How good is it to be Russell Wilson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LooNaTik83

I don't know what I hate more. Russell Wilson or his haircut. His do was beyond distracting in today's game.

Last edited by a moderator:

jjab360

Legend
I wouldn't say he has to do basically nothing. That team (Seattle) does nothing with Colt McCoy or Christian Ponder at QB.
I don't know X, Ponder took a much weaker team (outside of Peterson) to the playoffs once. Yeah he sucks, but Seattle definitely isn't a QB driven team. They're still really good with or without Wilson, imo.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I think Wilson is a pretty good QB, great inside and outside the pocket, knows when to scramble, goes through his reads..good arm strength

Has a few shady moments but it's only his third year

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
I have to admit Russell Wilson has earned my respect. He doesn't have the prototypical measurements that everyone looks for in a quarterback these days but he gets it done through smarts, hard work, time in the film room, ect. And after all his success, he still remains humble. The polar opposite of those dickhead quarterbacks for the whiners and foreskins. If he had Sherman's mouth, it would be easy to hate him. So in the end, I respect him as a worthy opponent with class. As for the team as a whole, fuck them and the seabird they rode in on.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Wilson doesn't force anything, that's what makes him good. If a play goes to shit he throws it away or runs. He knows he's got a great D and running game, so he doesn't have to do it all. GB looked like they were still in preseason mode.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
How good is Russell Wilson? I sure wish he was a Ram!
hi-res-454237379-connor-cook-of-the-michigan-state-spartans-celebrates-a_crop_north.jpg

bluecoconuts

Legend
Wilson rarely has to do shit, just not turn the ball over and let the defense do the heavy lifting. If he was on another team he's likely riding the pine. He's a good guy, but people talking about him like he's a top 5 QB is ridiculous. The defense and the running game does all the work for him. He's in a good situation, right place right time.

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wouldn't say he has to do basically nothing. That team (Seattle) does nothing with Colt McCoy or Christian Ponder at QB.

That team would be just fine with either QB you mention.

Would they win it all?

I've seen QB's as bad win titles so I don't know but they still will 11 games with either of those guys.

Just by not turning it over they have a 90% chance of beating anybody....at home it's about 99%.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Wilson's a good QB, but the top 5 talk is not accurate. He's more than a game manager, maybe game manager with skill is how I'd put it. Solid fundamental defensive line play, and suddenly he is as mortal as anyone else.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Wilson is extremely over rated, he is a glorified game manager that can scramble a little bit. There is nothing special about his abilities, he makes smart decisions thats it. If he had no run game he would look aweful, Wilson is a product if a great team around him.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I don't know X, Ponder took a much weaker team (outside of Peterson) to the playoffs once. Yeah he sucks, but Seattle definitely isn't a QB driven team. They're still really good with or without Wilson, imo.

I kind of agree here although I think Wilson is better but I also think he is slightly overrated. I would like to see what he would of done if he was playing for the Rams or Vikings or some team like that.