Mock Draft Tidbits / 2024 Draft Talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes. I just get annoyed. Everyone is a draft expert now. The guys that are just parroting PFF, Dane Brugler, Mel Kiper, etc… should give the credit to them. This stuff takes so many hours for several months. PFF has an entire team of people working on it.

Everybody seems to be jumping onto the draft bandwagon. It’s a bit annoying imo
I agree. Some of these draft takes are so effortless. I legit read one that talked about us drafting Fuaga and moving Havenstein to left tackle. Like, what?

dang

Legend
If any of these guys are there in the 2nd, we should get on phones and trade up, especially the bolded 2.

DeJean
Chop Robinson

Darius Robinson
Wiggins
McKinstry

Its tough to believe that DeJean won't go in the 1st however.
Or with a smaller trade up for:
Rakestraw/CB
ECooper/ILB
Fiske/DL

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Yes. I just get annoyed. Everyone is a draft expert now. The guys that are just parroting PFF, Dane Brugler, Mel Kiper, etc… should give the credit to them. This stuff takes so many hours for several months. PFF has an entire team of people working on it.

Everybody seems to be jumping onto the draft bandwagon. It’s a bit annoying imo
Schrager has never claimed to be a draft expert and he is not now even though he is providing draft commentary. He says he gets his knowledge from connections, teams, people in the know.

There is a place for that type of reporting, the PFF types, and the Kiper type.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
But there is no need for Pete to put out his list that he didn’t make up on his own like he’s Greg Cossell. It is disingenuous. Especially if his list is just made from what he’s hearing from NFL teams. It’s not really his list.
I disagree. It's not disingenuous since he makes it clear that it's not his list. I like hearing from those who know nothing about talent eval but just report what they're hearing from NFL teams.

There is often a disconnect in rankings between draft experts and NFL teams. The Schragers of the world help bridge that gap for fans. For example, we get early insight that a Jahmyr Gibbs is not seen by NFL teams as a 2nd round pick like the draft experts have him rated. Schrager type reporting is an appreciated role IMO.

If you cannot tell, I have never liked Shrager....

Yes, your bias is definitely showing. But it's ok, we all have people we don't like.

WestCoastRam

Legend
That’s what I like about Dane. He does his own thing. Same with PFF.

But there is no need for Pete to put out his list that he didn’t make up on his own like he’s Greg Cossell. It is disingenuous. Especially if his list is just made from what he’s hearing from NFL teams. It’s not really his list.

If you cannot tell, I have never liked Shrager. He comes across as one of the most phony personalities in sports TV. He’s on the right show. He fits right in with that entire crew.

Another person I can’t stand to listen to is Diana Russini. So much nonsense comes out of her mouth and she’s grating. I hate when they bring her on the Athletic Podcast.
Yeah, I get not liking peeps personalities. I like Shrager fine. I like Russini though.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
That’s what I like about Dane. He does his own thing. Same with PFF.

If you cannot tell, I have never liked Shrager. He comes across as one of the most phony personalities in sports TV. He’s on the right show. He fits right in with that entire crew.

Another person I can’t stand to listen to is Diana Russini. So much nonsense comes out of her mouth and she’s grating. I hate when they bring her on the Athletic Podcast.
I agree. But I think it’s more the employer pushing it and making them do a mock draft. The problem is the demand for draft content is HUGE. Fans can’t get enough of it. I’m the same way sometimes and I’ll click on the new mock draft from someone like this or watch it - then proceed to get annoyed at myself for doing so as I realize the bozo doesn’t know much at all.

WestCoastRam

Legend

Charles Robinson is another guy who I think gets a lot more right than wrong about all NFL reporting, not just the draft. I would say he's the most capable of getting stuff out of front offices.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
That's pretty funny. I wonder how they came up with a #25?
Clearly he couldnt wear his #19 college number, so they randomly picked 25?
He's talked about it, but he may have initially picked it but a buddy said it was a "slow" number so he chose 29 ... which was "faster"

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I disagree. It's not disingenuous since he makes it clear that it's not his list. I like hearing from those who know nothing about talent eval but just report what they're hearing from NFL teams.

There is often a disconnect in rankings between draft experts and NFL teams. The Schragers of the world help bridge that gap for fans. For example, we get early insight that a Jahmyr Gibbs is not seen by NFL teams as a 2nd round pick like the draft experts have him rated. Schrager type reporting is an appreciated role IMO.

Yes, your bias is definitely showing. But it's ok, we all have people we don't like.
Didn’t he call it ‘His list’?

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
In Which We Give Up Two Firsts and A Second, and then Commenced Much Wailing and Gnashing of Teeth...
PFN_Draft_result_1713930984111.png

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Didn’t he call it ‘His list’?
Semantics. I don't listen to him that much but in the few podcasts I have listened to he said in the first 30 seconds that he's not a draft guy, he gets his info from his connections.