I Want Stafford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Not just because I'm a Georgia fan, I think he would be a MASSIVE upgrade at the position. Has a deep ball that would make defenders back off. I wonder what we could trade to get him.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I don't trust Stafford. Not sure he's any better than average without the best wideout in the game to throw to.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't trust Stafford. Not sure he's any better than average without the best wideout in the game to throw to.

I didn't know Julio player for the Lions?? Seriously though his O-line is worse than ours and he has more talent in his left foot than Foles has in his whole body. I bring up Stafford because I think he's a player we could actually get.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I didn't know Julio player for the Lions?? Seriously though his O-line is worse than ours and he has more talent in his left foot than Foles has in his whole body. I bring up Stafford because I think he's a player we could actually get.
That's kind of my point. Now that Megatron is no longer the singular dominant force in the NFL, Stafford isn't putting up the crazy numbers he's put up in his career. Agree that he's head and shoulders better than Foles, but I don't think he's the answer long term.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
He'd be a definite upgrade over what the Rams currently have. But that doesn't mean he is the answer. I would rather look elsewhere so that we can hopefully get a QB to move forward with. If such a QB is not currently out there, either via the draft or pulling a trade, then I would not mind Stafford as a band-aid / stop-gap measure at the QB position. Kind of like Foles was supposed to be....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stafford is like Cutler. And I pounded the table for Cutler last year. I don't care if they're not elite guys, they're serviceable starting QBs. I'm not giving up a first for Stafford.(due to the contract) But I'd trade a 2nd for him...no doubt.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
I didn't know Antonio Brown player for the Lions?? Seriously though his O-line is worse than ours and he has more talent in his left foot than Foles has in his whole body. I bring up Stafford because I think he's a player we could actually get.

fixed

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Why would Detroit trade him?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
They have a lot of needs at a lot of positions. They need as many draft picks as they can get.

Yeah, but trading him would create another position of need... the most difficult position to fill.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I also want to say that Stafford beat the Packers today with a running game that had less than 50 yards. Imagine if he had a guy like Gurley to force defenses to respect the play action.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I also want to say that Stafford beat the Packers today with a running game that had less than 50 yards. Imagine if he had a guy like Gurley to force defenses to respect the play action.

The Lions beat the Packers today. Not Stafford.
Defense held them to 16 points.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
The Lions beat the Packers today. Not Stafford.
Defense held them to 16 points.

Well when all 3 running backs combine for 33 yards on 22 carries I'll give credit for a QB that goes for 242 yards and 2 TDs with 1 INT.

iced

would gladly take stafford despite his struggles..

believe he is a better qb than foles

Memphis Ram

Legend
Well when all 3 running backs combine for 33 yards on 22 carries I'll give credit for a QB that goes for 242 yards and 2 TDs with 1 INT.

With Calvin Johnson and Golden Taint (set up 1 TD with a great run after catch for 43 yards) who are better than the Rams WRs. And one of those running backs, Abdullah, ran a kickoff back to the Packers 1 yard line which led to the other TD pass.

Either way, it's still a team game.

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

Average would be a huge upgrade over what we have now. With that said, I don't see Detroit trading him. I think they hoped for more than he's done since they drafted him, but they know finding a QB better would be futile. Those QB's aren't out there. And if there was a quality QB, no team would let him go.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams just need to draft a QB every year until they hit on the position. Raiders found their franchise QB in the second round, the Packers got theirs in the late first round (the 20s) ffs. Rams are no longer rebuilding their entire roster, take an effin QB every single year even if they have to maneuver to get the guy they want. It's worth the sacrifice until you fill that position.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'll still pound the table for Mannion whom we already have and that we use the top picks on a dominant WR or TE. Heck, do for the skill position next year what we did for the OL this year and keep drafting WR and TEs.

Make TC an open comp for the QB spot and I bet Mannion wins and inspires confidence in Rams fans in so doing.