I Want Stafford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would not go out and try to get an established NFL QB until:
1] The Oine issues get fixed
2] The OC issues get fixed
3] The HC issues get fixed

To acquire any experienced NFL talent before these things happen will only result in ruining said talent.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I would not go out and try to get an established NFL QB until:
1] The Oine issues get fixed
2] The OC issues get fixed
3] The HC issues get fixed

To acquire any experienced NFL talent before these things happen will only result in ruining said talent.

Gotta agree with you, even though I do think the OL is going to be fine after another camp and offseason given the guys they brought in this past draft. At this point, however, no matter who they add or trade for at QB I find myself assuming he'll play like garbage.

I would add that I am guilty of overestimating the talent we have at wideout and TE. This team needs at least one truly talented, difference making WR. They need a TE who can add value every snap in blocking but still be able to get out in the pattern and mismatch vs LBs. They basically need to realign their roster to what their professed identity will be: big and physical.

But yeah, I have zero faith in this offensive brain trust (coaching staff) as well. It's a sad deal man.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gotta agree with you, even though I do think the OL is going to be fine after another camp and offseason given the guys they brought in this past draft. At this point, however, no matter who they add or trade for at QB I find myself assuming he'll play like garbage.

I would add that I am guilty of overestimating the talent we have at wideout and TE. This team needs at least one truly talented, difference making WR. They need a TE who can add value every snap in blocking but still be able to get out in the pattern and mismatch vs LBs. They basically need to realign their roster to what their professed identity will be: big and physical.

But yeah, I have zero faith in this offensive brain trust (coaching staff) as well. It's a sad deal man.
I'm not so sure about the Oline.

Consider:
1] Saffold's health is unreliable
2] It's just too early to assume who we have on that line is going to be good.

When they all were starting (Saffold, Robinson, Havenstrin, Brown) they weren't really doing that great. Now, you can say it was too early to know much and I'd agree.

I guess what I'm saying is... it's still too early.

And I'm not sure about overestimating WRs and TEs.

I honestly believe this has much more to do with Fisher and his offensive philosophy and how antiquated it is. Just no imagination and far too predictable.

Cignetti is just the guy who has to try to execute the simplistic vision Fisher has on offense.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
You know what bothers me the most? So many folks continue to believe that replacing a single player or even 2 will make a difference. When I say difference, I'm not referring to a game or two, I'm speaking about a REAL difference. When are folks going to figure out that until they build an offense from the line on back, this team will remain as it is and has been over the past 4 years plus. Look at this offensive line, or better yet, look at what's left of it....how in the world we can keep twisting ourselves up with the never ending hope and change philosophy of (Gurley will save us, or Welker will make a difference or when they figure out what to do with Tavon), yada, yada, yada is beyond me.

This isn't about Foles, or Cook or even Robinson specifically....although heaven knows they and others have disappointed. Instead, the reasons are basic, we've spoken about them all year long, the list is well known and so I won't bother to list them again....you know what they are (or should by now)....so why do we punish ourselves with pixey dust dreams about other failing or suspect players, i.e., Stafford? Is that actually going to enable receivers to get open or make a catch or protect the QB? Is this how Harbaugh did it?.... Is this how Carroll did it?... is this how Arians is doing it?..... Is this how Belicheat has done it for over a decade?

Is this whole mess really any mystery? Haven't we seen and heard enough bs from this coaching staff & GM to gag a maggot? The results speak for themselves. We know Fisher's history, we've seen the results of his philosopy over the past 20 years....do any of you see one grain of difference in either his approach or results? How long must we wait to see effective change and growth from this team? How long must we be bull shitted with assurances of "we're going to fix that?" Fisher "almost" got it right in his (after game of misery) excuse session of we didn't play well....(no shit), when he said; "we were out played and out coached"...instead, he should have just said; "we lost because we were out coached, unprepared and undisciplined"....

Oh and now I suppose the team will hit the road and whether they win or lose (they) will play hard and everyone will smile and say they're getting better and site once again the tired excuses of losers....citing youth, injuries, bad breaks, untimely calls or missed opportunities....it's always something with this team, the excuses or as some prefer, (explanations) are as forth coming as a tropical rain forest. Sadly, we've heard it all too often before to really be believed as that OLE tired definition of insanity rings loudly once again......

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm not so sure about the Oline.

Consider:
1] Saffold's health is unreliable
2] It's just too early to assume who we have on that line is going to be good.

When they all were starting (Saffold, Robinson, Havenstrin, Brown) they weren't really doing that great. Now, you can say it was too early to know much and I'd agree.

I guess what I'm saying is... it's still too early.

And I'm not sure about overestimating WRs and TEs.

I honestly believe this has much more to do with Fisher and his offensive philosophy and how antiquated it is. Just no imagination and far too predictable.

Cignetti is just the guy who has to try to execute the simplistic vision Fisher has on offense.

I make the assumption that Saffold is gone, the line actually played better with Reynolds in there and as you said they cannot rely on Roger. GRob is having a rough season thus far but worst case he will be able to start at OG in place of Saffold, they get Brown back next season with another camp under his belt and the injury was just a break so no worries there. And Havenstein is solid already at RT, losing him is a big blow to this line even for half a game. Rams might need to find a LT still, I would not rule it out yet but IMO they are very close to having a good line they just need to catch some luck on the injury front with that unit. Rule of averages has to be in their favor at some point. That leaves Center, which they're fine at with their guy of the future likely backing up Barnes.

The offensive staff is just terrible in terms of its ability to get that unit ready. Schotty was just plain terrible and while Cigs did some good things early on it seems like the league has caught up to what he was doing and he's been getting his butt handed to him weekly by DCs. How much of that is Fish I don't know, but IMO it doesn't matter since Fish is the one who hires the OCs. He chose Schotty and then kept him around which basically ensured he would have a plodding and unimaginative offense for 3 years. He failed to attract any of the top OCs he was reportedly interested in interviewing after Schotty left. He chose Cigs which thus far is not working out either. So yeah, Fish deserves the blame regardless.

My question is what is his plan to get this offense fixed? Is there going to be accountability at ANY LEVEL? He has yet to sit even one player. Ridiculous IMO.