Jourdan's latest 11 personell podcast 4/8/24

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Not even including potential third round picks: Brenden Rice, Jaylen Polk, Jalen McMillan, Malik Washington, Malachi Corley, Javon Baker (character scares me, but he's uber-talented), Johnny Wilson, Devontez Walker, maybe Ainias Smith?

And then the later picks are outstanding as well. Luke McCaffrey, Isaiah Williams, Tahj Washington, Ryan Flournoy, Bub Means, Jordan Whittington (my newest draft crush; reminds me of Amon-Ra St. Brown and Puka Nacua stylewise), Joshua Cephus, Cornelius Johnson, Jalen Coker, Zakhari Franklin, etc.

This is a very, very deep wide receiver class, and I would not be the least bit surprised if we double-dipped or even triple-dipped with our picks.
If you consider the “big three” as tier 1, and then all of the usual names discussed here as tier 2, and your list as the tier 3 WRs, then I have to say I’m more interested in the tier 3 guys.

Too many of the tier 2 guys have “drops issues”. Seriously? I’m not interested in WRs who struggle to catch the ball.

I wouldn’t mind rolling the dice on Legette and see if the Rams could develop him, but it looks like he’s gonna cost too high of a pick—so no. Pearsall and McConkey look like they could work, but how high do they have to be drafted?

IMO, waiting until the 3rd round for a guy like Polk (as I mocked) and focusing on other positions with the first two picks would be a better strategy than risking one of the first two picks on guys who aren’t exactly plug and play.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
So…if he is NOT selected at #11, which one of you wins the argument?
(If he is, you BOTH lose because the odds were obviously 100%!)
1712918390727.png

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Tahj Washington is small.. but he's a competitor.
As your 4th or 5th guy.. you could do much worse, imo. He's a 5th rounder, imo.
But, I'd rather see someone bigger picked up as well.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
If you consider the “big three” as tier 1, and then all of the usual names discussed here as tier 2, and your list as the tier 3 WRs, then I have to say I’m more interested in the tier 3 guys.

Too many of the tier 2 guys have “drops issues”. Seriously? I’m not interested in WRs who struggle to catch the ball.

I wouldn’t mind rolling the dice on Legette and see if the Rams could develop him, but it looks like he’s gonna cost too high of a pick—so no. Pearsall and McConkey look like they could work, but how high do they have to be drafted?

IMO, waiting until the 3rd round for a guy like Polk (as I mocked) and focusing on other positions with the first two picks would be a better strategy than risking one of the first two picks on guys who aren’t exactly plug and play.
I'm with you 100% on this. If Pearsall, McConkey, or Legette happen to be there at 52, I'd have to give it some thought, but, I do like many of the guys that can be had in the 3rd round and later as well. I want back to back defensive guys taken in 1st and 2nd.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'm with you 100% on this. If Pearsall, McConkey, or Legette happen to be there at 52, I'd have to give it some thought, but, I do like many of the guys that can be had in the 3rd round and later as well. I want back to back defensive guys taken in 1st and 2nd.
I would love Legette in 2nd round (doubt he lasts) but also recognize that he might not be what Rams want in their X so I wouldn't cry if they passed on him. If that makes sense.

Except for a few prospects in this draft, it's kinda how I feel about everyone.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Tahj Washington is small.. but he's a competitor.
As your 4th or 5th guy.. you could do much worse, imo. He's a 5th rounder, imo.
But, I'd rather see someone bigger picked up as well.
Love Tahj Washington, and he and Brenden Rice are the main reasons I'm so sour on Caleb Williams; he had two excellent - and quite frankly underrated - receivers bailing him out a lot.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

The Top 3 tier guys(Edge). My question is do The Rams trade up to guarantee one of them ??

I’d say it’s worth staying at 19 & seeing who is there ? If nONE of those guys are there it’s worth trading back & maybe even out of The First Round ??

Hard call because The Draft is deep with GOOD value that would add much needed depth of defense !!

We still have to find out what happens with Alaric Jackson ? Maybe a OT falls into The Rams lap ?? The Rams are sett for THREE YEARS at LG-CENTER-RG !!!
—The Rams need a Tackle for The Future !!

Arcuri & McCleddon are the 2. Joesph Noteboom is a nice (6th man).

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
I would love Legette in 2nd round (doubt he lasts) but also recognize that he might not be what Rams want in their X so I wouldn't cry if they passed on him. If that makes sense.

Except for a few prospects in this draft, it's kinda how I feel about everyone.
I'm curious on who are these few prospects that you wouldn't feel this way about?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Love Tahj Washington, and he and Brenden Rice are the main reasons I'm so sour on Caleb Williams; he had two excellent - and quite frankly underrated - receivers bailing him out a lot.
Oh.. the only thing wrong with Caleb is the fumbles.
Brendan is fine, nothing special.
The Trojans line was an absolute disaster and needing to score on every possession caused Williams to force it.

I like Tahj a lot and I think Rice will have an NFL career.. but there's nothing to suggest he'll be a guy who takes a big step like Puka.
I've made the comp before.. he's much closer to Van Jefferson than someone like Puka. His testing showed him to be a good athlete, but nothing special and he's done nothing as far as YAC. He'll be better than Van, I'm pretty sure, because he's definitely not a body catcher like Van. Both were recorded going 23 mph.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Oh.. the only thing wrong with Caleb is the fumbles.
Brendan is fine, nothing special.
The Trojans line was an absolute disaster and needing to score on every possession caused Williams to force it.

I like Tahj a lot and I think Rice will have an NFL career.. but there's nothing to suggest he'll be a guy who takes a big step like Puka.
I've made the comp before.. he's much closer to Van Jefferson than someone like Puka. His testing showed him to be a good athlete, but nothing special and he's done nothing as far as YAC. He'll be better than Van, I'm pretty sure, because he's definitely not a body catcher like Van. Both were recorded going 23 mph.

Rice definitely will have a solid NFL career. Not to his dad's level, but a very solid career. Washington is just a solid receiver. Not nearly as small as one would expect (5'10", 183 lbs. isn't too small, compared to some of the others in this class.)

My favorite is Whittington, though. I just love Whittington and think he's a McVay receiver the more and more I watch him.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'm curious on who are these few prospects that you wouldn't feel this way about?
Totes:

Caleb Williams, all three top WRs, Murphy, (almost Newton, I just can't get there), Mitchell, Arnold, Alt, and Fashanu.

Obviously, most of these guys will be gone by when we pick but that's the point, many of them have few holes and it doesn't matter what scheme you put them in. After that, I feel like I can easily make arguments for Rams to go after someone and also really solid arguments of why they won't/or didn't given the growing number of warts players have father down in the draft AND scheme specific issues we have as a team.

Tangentially, the edge guys are all high 2nd tier rushers. I can easily make a case for why they will and won't pick one if there at 19.

The one thing that I've changed my mind a bit on with the edge rushers is that initially I thought there wasn't a big gap between the top three and guys in end of round 1, top of round 2 range. I think that was wishful thinking on my part, trying to square a not great top 3 with a desire to then just get a guy equal to them lower in the draft. Now I think that there is a decent gap.

There's just no good answer at edge for us in the draft. Doesn't mean we might not hit on someone or we shouldn't try. Latu at 19 would be fine. He's got an incredibly low floor. Just don't see much of a ceiling. But again, I think that's why he'll be there at 19 (the medicals would cause him to drop 1-2 rounds, not 10 spots in the first, IMO).

Last edited:

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Totes:

Caleb Williams, all three top WRs, Murphy, (almost Newton, I just can't get there), Mitchell, Arnold, Alt, and Fashanu.

Obviously, most of these guys will be gone by when we pick but that's the point, many of them have few holes and it doesn't matter what scheme you put them in. After that, I feel like I can easily make arguments for Rams to go after someone and also really solid arguments of why they won't/or didn't given the growing number of warts players have father down in the draft AND scheme specific issues we have as a team.
Your list is about the same as mine with the exception that I take Murphy off of it. I like Murphy and Newton a lot but I'm just not convinced that either are elite or perfect fits.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Rice definitely will have a solid NFL career. Not to his dad's level, but a very solid career. Washington is just a solid receiver. Not nearly as small as one would expect (5'10", 183 lbs. isn't too small, compared to some of the others in this class.)

My favorite is Whittington, though. I just love Whittington and think he's a McVay receiver the more and more I watch him.

I know nothing about Whittington.. just read a quick couple things and will watch clips. Physical profile is pretty ideal.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Your list is about the same as mine with the exception that I take Murphy off of it. I like Murphy and Newton a lot but I'm just not convinced that either are elite or perfect fits.
Yeah, def no unicorn fit for the Rams on defense this year. I think Murphy, possibly Newton and Mitchell and Arnold though will all be great picks for the future health of our defense with very good utility this year and increasing benefit as the years go on.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I know nothing about Whittington.. just read a quick couple things and will watch clips. Physical profile is pretty ideal.

Texas receiver. Just one of the most physical guys in this draft. He didn't get tons of touches or redzone opportunities because of Worthy, Mitchell, Sanders, and Robinson/Brooks/Johnson, and he's quite slow, but he's got solid hands, great technical route-running, and he's one of the most elusive and shifty guys in this class despite his slow speed.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Totes:

Tangentially, the edge guys are all high 2nd tier rushers. I can easily make a case for why they will and won't pick one if there at 19.

The one thing that I've changed my mind a bit on with the edge rushers is that initially I thought there wasn't a big gap between the top three and guys in end of round 1, top of round 2 range. I think that was wishful thinking on my part, trying to square a not great top 3 with a desire to then just get a guy equal to them lower in the draft. Now I think that there is a decent gap.

There's just no good answer at edge for us in the draft. Doesn't mean we might not hit on someone or we shouldn't try. Latu at 19 would be fine. He's got an incredibly low floor. Just don't see much of a ceiling. But again, I think that's why he'll be there at 19 (the medicals would cause him to drop 1-2 rounds, not 10 spots in the first, IMO).
You are one of the very few that think he doesn't have much of a ceiling. Not to mention him having an incredibly low floor?! I'm not sure what games your watching that I am not.

WestCoastRam

Legend
You are one of the very few that think he doesn't have much of a ceiling. Not to mention him having an incredibly low floor?! I'm not sure what games your watching that I am not.
My bad, I meant high floor! Low ceiling. But hey, I think he can be a high variance pass rusher who year over year will be a bit all over the place without the superior explosiveness to take it to the next level. Think he's a guy who can you 12 sacks one year and 8 the next. And that's not a terrible thing, per se!

Last edited: