name on the Rams' new stadium

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Why is it a bad thing to perfect the electric car AND make lots of money doing that? Do they have to be mutually exclusive? You sound like making a profit is a bad thing... it doesn't have to be. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess maybe you really like Apple. If you do, are they bad because they make tons of money?

I never said it was wrong to make profits. Just that people are too consumed In it. We all got to eat it’s just how the world works.
Again, I don't think Tesla makes it... but GM? Ford? BMW? Audi, VW? Yeah, I'd predict those companies will perfect the electric car and make lots and lots of money and provide nice returns for their investors (something Tesla will not be able to do unless they start making a profit).

It wouldn't surprise me if they did as they have vast amounts of experience in automation.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Haha. No Mack. I said overrated. Not dumb. I think his goals, though ambitious and brilliant, are foolish.

I believe the viability and necessity of settlements on Mars, or any other planet, are a fools errand. Earth is it. All the other planets are just reminders how special we are. The deeper we dive, the more obvious it becomes.

I’m all for exploring the heavens. Just not for spending billions of other people’s money for an obsessive pipe dream.

Any of you guys want to live in a space suit not able to breathe ambient air, grow crops, or have water available for drinking? Etc. etc.

Other than the Chi-coms, I think we are doing a pretty decent job of keeping our little marble shined. We can always do better. That should be the focus of Elon the Great. I’d feel a little better about him as well, if his view of our vast fossil fuel resources wasn’t so dour.

In short. I think he is misguided in all of his genius.

You do realize that many of the consumer devices we have today are a result of the research and development of the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo missions, yes?

Still don’t have a lunar base, but have literally tens of thousands of innovative products as a direct result of pushing the science.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
You do realize that many of the consumer devices we have today are a result of the research and development of the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo missions, yes?

Still don’t have a lunar base, but have literally tens of thousands of innovative products as a direct result of pushing the science.
You did see my line that I support space exploration? Just not inhabiting those sh**holes.
It would be like saying “hey. Let’s set up permanent habitations in Antarctica.”
Great for exploration, but I wouldn’t want to live there. :rant:And the beer sucks!

Musk is the same guy that argues that it is 99.99% certain that we are not living reality, but computer simulations. :)

Nut job.