HBO

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I just called Directv and they had a 3 months free trial of HBO. Good timing! It's worth a call to see if the same deal is available to those of you that don't have HBO right now. Good Luck! I'm ready for HARD KNOCKS!!!!!!!!:yess:

Ramjam79

UDFA
Name
Ramjam
Thanks for posting Ramhusker! I just called and got the same thing. I had to pull my 17 year loyal customer card to get it though. Bring on Hard Knocks!!

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Nope shot down:mad:. I had a feeling that AT&T would mess up customer service and I was correct. Probably cancel as soon as my contract is up in February 2017

fearsomefour

Legend
Nope shot down:mad:. I had a feeling that AT&T would mess up customer service and I was correct. Probably cancel as soon as my contract is up in February 2017
Nothing has changed in that regard.
Att and Dtv, in terms of adding/removing services and promotions, are still two separate groups. You are dealing with the same folks you dealt with before. Sometimes, sadly, you just gotta pay for it.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Nothing has changed in that regard.
Att and Dtv, in terms of adding/removing services and promotions, are still two separate groups. You are dealing with the same folks you dealt with before. Sometimes, sadly, you just gotta pay for it.
No it's definitely changed. The guy answered the call saying AT&T how can I help you. Before they got bought out I would call and get sent to the retention department. They would always just give me discounts to lower my bill for at least 6 months. They would throw in NFL ticket for free! Now they won't give me a free 3 month trail run of HBO! 5 years they gave me the NFL for free but Melissa told me straight out that things are changing and they just can't be giving out free services anymore. What ever you do don't sign a two year contract because the 2nd year they won't give you anything.

Psycho_X

Legend

Haha, had this same convo in this thread i started several weeks ago in other forum...

http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/buh-bye-directv.45235/#post-763960

I've noticed a very steep downgrade in customer service since AT&T took over and is one of the number 1 reasons I cut the cord finally.

But yeah never, ever do a two year contract. And always just start by saying you want to cancel your service. Problem is it might take being transferred 2-5 times but eventually you will get someone that'll give you free sunday ticket at the moment. You just have to waste your time and patience on them which I finally ran out of.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Haha, had this same convo in this thread i started several weeks ago in other forum...

http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/buh-bye-directv.45235/#post-763960

I've noticed a very steep downgrade in customer service since AT&T took over and is one of the number 1 reasons I cut the cord finally.

But yeah never, ever do a two year contract. And always just start by saying you want to cancel your service. Problem is it might take being transferred 2-5 times but eventually you will get someone that'll give you free sunday ticket at the moment. You just have to waste your time and patience on them which I finally ran out of.
4 people I talked to in retention alone and I stopped after Melissa said that things changed. Definitely agree that things have changed for the worst. Very unfortunate that AT&T bought them out.

fearsomefour

Legend
No it's definitely changed. The guy answered the call saying AT&T how can I help you. Before they got bought out I would call and get sent to the retention department. They would always just give me discounts to lower my bill for at least 6 months. They would throw in NFL ticket for free! Now they won't give me a free 3 month trail run of HBO! 5 years they gave me the NFL for free but Melissa told me straight out that things are changing and they just can't be giving out free services anymore. What ever you do don't sign a two year contract because the 2nd year they won't give you anything.
The people you are speaking with have not changed.
The two groups, billing/promotions ect., (not necessarily sales however), are still separate for a couple of reasons.
The policy may have changed. Discounts are more based on what discounts have been given before and how long ago. So, if someone is calling every 6 months or 3 months or whatever and getting little kickers, that is going to run out.
What you are running into is the previous discounts you have received disqualifying you for what you want now.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
The people you are speaking with have not changed.
The two groups, billing/promotions ect., (not necessarily sales however), are still separate for a couple of reasons.
The policy may have changed. Discounts are more based on what discounts have been given before and how long ago. So, if someone is calling every 6 months or 3 months or whatever and getting little kickers, that is going to run out.
What you are running into is the previous discounts you have received disqualifying you for what you want now.
Fearsome you keep saying the people have not changed but nobody said they did. I said that Directv customer service isn't the same after AT&T bought them out. I consider AT&T the worst company that I have ever dealt with when it comes to customer service. They just suck. Now they are ruining Directv. I have been a customer for almost 6 years so your theory of calling every 6 months and getting better deals has run out doesn't make sense. It should have stopped years ago. I will believe what Melissa told me over the phone about the changes the being made.

fearsomefour

Legend
Fearsome you keep saying the people have not changed but nobody said they did. I said that Directv customer service isn't the same after AT&T bought them out. I consider AT&T the worst company that I have ever dealt with when it comes to customer service. They just suck. Now they are ruining Directv. I have been a customer for almost 6 years so your theory of calling every 6 months and getting better deals has run out doesn't make sense. It should have stopped years ago. I will believe what Melissa told me over the phone about the changes the being made.
What I meant by "the people" haven't changed is they are still two companies under one umbrella.
So they are still Directv employees.
Anyway, the policy has changed or is changing. So, you say you have gotten NFL Sunday ticket for free for 5 years in a row (along with other promotions I am sure)....so, there you go.
Getting an expensive product year after year for free, that is changing. Policies change. So it goes.