name on the Rams' new stadium

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
it aint up to the chargers,
If any company out there is hoping to put its name on the Rams' new stadium in Los Angeles, they better run the plan by their accounting department first, because it's not going to be cheap.

As a matter of fact, if the Rams get their way, it will go down as the most expensive naming rights deal in NFL history.

According to the Sports Business Journal, the Rams are seeking a minimum of $30 million per year from any company that's willing to buy the naming rights at the team's new $2.7 billion palace in Inglewood, California.

Not only does the team want $30 million per year, but the Rams also want the deal to run for at least 20 years, which means any potential company looking to purchase the naming rights would have to commit a minimum of $600 million to the team.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...shing-naming-rights-deal-for-new-l-a-stadium/

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Needs to be the "Ram Tough" stadium. Take less from Dodge to get that done. And F you Dean Spanos.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's a reddit thread claiming the NFL might try to force the Chargers back to SD.

I think that's all BS to be honest. But that said Kroenke isn't necessarily going to be the nicest landlord for Dean. I think Dean will get the "second class citizen" treatment because they're rivals after all. Which again is why I'd accept a lot less money to make it the Rams Tough stadium.

Every LAC game... "Here we are live at the Los Angeles Ram Tough Stadium to witness the Chargers vs blah blah blah." Man that would pi$$ Spanos off.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It will be just another corporate, sterile name without character and it will roll off the tongue like "fish needs a bicycle."

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think that's all BS to be honest. But that said Kroenke isn't necessarily going to be the nicest landlord for Dean. I think Dean will get the "second class citizen" treatment because they're rivals after all. Which again is why I'd accept a lot less money to make it the Rams Tough stadium.

Every LAC game... "Here we are live at the Los Angeles Ram Tough Stadium to witness the Chargers vs blah blah blah." Man that would pi$$ Spanos off.

If you think he would go out of his way or take less money to piss off a guy he's making money on you don't understand how this works, and Spanos doesn't give a fuck about anything but money. Neither of these guys do.

…..

Legend
Interesting thread. And yes....30M per year has been the anticipated asking price based on Forbes and others suggesting the value. Which is kinda cool because other people bacically set the market for Stan. The latest deal, Arthur Blanks Mercedes Benz deal, the value has not been disclosed but its a 27 year deal.

I'd like it to be a business based in Los Angeles. Can you imagine the Direct TV Dome? I'm not sure if thats possible but they ARE in the top 5 for LA based busineses.

Other likely local businesses to consider

1.Health NET
2.Dole Foods (Dole Dome? Naaaah)
3.Occidental
4.Pacific Life Insurance (something "Pacific" would be interesting)
5.Mattel, Inc

Stan is already moochin business profit from Wifey's company by building the strip malls and parking lots attached to WalMarts. He could try to bilk Wal-Mart for more, and I am guessing he would try, except that Wal mart does not market that way.

Currently, Stan has naming deals in other locations with Dicks Sporting Goods in Commerce City Colorado, Pepsi Center in Denver, and Emerites Airlines for his Arsenal Stadium in the UK.

With Stans connections in Missouri, Colorado, the UK, and now LA....its anyone guess who Stan might buddy up next. It seems people typically line up to fill Stans pocket.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Some other choices:
Rent.com one the Chargers should remember
Directtv - With NFL west offices to be located here, makes sense

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Currently, Stan has naming deals in other locations with Dicks Sporting Goods in Commerce City Colorado, Pepsi Center in Denver, and Emerites Airlines for his Arsenal Stadium in the UK.

With Stans connections in Missouri, Colorado, the UK, and now LA....its anyone guess who Stan might buddy up next. It seems people typically line up to fill Stans pocket.

Emirates has the money to pull it off and they aren't shy about making splashy sponsorship deals. They also have been increasing their presence in the U.S. and Los Angeles.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
It will be the Amazon or Tesla stadium.

Tesla Stadium?? Great, so our tax dollars would be paying for the name on a stadium. So how about calling it the "Tax Payers/Chumps Stadium"

Locals will shorten the name to: "The Chump"

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If I suddenly came into a windfall of cash, I'd buy the rights to name that stadium for a year.
But first I'd spend a little money to open up a small business wherein I sell fiber optic cables.
They're made of glass tube, so I guess I'd just call it Glass Tube Fiber Optics.
I'd headquarter it San Diego because the weather is phenomenal.
That way I could name the stadium after my business.
Glass Tube Fiber Optics, San Diego.
Or -- G.T.F.O San Diego.

bluecoconuts

Legend

While I don't think it happens, the story came out from a very well respected NFL reporter, and a few other big names have mentioned it as well, so it could be true.

I believe it's too late though, so I don't expect anything to happen.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
It will be the Amazon or Tesla stadium.
Oh good. So the overrated genius, Elon Musk, can get billions more in government subsidies to pay for the naming rights for Tesla.

I say we name it the Peter Schrager Worship Center