MMQB: Peter King - 9/14/15

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdw

Pro Bowler
Yeah, no one likes brinking that up. But think how much better our offense will be once Mason, Gurley and Quick are back and Bam Bam is back to returning kicks (not that he had a bad game)
Good point. I hate criticizing any of our players but it's looking like the less Pead is on the field it will be addition by subtraction.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I like Peter King but this thing about Bailey falling being the only reason the Rams were able to pull it off is misleading. Kendricks beat Bailey off the line. Bailey has not chance even if he doesn't fall. Bailey's only shot at stopping the play is defensive holding because Kendricks was by him in a hurry. Check the video out.
View: http://www.stlouisrams.com/videos/videos/Nick-Foles-to-Lance-Kendricks-for-a-37-Yard-TD/48c2200b-c7c9-4054-ad29-7f024409616b
483.gif

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
One stat not mentioned anywhere . The RAMS had (3) 80 yard drives against the shegals. (Drop the mic)!

We are all licking our chops thinking about getting a healthy Quick , Mason and GURLEY on the field and keep watching Cookie , Austin , Stedman Bailey , Big Benny Cunningham , and even Watts if we can find room to get him a carry or two. We have yet to see much of Britt and we did pay that TE that scored on that 3rd and long for a TD Kendricks. We also have 2 other WR's that can go deep. Thats just the offense. The invisible side of the RAMS this season. RAMS "D" is BALLIN!!!

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Bailey started that play flat footed
Yeah being flat-footed is turrible, but I think the rest might be explained by situation. He was trying to take away the 1st down on 3rd and five. He saw a big "slow" TE and the game film on the Rams is they always throw short to big receivers in a possession game. So he obviously felt zero deep risk and was ready to jump the in or out route. That was a bad gamble with no safety help -- or perhaps good play design drew the safety away, can't see on the angle, and of course awesome sack to go for the deep strike there -- I think in any case you can throw the book out on what the Rams used to do, it's a new offense.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah being flat-footed is turrible, but I think the rest might be explained by situation. He was trying to take away the 1st down on 3rd and five. He saw a big "slow" TE and the game film on the Rams is they always throw short to big receivers in a possession game. So he obviously felt zero deep risk and was ready to jump the in or out route. That was a bad gamble with no safety help -- or perhaps good play design drew the safety away, can't see on the angle, and of course awesome sack to go for the deep strike there -- I think in any case you can throw the book out on what the Rams used to do, it's a new offense.

And again, it looks like the Rams were right to keep their offense under wraps during the preseason. I'm sure there will be other surprises to come too. 0-4 in the preseason was a small price to pay.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yup. And between Cook's great game and that Kendricks play, teams are going to have to pay MUCH more attention to the Rams TEs, which means WRs and RBs will have more opportunities.

The plan is coming together :sneaky:
Anyone want to Predict, the Rams 1st "Shut-Out" of the season, next week-end against the Redskins!?!:D:lifting:

RamzFanz

Damnit
Second-chance safety Mark Barron’s blitz and sack of Russell Wilson on a first-half third down, leading to a Seattle punt.

2 for Donald (three if not for a BS call), 2 for Quinn, 1 for Joyner, and 1 for Sims. Barron?

Debacled

Starter
2 for Donald (three if not for a BS call), 2 for Quinn, 1 for Joyner, and 1 for Sims. Barron?
Joyner got credit for the sack.

Was the play where they blitzed off opposite sides of the line, Joyner came in off the RT and Barron came off LT. Wilson saw Barron coming and tried to roll out to his right and right into a diving Joyner

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Bailey is a liability in any sort of man coverage. Not really his fault, the dude is out of his element dropping into anything other than a zone and near the line of scrimmage at that. Gotta give Cigs and the Rams offense credit for getting the mismatch, recognizing it, and attacking it to tie the game up. Just another indicator of how much smarter and better this offense is now compared to previous seasons.

Re: Kendricks... I've never seen him move that decisively in the pattern. He ran that like his @$$ was on fire, all-out and it showed his athleticism.

Seahawks are gonna have to play a lot of zone the rest of the way due to Bailey IMO. Losing Chancellor is a big hit for them because that's a lot of dropoff in coverage man. It's night and day for that defense.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Oh and also re: the Rams defense... Keep in mind 17 points were not their fault (ST return for TD, Fumble return for TD, short field due to fumble where defense held for 3). When you subtract that, and add in that they won the game on defense in overtime, the defense overall played a great game.

Definitely worried about CB, but got my fingers crossed that Tru is gonna be back quick.

Athos

Legend
Bruh, I was watching NFL gameday and Marshall Faulk was the only guy talking about the Rams. Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin were just screaming about Kam Chancellor and how he should be paid, but Marshall. Man, he stood up for the team. His team. And what really got me (and proably pissed) is one of the other jokers openly said "you're only saying that because you played for the Rams." Yeah, no crap sherlock. Just like those 2 have a benard for Dallas, Marshall isn't allowed to talk up his former team?

freak that. Go Marshall Faulk!!!

This is why I love Faulk. True man love for the Rams and takes no shit from anyone and tells it like it is.

Mike

Rookie
Name
Mike
Marshall was the only one I saw pick the Rams to win on NFL Network yesterday morning. Irvin gets on my nerves.