If there is a surprise at #19, what might that be?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Players that I could see the Rams interested in, that I may not be too excited about if they choose

1. Xavier Worthy - they missed on Tavon and Tutu, but Snead seems to love speed, despite their best receivers not having it. I’d be disappointed in the risk.

2. Brian Thomas- they reportedly had interest in Mike Evans form Tampa. So maybe they are looking for a taller receiver. I don’t see them in the same light but then I didn’t see Tutu being good at all. So I don’t look at it the same as the Rams. For a field stretcher I’d rather them take one later in the draft.

3. J.C.Lathama- rookie OLT would get them past the duration of the two guard contracts by two years. I think this is a strong case for them drafting one. Also, some are reporting that the NFL loves Latham. I just think that there is risk involved and other OLTs that actually played the position, may be still be on the board. I think I’d prefer Mims if they go that route. . I could see Latham as Big Robs replacement. But will any OLT drafted be an instant contributor during a Super Bowl window being open?

4. The top four edges- I won’t be disappointed if they take one. It’s understandable. However, each of the three come with some questions. It will feel like a need pick to me when it’s likely that better, cleaner prospects are on the board.

5. A QB- Again, I’d understand the thinking, I just don’t think Nix or Penix are worth taking in round 1. However, if Stafford privately said he’s giving them one or two more years, I’d understand them taking a stab. I just keep thinking about McVay’s relationship with Goff. Do either even compare favorably to Goff in college?

I don’t believe in the depth of this draft. So if there was a way the rams could trade back and get an extra second round pick, I’d be fine with it depending on who is on the board at 19. But if it only nets them an extra third, I’d rather they made the pick.

It is possible that a team at the top of round two would want to trade next years first and this years second to move up. If it’s a team that is not projected to be very good in the 2024 season ( Panthers, Patriots, or Commodes) , I’d hate to wait a year, but it could end up being a great move for the Rams. Especially if there were some top 5 edges coming out next year.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Players that I could see the Rams interested in, that I may not be too excited about if they choose

1. Xavier Worthy - they missed on Tavon and Tutu, but Snead seems to love speed, despite their best receivers not having it. I’d be disappointed in the risk.

2. Brian Thomas- they reportedly had interest in Mike Evans form Tampa. So maybe they are looking for a taller receiver. I don’t see them in the same light but then I didn’t see Tutu being good at all. So I don’t look at it the same as the Rams. For a field stretcher I’d rather them take one later in the draft.

3. J.C.Lathama- rookie OLT would get them past the duration of the two guard contracts by two years. I think this is a strong case for them drafting one. Also, some are reporting that the NFL loves Latham. I just think that there is risk involved and other OLTs that actually played the position, may be still be on the board. I think I’d prefer Mims if they go that route. . I could see Latham as Big Robs replacement. But will any OLT drafted be an instant contributor during a Super Bowl window being open?

4. The top four edges- I won’t be disappointed if they take one. It’s understandable. However, each of the three come with some questions. It will feel like a need pick to me when it’s likely that better, cleaner prospects are on the board.

5. A QB- Again, I’d understand the thinking, I just don’t think Nix or Penix are worth taking in round 1. However, if Stafford privately said he’s giving them one or two more years, I’d understand them taking a stab. I just keep thinking about McVay’s relationship with Goff. Do either even compare favorably to Goff in college?

I don’t believe in the depth of this draft. So if there was a way the rams could trade back and get an extra second round pick, I’d be fine with it depending on who is on the board at 19. But if it only nets them an extra third, I’d rather they made the pick.

It is possible that a team at the top of round two would want to trade next years first and this years second to move up. If it’s a team that is not projected to be very good in the 2024 season ( Panthers, Patriots, or Commodes) , I’d hate to wait a year, but it could end up being a great move for the Rams. Especially if there were some top 5 edges coming out next year.
1. Yuck.

2. Would much rather take Thomas then Worthy. Still has the speed but has the size and was a better deep threat then Worth, by a margin. At minimum, Thomas would be the best deep threat we have had in a many years. I do not want them to draft him, but I could easily see why McVay would.

3. Yuck as well. Would he help at all this season? Most teams could bump their rookie OT inside for the year to learn, we have high end interior OL, so that won't work.

4. Assuming your 4 is Chop? This is likely where they should go with the draft unless they believe in Braswell, Trice, or E.Cooper (being a high end edge) in the 2nd.

5. I get this pick also, but, again, zero contribution this season. The team knows we have a very limited window for Superbowl Stafford and Kupp. We need to improve this season to have a legit shot at a ring.

I'm with you, the depth isn't great after about the 4th round. I'm all for trading later picks to get earlier ones or even picks from next year. I want to watch us win another SuperBowl

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The biggest realistic surprise is AD Mitchell. I think he has the making of the next alpha dogv in a receiver room. Brian Thomas too, but less surprising.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
The biggest surprise at #19?
That they actually make a pick there!!

Second biggest surprise?
They pick an OT.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
1. Yuck.

2. Would much rather take Thomas then Worthy. Still has the speed but has the size and was a better deep threat then Worth, by a margin. At minimum, Thomas would be the best deep threat we have had in a many years. I do not want them to draft him, but I could easily see why McVay would.

3. Yuck as well. Would he help at all this season? Most teams could bump their rookie OT inside for the year to learn, we have high end interior OL, so that won't work.

4. Assuming your 4 is Chop? This is likely where they should go with the draft unless they believe in Braswell, Trice, or E.Cooper (being a high end edge) in the 2nd.

5. I get this pick also, but, again, zero contribution this season. The team knows we have a very limited window for Superbowl Stafford and Kupp. We need to improve this season to have a legit shot at a ring.

I'm with you, the depth isn't great after about the 4th round. I'm all for trading later picks to get earlier ones or even picks from next year. I want to watch us win another SuperBowl
4 is Chop. I recently read an article on Turf Show Times that profiled the typical edge types that the Rams drafted over the years. It included players like Ogbo, Mathis, Young, Ebukam, etc….Every single one of them is a Chop Robinson clone, athletically and in body type. . But he is higher rated than them. I’d even include Dante Fowler in that list.

None of those guys were Rams first round picks, but if Snead does actually have a type, then Chop has to be in consideration.

I heard something interesting from PFF just now in Monson’s two round mock. He was debating between Latu and D.Turner for the Falcon’s first pick. He said that the Rams dropped OLBs into coverage more than any team in the league last year. So he’s assuming that Raheem will continue to value that. Turner was always dropping into coverage. Braswell was the pocket pusher. Latu dropped into coverage a lot also. So either could be the pick. He mentioned Chop Robinson also. He said Verse is the best compromise to do both.

So. Does this mean Shula will value an edge that can drop into coverage a lot? If so, Latu, Turner, and Chop could all be in play for the Rams. Chop has crazy athleticism, plus leadership. I refuse to rule him out as an option.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
4 is Chop. I recently read an article on Turf Show Times that profiled the typical edge types that the Rams drafted over the years. It included players like Ogbo, Mathis, Young, Ebukam, etc….Every single one of them is a Chop Robinson clone, athletically and in body type. . But he is higher rated than them. I’d even include Dante Fowler in that list.

None of those guys were Rams first round picks, but if Snead does actually have a type, then Chop has to be in consideration.

I heard something interesting from PFF just now in Monson’s two round mock. He was debating between Latu and D.Turner for the Falcon’s first pick. He said that the Rams dropped OLBs into coverage more than any team in the league last year. So he’s assuming that Raheem will continue to value that. Turner was always dropping into coverage. Braswell was the pocket pusher. Latu dropped into coverage a lot also. So either could be the pick. He mentioned Chop Robinson also. He said Verse is the best compromise to do both.

So. Does this mean Shula will value an edge that can drop into coverage a lot? If so, Latu, Turner, and Chop could all be in play for the Rams. Chop has crazy athleticism, plus leadership. I refuse to rule him out as an option.
I'm not entirely against drafting Chop. What I am against is drafting him at 19. Trade back makes it much more acceptable to me.