Like/Dislike

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Why didn't you sell it and support it after you invented it?
Someone else is getting the casheesh now.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gotta say, not a fan of it. Hitting dislike seems like a passive-aggressive way of disagreeing with a person without actually discussing the disagreement.

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gotta say, not a fan of it. Hitting dislike seems like a passive-aggressive way of disagreeing with a person without actually discussing the disagreement.

I am interested in seeing how their unique math works.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Meh. Same with liking someone's comment without expanding on why.
It's not meant to discourage debate. It's meant to identify negative trolling and cut down on the amount of reported posts.
They just rolled it out. I'm sure it'll get tweaked along the way.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems to me its merely an invitation for dissension amongst the posters.
Disagreeing with a poster's point of view and disapproving of the poster's comments are two entirely different things, yet will invoke the same penalty
Not sure what the intention was, but I don't see how its a positive

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
I disagree

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Just gonna mass dislike everyone cuz I hate other people's success.

I barely ever give out likes, this is true, now you let me give someone an "anti" like in the form of a dislike? You have made a powerful villain.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Meh. Same with liking someone's comment without expanding on why.
It's not meant to discourage debate. It's meant to identify negative trolling and cut down on the amount of reported posts.
They just rolled it out. I'm sure it'll get tweaked along the way.

Yea but a like isn't really passive-aggressive. To me, it indicates that the person agrees with what you're saying and would have said the same thing...or if you're debating someone, it acknowledges that they read your post and have reached the end point in the discussion.

I just hope people understand that its use is for comments that need to be removed because they break the rules. Not comments they disagree with or opinions they don't like.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Not sure what the intention was, but I don't see how its a positive

Someone calling Ram players a "bum" or "garbage", I'm gonna dislike it.

"Greg Robinson has got to play smarter and get his head out of his ass!"

vs

"Greg is a POS bum that's showing why this garbage organization wasted a pick on him."

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
lets just say that I programmed this same thing for this board 2 years ago. When I sold the board I took this script with me because I spent many hours writing it. Two years later it suddenly shows back up

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

vs

"Greg is a POS bum that's showing why this garbage organization wasted a pick on him."
And there's the intent.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I can roll with it, be interesting to see how long this lasts. I noticed the dislike tracker is red? Lol!!!

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame

vs

I'm having a hard time with this concept. He is showing why a pick was wasted on him? Why this garbage organization wasted a pick on him? There's like, a double negative in here... I think?

He's showing negative value, and the pick was wasted on him because of this? Or the garbage organization only picks bad players and... I don't understand.

I'm looking too deep into this. It's just an example of a hate comment.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm moving this to the site-help section for those who wish to discuss this further.
This is neither Rams nor NFL related.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
lets just say that I programmed this same thing for this board 2 years ago. When I sold the board I took this script with me because I spent many hours writing it. Two years later it suddenly shows back up
You're gonna have to speak with the owner. I only work here.
200.gif

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I find it a useful tool if used properly. ROD already has a thumbs down emoji, and maybe i've used it 3 or 4 times since joining this site. Agree with X that it doesn't change how members really approach conversation or debate, as there are plenty of posters who are willing to 'like' a post without additional comment. I would only hope that a 'not like' thumbs down would spur further discussion, not enmity. jmo.