I just rewatched "Los Angeles Rams: All or Nothing" from 2016

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I don't recommend it, hahaha....

Actually, it is interesting to see just how different the organization was then. To me it kinda marks an end of that looooong era of older, retreaded coaches that, IMO had begun to really lose touch with the modern game.

I know Fisher wasn't as old as many of his colleagues then, but he still came from that old school mind set and I just don't think it landed with current players. Also, Fisher had such an arrogant, yet corny ass persona. I don't miss it.

As hard as it was to watch that series, it solidified in my mind how lucky we are to have McVay and company. This has truly been a golden age of Rams football that I hope continues for another decade.

Last edited:

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Thanks for the rec. I missed it the first time. I'll be sure to miss it again.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
My lowest point ever as a Rams fan was from December 4 to December 12, 2016. Rams were nearing the end of yet ANOTHER losing season. Rumors were swirling that the Rams were going to give Fisher a new 2-year extension through 2018. Some bullshit about how he "helped guide the transition from St. Louis to LA" and he deserved some more time. We'd already endured 12 non-winning seasons in a row, and I couldn't stand the idea of another 2 years without hope...

Thank God the Rams recognized that they'd stalled out with Fisher. A good guy and a decent defensive coach, but hopelessly lost with a modern offense.

And then McVay saved us.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was actually encouraged by Fishers hiring. After Spags, I needed someone as a coach that had a little credibility. I agree, too many losing seasons, but he played our division rivals tough…and he had a decent nose for talent. Fisher had some big misses in the draft, but he also
hit on a few….Brockers, AD, Tru, Janoris, Ogletree, laurenitis, and Goff and Gurley, also Zurlein Many of those players played in McVay’s first Super Bowl. I am ecstatic that Sean is our coach, but Fisher played a role in our improvement.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I remember the end of the Fisher era, Rams were still new to L.A (2nd time around) and they were nearly unwatchable to any but the most loyal. It was a marketing mess and Fisher was all but gone. We had season tix from the first season of the return and I was at Fishers final game @ the Coliseum. The disdain was palpable and Fisher was the target of visceral displays of anger, frustration and misery. "Fire Fisher echoed through our section and finally he was gone with the darkness soon to be lifted. Those were tough times

TexasRam

Legend
I was actually encouraged by Fishers hiring. After Spags, I needed someone as a coach that had a little credibility. I agree, too many losing seasons, but he played our division rivals tough…and he had a decent nose for talent. Fisher had some big misses in the draft, but he also
hit on a few….Brockers, AD, Tru, Janoris, Ogletree, laurenitis, and Goff and Gurley, also Zurlein Many of those players played in McVay’s first Super Bowl. I am ecstatic that Sean is our coach, but Fisher played a role in our improvement.
Agreed. People might forget just how inept and pathetic we were before Fisher. It was miserable.

He got us to 7-9 bullshit which was actually much better then 4-12 embarrassment.

We had some players, a dangerous defense, and could upset good teams.

But Fisher was not an offensive guy at all. We needed an offense.

Mcvay was the perfect hire. Injected a top offense and handed the D off to Wade Phillips.

Fisher did draft Donald however. Mcvay has reaped the benefit of having greatest defensive player of all time on the other side of the ball -- a player that secured numerous big game victories including the Super Bowl win. A player that was rarely injured.

Now we get to see what life looks like for Mcvay without the Donald factor.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Totally agree.

I was a big fan of Fisher for a couple years. He definitely helped us improve from a laughingstock to at least mediocre. And yes I give Fisher credit for building a decent roster.

But by his fourth year I just no longer could defend him. I went to Levi's for the 28-0 blowout loss on opening day. That game convinced me that Fisher couldn't take us beyond mediocre. By the end of that crappy 4-12 season, I just couldn't stand the idea of Fisher anymore.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
My lowest point ever as a Rams fan was from December 4 to December 12, 2016. Rams were nearing the end of yet ANOTHER losing season. Rumors were swirling that the Rams were going to give Fisher a new 2-year extension through 2018. Some bullshit about how he "helped guide the transition from St. Louis to LA" and he deserved some more time. We'd already endured 12 non-winning seasons in a row, and I couldn't stand the idea of another 2 years without hope...

Thank God the Rams recognized that they'd stalled out with Fisher. A good guy and a decent defensive coach, but hopelessly lost with a modern offense.

And then McVay saved us.

Do you know why he was FIRED ? He still got paid that extra year & Les Snead wasn’t going to resinged

tempests

Hall of Fame
Anything was better than the 1-15 dross served up by Spags.
Fisher's last year wasn't all that different. Started out the season with a 28-0 loss to SF and ended it getting blown out 44-6 by the Cardinals. Only won one of the last twelve games. Finishing last in almost every offensive category.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Fisher's last year wasn't all that different. Started out the season with a 28-0 loss to SF and ended it getting blown out 44-6 by the Cardinals. Only won one of the last twelve games. Finishing last in almost every offensive category.
Yeah that was a brutal year, in large part because better was expected.

Fisher wasn't around for the season-ending blowout to Arizona. He was fired several weeks earlier.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I wanted fisher gone before a ball was kicked in the regular season. Putting Goff in street clothes for the 1st game and his ludicrous reason for it was enough for me before the game even started. Then to watch that awful offense in action was just over the top horrible for any Rams fan.

And it never got better during the season. When word came out he was gonna get a one year extension I prayed it was just a thank you for the move. Thankfully that was the case because nobody would want that guy as a hc after the garbage he put on the field that season.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
… because you had to use the end of a teaspoon to unwind the tape after it got caught in your VHS player?

Youngsters. Don’t know that they were born. :laugh4:
Man, if you are referring to me as a youngster, then lord bless ya. I was an Atari 2600 playin, antenna adjustin, 3 channel watchin human when the Rams first bit me. Still remember those VHS and Betamax players tho....

Be kind, rewind!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Watching Mcvay’s first year Super Bowl.

3rd qtr 0-3 & Johnny kicks a record punt.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Suh playing LT//DE

Peter’s playing Edelman tough

8 punts in a row for Ram & 2nd drive was 5- plays for 17 yards & only down 3-0 to NE.
1 drive for 2:17 seconds on 3 plays minus 2:17 seconds longest time of possession through almost 3qrts.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Suh playing LT//DE

Peter’s playing Edelman tough

8 punts in a row for Ram & 2nd drive was 5- plays for 17 yards & only down 3-0 to NE.
1 drive for 2:17 seconds on 3 plays minus 2:17 seconds longest time of possession through almost 3qrts.
CJ Anderson 1st & ten then Cooks for 15 at the 50yrd line.
CJ for another 4 yards to the 46.
2nd down Austin Blythe just got beat @ RG to force Goff to just get rid of the ball.3rd & 7. Goff throws a dart to Woods(Bobby trees) for 15 at the 30.

Mcvay doesn’t get the play in on time(Zach Taylor) & a time out on 1st - 10 at 30 yard line w/3:42 left in the game.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Goff throws late for a TD, the CB Mccourty does a Ronnie Lott & comes across to deflect the pass
for a TD . Had The POLY/Oregon kid beat Chung beat from the start of the play.
Cooks could have run for ever but had to stop because he was in the End Zone waiting for the pass.

Great play