Marvel's Phase 4

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
So you think that a majority opinion determines that something is "good"? You do understand what subjectivity is, right?

I hated it. That is my subjective opinion. Others share that, so its not just "me."

Also, for a Marvel movie, its percentages of favorable reviews were relatively low.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I thought it was hot garbage and nearly shut it off (watched at home on Disney+) halfway through.

To each his own.
I didn't think it was that bad but no it was not the greatest Marvel movie by a mile

I did chuckle at a few of the scenes and was mildly entertained so I didn't hate it

Of course movies like Out of Africa, English Patient, The Last Emperor, etc bore the heck out of me so there is that.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
So you think that a majority opinion determines that something is "good"? You do understand what subjectivity is, right?

I hated it. That is my subjective opinion. Others share that, so its not just "me."

Also, for a Marvel movie, its percentages of favorable reviews were relatively low.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I thought it was hot garbage and nearly shut it off (watched at home on Disney+) halfway through.

To each his own.
I didn't care for it either , although , I didn't actually hate it either , but , I did give one of my lowest scores ever for a Marvel project , movie or TV show

what is funny , is that they turned Thor into a comedy , while it's looks like Ant Man is taking the turn to the serious side ...............lol

sometimes I think how much someone might enjoy these moves more , if they haven't actually read the comics , that way they don't notice the 112 things they got wrong.......................lol

I have alot of friends who have never read the comics , and they usually always like the movie better then I did

it's my wife I feel sorry for . she always loves the movies , and then she has to listen to me bitch about it all the way home....................lol

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
not really Marvel news , well , kinda sorta

Looks like James Gunn has been put in charge of WB's DC branch

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

To each his own.

Like how you just glossed over everything else.

But yes. The data and numbers I've seen and provide indicate (10k to 300k votes) indicate an overwhelming amount of people that liked it rather than not.

If it was as "hot garbage" as you say, why does it rate high (high as in 6 -7). Which is on par with Iron Man 2, Thor 2, etc. Lower on the MCU scale means its still pretty damn good.

I don't care if you didn't like it, but coming in and basically mocking my post based in what you thought of the movie doesn't change the fact of its success. And it sure as hell isn't "hot garbage". Save that for DC.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Like how you just glossed over everything else.

But yes. The data and numbers I've seen and provide indicate (10k to 300k votes) indicate an overwhelming amount of people that liked it rather than not.

If it was as "hot garbage" as you say, why does it rate high (high as in 6 -7). Which is on par with Iron Man 2, Thor 2, etc. Lower on the MCU scale means its still pretty damn good.

I don't care if you didn't like it, but coming in and basically mocking my post based in what you thought of the movie doesn't change the fact of its success. And it sure as hell isn't "hot garbage". Save that for DC.
Popular does not necessarily mean good and, even if it did, cherry-picked examples aside, Thor: Love and Blunder does not have the popular support of most MCU films.

But, hey… if you like jealous axes and heroes who paraphrase skittles slogans as battle cries, more power to you.

Don’t be so ang—

Oh… never mind.

Angry Ram

Popular does not necessarily mean good and, even if it did, cherry-picked examples aside, Thor: Love and Blunder does not have the popular support of most MCU films.

But, hey… if you like jealous axes and heroes who paraphrase skittles slogans as battle cries, more power to you.

Don’t be so ang—

Oh… never mind.

I didn't cherry pick anything. RT and IMDB are the two most popular movie databases that incorporate all user reviews good and bad and the end result is shown in the screenshots I posted.

6.4 on IMDB and 77% on RT. Box office #s also support that. And yeah, that matters. Why would any movie that is as allegedly as bad as you say, would people still go watch? No. That's why "flops" are a thing. Just go look at Dark Phoenix for example.

I mean its pretty obvious based on your response that no matter what the data shows, you won't budge. And that's fine, no one is forcing you to like or dislike anything. The blanket statement that you keep saying "I didn't like it and so do a few other people, so everyone else also didn't like it" is ridiculous. Even though the overall ratings and numbers say otherwise.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I didn't cherry pick anything. RT and IMDB are the two most popular movie databases that incorporate all user reviews good and bad and the end result is shown in the screenshots I posted.

6.4 on IMDB and 77% on RT. Box office #s also support that. And yeah, that matters. Why would any movie that is as allegedly as bad as you say, would people still go watch? No. That's why "flops" are a thing. Just go look at Dark Phoenix for example.

I mean its pretty obvious based on your response that no matter what the data shows, you won't budge. And that's fine, no one is forcing you to like or dislike anything. The blanket statement that you keep saying "I didn't like it and so do a few other people, so everyone else also didn't like it" is ridiculous. Even though the overall ratings and numbers say otherwise.
Data is irrelevant to subjective opinions, and you’ve absurdly misquoted me.

The end.

Angry Ram

Data is irrelevant to subjective opinions, and you’ve absurdly misquoted me.

The end.

Dude. You basically said it twice.

Given the number of people who agree with me, I'd say its a "we" thing. :sunglasses:

Data is irrelevant. LOL. In other words, forget about what I posted and how you view it goes. I guess the folks who didn't like the new Black Adam movie, even though that's the most popular one right now, must mean it's not necessarily a good movie.

Even though majority ratings are good.

Makes perfect sense. First time for everything I guess.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Dude. You basically said it twice.

Data is irrelevant. LOL. In other words, forget about what I posted and how you view it goes. I guess the folks who didn't like the new Black Adam movie, even though that's the most popular one right now, must mean it's not necessarily a good movie.

Even though majority ratings are good.

Makes perfect sense. First time for everything I guess.
You seem to have a real problem with the difference between subjective and objective.

You brought up Black Adam. It has a 40% positive review rate from critics, and a 90% positive rate from audience polls. Does that mean it's a good movie or a bad movie?

The Answer: depends on who you ask. That what subjective means. The percentages are irrelevant to individuals. That's what "to each, his own" means.

Thor: Love & Thunder sucked donkey balls. That is my subjective opinion. There are others who share it and, even if we are in a statistical minority, our opinions are neither right nor wrong. They're just our opinions. Same for your opinion, and the opinions of those who agree with you.

Hope that clears things up for you a bit.
Shooting Star Logo GIF

Angry Ram

You seem to have a real problem with the difference between subjective and objective.

Not really. You were the one that that waltzed in and said "ohh you mean its actually cringeworthy and insultingly bad" as if I'm blindly supposed to agree with that.

I sincerely think it was really good. So in what world does your opinion, and others share it, automatically mean its a bad movie? And again, YOU are the one saying this because of what YOU think of it and others have that same view. But many do NOT. And that is what my problem is here.

You brought up Black Adam. It has a 40% positive review rate from critics, and a 90% positive rate from audience polls. Does that mean it's a good movie or a bad movie?

IDK. Haven't seen it yet.

The Answer: depends on who you ask. That what subjective means. The percentages are irrelevant to individuals. That's what "to each, his own" means.

Thor: Love & Thunder sucked donkey balls. That is my subjective opinion. There are others who share it and, even if we are in a statistical minority, our opinions are neither right nor wrong. They're just our opinions. Same for your opinion, and the opinions of those who agree with you.

And I disagree with that, and shown you numbers and overall audience reviews backing my view. Which you still ignore and disregard as if it doesn't matter. I get it though, there's no changing your view on the movie so whatever.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Its interesting how critics seem to favor Marvel over DC (not including Dark Knight series) films. In some cases, the reviews are justified. I agree, for example, that all of the Avengers movies were better than Justice League (though the Snyder Cut did improve that product).

That said...movies like Man of Steel (56% on Rotten Tomatoes) and Superman v. Batman: Dawn of Justice (29%), though flawed, were, in my opinion, vastly underrated, while some of the MCU films, such as Antman and the Wasp (87%) and Captain Marvel (77%), though not bad movies, were overrated.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Black Panther Wakanda Forever First Reactions are out

Black Panther had it's world premiere last night , and those who attended are allowed to give thier first , quick reaction to the film

now this kinda sorta , but not really ties into what you guys are arguing about , kinda sorta

and this is not just Marvel , but basically any studio when they have their first world premiere

the reactions are almost always positive , but that usually has to do with just who the studio invites to the world premiere

their usually pretty selective on who they invite , chances are , anyone who gives a bad review , probably won't be back for the next world premiere.........................lol

although , I do love reading these first inital reviews , I do tend to take them with a grain of thought :cool:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGUDA3A0znQ

Angry Ram

I just noticed your first sig quote. That might very well be the most ironic thing I've ever seen on a message board. Thanks for the laugh!

Chill me all you want.

Few things...

1. Where did I say you were wrong with disliking this movie?

2. I posted that gif because you ignored my RT numbers and other articles as "irrelevant" but happily posted the ones for the DC and other MCU movies. Now all of a sudden they're relevant. Now RT is OK to use. And YOU want to talk about irony? C'mon.

3. You are doing the exact same thing I did, just opposite. I'm saying L&T is a good movie, with the ratings and articles I provided (disregarded as irrelevant), but you didn't like it. And that's fine. Now you say BvS and MoS are underrated, but because you liked them (which - shocking - is fine too), but the RT scores show the opposite and lower than L&T, but you're basically saying they were pretty good.

4. The RT numbers are telling the same thing...I'm actually with you in that BvS was OK, but the majority didn't like it. I'm only saying the majority did like L&T, for umpteeth time, the IMDB and RT ratings also show that. Despite what you keep saying that it's a bad movie.

5. And that is my issue, as just because YOU didn't like this or any other movie, and labeled it as bad, that's the final verdict. You don't have to outright say it, but it sure as hell comes across like that (as evidenced by your initial response to me). Yet you keep droning on and on about subjective v. objective...no shit everyone has their views on movies. I personally don't like most of the DC movies (even the Dark Knight), but the majority obviously do...so that doesn't make it a bad movie because I don't like it.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
A little MCU news

it had been reported a while ago now , that a Wonder Man project is in the works , don't know if it's just a Special like Werewolf by Night was , or an actual series

but now today , it's been reported the a Vision series is in the works called VisionQuest

I can only imagine these two projects are related , for those who know Visions real origin from the comics , know how important Simon Williams aka Wonder Man is

s-l500.jpg

Vision-Wonder-Man-1024x576.png

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Yahya Abdul-Mateen II has been cast as Simon Williams aka Wonder Man ,

Yahya Abdul-Mateen II played Black Manta in the Auqaman movie

sounds like it's actually going to be a series , and not just a Special

Destin Daniel Cretton is set to direct , he directed the Shang Chi movie

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
sounds like Marvel has found it's Wiccan

maybe......

probably.............

but as Marvel themselves never actually confirm anything

it's been reported today that Joe Locke has been cast in the WandVision spinoff , Agatha , Coven of Chaos

they haven't said who he'll actually be playing

but..........

he looks like Wiccan

he's probably the right age for Wiccan

and...............

he's Gay , or Bi , or whatever he is like Wiccan

so naturally , people have been putting 2 and 2 and 2 and 2 together and have come up with Joe Locke has to be Wiccan ..............lol

Joe-Locke-Heartstopper-Agatha-Coven-Of-Chaos-Kathryn-Hahn-Marvel-Disney-Plus.jpg

pp_agathacovenofchaos_logo_609_8f16f171.png

wiccan.jpg