Here's why this year we emerge!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
. . . and The Mighty One will have about 27 to 28 of those?:sneaky:
I'd say "23" minimum! What ever it takes to break the record bye the end of the season! And make people stop talking about JJ Watt!:D

jap

Legend
I'd say "23" minimum! What ever it takes to break the record bye the end of the season! And make people stop talking about JJ Watt!:D

I was thinking of The Mighty One breaking Deacon Jones' unofficial 'minimum' of 26 sacks in a season. The hell with the NFL record!: the Horns have a higher standard!!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Because this is the "stop thinking and start reacting" year of Gregg Williams' defense. This will literally be the thing that takes them from upper-middle of the pack defense to top 5. Don't even worry about what you saw in preseason, because it looks nothing like what they were doing towards the end of 2014. And pay extra close attention to the blitzes that are getting people all crazy (e.g., "he blitzes too much"). I went back and watched a few games last night, and his blitzes aren't always intended to get any particular player(s) after the QB by creating numbers mismatches. A bunch of them are designed to blitz "into a formation" for one-on-one pass-rush opportunities without bringing free rushers (dropping into coverage post-snap). Getting those one-on-ones gives the 4 down linemen a huge upper hand, and this is the way he creates those one-on-ones.

RamWoodie

Legend
I like the optimism folks...but having not seen much of training camp because of working all the time, I'm reserved until tomorrow when it all counts!

I see a team that can emerge if the youth of it comes to the forefront...and there's no doubt the Rams have a lot of goof young talent.

There are 3 guys on defense I'm going to watch hard tomorrow:

1. Janoris Jenkins - Is he still susceptible to the pump fake? I really like his instincts...but if he can overcome that...standby!

2. TJ McDonald - This kid has done nothing but show he has the intelligence and physicality to be great.

3. Trumaine Johnson - The Rams "big corner" size wise, who is fundamentally sound, to see if he too, will take the next step.

On Offense:

1. Havenstein - He's pegged to start as a rookie against the NFC Champs...it's going to tell us something.

2. GRob - Does he show it's all coming together for him.

3. Nick Foles - He didn't get a *lot* of time in preseason...but he's shown he is a leader, stepping in and quickly being elected a captain...NOW...let's see it in real time.

Lastly the WRs have to show they now have arrived and can rise to the occasion...ALL OF THEM! I'm in particular wanting to see Brian Quick.

For me...IT COMES DOWN TO THE COACHING STAFF WITH ALL THIS YOUTH!!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I was thinking of The Mighty One breaking Deacon Jones' unofficial 'minimum' of 26 sacks in a season. The hell with the NFL record!: the Horns have a higher standard!!!
I see!!! I'm totally on board with your! But he will need to develop 'Deacon's' attitude towards QB's! " ..End their Career's!!"

ohiorams

Rookie
Well,what ever emerge means?
Rams will have a better year because Kam Is Out Of Seattle and SF sucks this time and it's the Chinese year of the Ram. The Cards will fall apart no matter how good they do in the season.
But beyond that the Rams won't have enough in the playoffs

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Because Fisher has rope-a-doped the league for 3 years and now has them right where he wants them.

Because...by golly...it's THEIR turn.

Because Emperor Belichick has taken the young Jedi Fisher and made him his dark apprentice. There will now be cheating in the game plan.

Because Aaron Donald is hungry and he's gonna eat.

Because they have made Todd Gurley better than he was...better, stronger...faster. (okay--older guys will get it).

Because Chris Long and James Laurinaitis have pies and they WILL use them.

Because if they don't neither L.A. OR St. Louis will want them and Stan will have to sign on with Ringling Brothers as a kind of travelling act which changes homefield weekly.

And finally....

Because.....I'm gettin' too old for this shit.

jap

Legend
It took me three games into the 1999 season before I got that deliciously supremely confident feeling that "this is our year!" I will wait a few games to see if that beautiful feeling re-emerges. The defense may be on track, but the offense has to emerge before we truly have something. It wouldn't hurt to have the special teams unit join the party too. If our new OC can get Tavon and the Gurley Express rolling as big play/TD monsters, if he can get Givens to re-emerge as a prime time role player, if our young OL can gel by the 2nd half of the season, we just might be a legit SB threat.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Because we deserve to fucking win!

And also because T.J. Mac is going to emerge as an All-Pro this year.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Because Mrs. snackdaddy crunched the bumper on my pick up by running into a tree. (She says that was a stupid place to put a tree)

Last time that happened was before the 1999 season. Its an omen I tell ya.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Because we have to much talent to just keep treading water.All the pieces are in place the rebuild is over and it's time to dominate.This team will have it's core players around for years,not to mention adding talent through the draft every year.This decade long drought is coming to an end and I will enjoy every minute of it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Because Mrs. snackdaddy crunched the bumper on my pick up by running into a tree. (She says that was a stupid place to put a tree)

Last time that happened was before the 1999 season. Its an omen I tell ya.
Maybe it's time to remove that tree.