its clear Brian Quick and bailey should be starting

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Givens is fine, he's a 4th round pick in his second year, let him develop. Sophomore slump as of now, I don't think we need to move on or anything, I want to continue to develop. I will agree that I haven't been impressed and he hasn't been as productive this year, but he's just starting his career off. I do want to see more of Bailey and Quick though, I'm really liking what I'm seeing from them thus far, I'm excited to see them grow more.

If, and I stress if, we do draft a WR high next year (which I don't think we need to, and I would rather look to other positions of need unless the value is just way too great to pass up on) I would rather Evans over Watkins. Evans is more what our offense needs, you can't teach size, and he's got it. A package with him, Quick, Austin and Cook in the redzone, along with Stacy's running ability, that's a tough group to defend.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Givens is fine, he's a 4th round pick in his second year, let him develop. Sophomore slump as of now, I don't think we need to move on or anything, I want to continue to develop. I will agree that I haven't been impressed and he hasn't been as productive this year, but he's just starting his career off. I do want to see more of Bailey and Quick though, I'm really liking what I'm seeing from them thus far, I'm excited to see them grow more.

If, and I stress if, we do draft a WR high next year (which I don't think we need to, and I would rather look to other positions of need unless the value is just way too great to pass up on) I would rather Evans over Watkins. Evans is more what our offense needs, you can't teach size, and he's got it. A package with him, Quick, Austin and Cook in the redzone, along with Stacy's running ability, that's a tough group to defend.

i disagree we need watkins to replace givens

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
OK - does no one have a problem with calling Givens "garbage"? While I may agree that Bailey should start over Givens, I really have a problem with the reference.

so it was fine for people to call Quick and Cook garbage but not givens

duckhunter

Starter
I'm frustrated with all the WRs. I'm tired of dropsy and flopsy and clumsy and dopy and goofy. Don't want to miss anyone.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That never happened. And if it did, but I missed it, then that's my oversight. I didn't miss yours, and that's why I edited your post.

We don't call RAMS players "garbage" on this board. Period. That kind of PD mentality is reserved for the board where intelligent discourse is in short supply. I trust you can find other non-denigrating ways to get your point across in the future. It's not that difficult.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Is it possible to splice Givens and Sted... I'd love to combine their best qualities together and form one receiver.

Those drops by Givens were brutal yesterday. Fuck.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
When did Mizzou get their shutdown corners? Am I missing something? Isn't anyone else a little concerned about Evans? 4 catches for 8 yards in a really big game?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Seems Givens started to take a step forward towards the end of last year because his route tree grew, and he was becoming a reliable target. I'm not sure what the problem is with him this year, but he's already got as many drops as he did during all of last year. Maybe he's in his own head, maybe he's easily frustrated, or maybe his small hands are always going to be his greatest limitation. He can still take the top off of a defense, but that's really only something you can do 2-3 times a game. For someone who averages just about 5 targets a game (last year and this year), he's gonna have to make them all count. If not, he'll continue to see his role reduced, I guess.

RamEERS

Pastor
might i remind everyone of this drop that could've changed the game...

825182457.gif

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
825182457.gif
everything went wrong on that play. Stacy and Long collided or they pick up the blitz and and its an easy td. Long bangs his head and out for game. shyte

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
In a word? No. If I saw it I would certainly call them out on it. Not trying to be an a-hole here but I think most of us love this site because we don't have that kind of crap going on here and KNOW the posters or mods won't just let that stuff go unchecked.

hfkurt13

UDFA
the rest of this season we should be starting Quick and Bailey. Givens is average and pettis is what he is. Quick looks good and so does bailey. give these guys a legitimate shot. if they dont work out then i say lets get Watkins. a matter fact lets get Watkins and cut or trade givens or pettis

duckhunter

Starter
Is refuse more acceptable?:wink:

I like Givens but his hands are suspect. He's improved quite a bit on the short stuff from last year but Killer doesn't seem to have the arm for long darts although he appears to want to wing it more than SB.

Maybe somebody separates himself in the few remaining games.

Psycho_X

Legend

825182457.gif

I just don't understand why he did the backflip, dramatic catch like he did. The Whiner fell down and all he had to do was jump straight up a little to make a catch and possibly turn around and get a touchdown. There was another catch a little later where he did like this forward flip trying to catch an easy ball. It's like a ball comes his way and he panics and goes all ninja on it for no reason.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I have not seen Givens make a play on a ball since......ever????

If he is open and running free and the ball is in front of him no problem, most of the time. However put him in traffic and he has alligator arms or he falls down or something, always something. Like the non catch on the sideline last week where all he had to do was stand there and catch the ball. Don't know if he thought he was about to get hit or what but he lifts his left foot and steps out of bounds. And, if he is hurt then get off the field. He slipped yesterday came limping back to the huddle instead of going to the sideline.

Bailey seems to want the ball, will fight for it and will fight for YAC. I can't imagine the coaching staff has not seen all of this