If there is a surprise at #19, what might that be?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Rams never seem to do what I think they’ll do. And… when they pick, they rarely pick from the “best available” lists scrolling on the screen.

I expect #19 to be no different.

All the top players mocked to be available at our pick… my gut says we’re not picking them. If we pick at 19 it will be someone we don’t expect. If we trade down, it will be the same… a pick that “sort of” surprises.

That’s my best guess anyway. Bring on the draft!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
1713184838399.png

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Brock Bowers to give Stafford and McVay's offense another big-time weapon.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
CGI,
Love your first sentence, couldn't have said it better myself !!

I have done some thinking about this and I wouldn't be all that floored if the Rams picked MICHEAL PENIX.

Just seems to be a McSnead thing to do...

~ArkyRamsFan~

Oyster

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've steeled myself for just about anything. A QB might raise my eyebrows a bit.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
The only pick that would surprise me, would also disappoint me…
A running back.

Otherwise, every position is in play, including QB. Yes, I could even see a scenario in which a QB the Rams like is there or close to the pick at #19. As for the actual player the Rams select, regardless of position, we just have to trust the Rams FO.

jap

Legend
The Horns employ their own analytics, and, given the success they have had at drafting compared to other teams within the last seven drafts, who can blame them.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Maybe a trade down? Although knowing their history would that be a surprise? I'd be surprised if they picked a quarterback. Because they would indicate Stafford isn't planning on finishing his contract. I still think he sticks around for the next 3 years.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
CGI,
Love your first sentence, couldn't have said it better myself !!

I have done some thinking about this and I wouldn't be all that floored if the Rams picked MICHEAL PENIX.

Just seems to be a McSnead thing to do...

~ArkyRamsFan~
This is what I was thinking last night. Penix is described as a world class leader, one of the most accurate throwers some have ever seen, and athletic. I could absolutely see a scenario where Stafford has told them his timeline and they just think Penix is as close to what they want going forward as any QB in this draft. I have a feeling that Penix and/or Nix go sooner then most experts are predicting however. Are Denver and Las Vegas really going to roll the dice and hope they fall to their picks in the 2nd if they love them?

On one hand, I really like Penix and think he would be pretty great in our system, on the other hand (hopefully) he would not contribute at all this season, which doesn't improve our team for the playoffs.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Snead and McVay will want an impact player if they stay at 19. If they don't feel there's a player like that then they try and trade down. You can always move down a couple spots, then move down again if you want to. I think they'll be patient and see if a player falls to them, if not then a trade down maybe out of the first round.
Now Bowers could fall to the Rams and he would be hard to pass up.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Snead and McVay will want an impact player if they stay at 19. If they don't feel there's a player like that then they try and trade down. You can always move down a couple spots, then move down again if you want to. I think they'll be patient and see if a player falls to them, if not then a trade down maybe out of the first round.
Now Bowers could fall to the Rams and he would be hard to pass up.
I mean, you need a trade partner. There are tons of times teams want to trade out of their spot and no one trade partner materializes.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Rams never seem to do what I think they’ll do. And… when they pick, they rarely pick from the “best available” lists scrolling on the screen.

I expect #19 to be no different.

All the top players mocked to be available at our pick… my gut says we’re not picking them. If we pick at 19 it will be someone we don’t expect. If we trade down, it will be the same… a pick that “sort of” surprises.

That’s my best guess anyway. Bring on the draft!
Before the 2023 draft, I sort of bailed on the deep dive into prospects. The result was that I had no expectations going into the draft. Which also means no disappointment too.

Yet here I am again, back at it, and more involved than ever. I have a feeling that I am setting myself up like in so many other drafts.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Also if Thomas is sitting there at 19 I don't think McVay will be able to help himself. That's a big, fast target to stretch defenses.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Biggest surprise for me is a qb or trade up

Secondary surprise is a rb or ilb

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
I think we're pretty ready for anything including them picking a QB...so that means a QB being the pick wouldn't be a surprise.

How about this for a surprise: an aggressive move up for one of the top 4 QBs!

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I think we're pretty ready for anything including them picking a QB...so that means a QB being the pick wouldn't be a surprise.

How about this for a surprise: an aggressive move up for one of the top 4 QBs!
That would be a surprise and huge disappointment at the same time. Imagine moving heaven and earth to get up to 4 to take McCarthy, a guy that was in a ton of early mocks to us at 19. Yuck.