the forum views certain posts and will reduce "the surprise" when moderators issue warnings (a common complaint we receive).
Thank you,

CGI

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I know @CGI_Ram will chime in with more on this new feature... because we just tweaked it some more.

The main point of this new feature is to give all of our members a little more ownership of OUR house. ROD belongs to all of us, and we want everyone to know they have a voice. That's why we decided to add this feature.

We still have the Like that everyone is used to already.

The Dislike is removed... now we have a Disagree instead.

Even added a Funny.

And there is now an Inappropriate as well. This is there for posts that are inappropriate in OUR house... and all of you know what that means.

We wanted to better define all of this and we feel like these options will better serve us all. If you have any questions about this... please just hit me up in a PM. I welcome input and questions so just let me know.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Adding to @Selassie I ...

This feature does more than likes and "dislikes". As indicated in my first post; we can add any type of post ratings we'd like.

As an example... just to demonstrate... a smiley face has been added to tell someone their post was funny, etc. I don't want over complicate things, but again it demonstrates how this can be used for fun purposes.

As things stand today;
  1. The "thumbs up" = a like and will count in your likes.
  2. The "thumbs down" = disagree. It does nothing. It's a neutral rating.
  3. The "smile face" = funny. It does nothing. It's considered a neutral rating.
  4. The "megaphone" = inappropriate. It acts as a negative rating. This gives members their voice in what they want to see on our forum.
We made these changes based on feedback we've received from members. We've listened;
  1. Members have been asking for moderators to do something about excessive negative posts.
  2. Members who have receiving warnings from moderators, did not feel they were doing anything wrong. The "inappropriate" button gives these members the feedback they need - prior to a warning.
At the end of the day, maintaining our culture is a community thing. We all own it. If executed right, this can help us with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.