Goff observation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Scirca

Rookie
man...7 - 7 game in the 4th quarter...thats for Phillips...

Play calls....last few weeks I heard about callin his OWN plays at the line....I know McVay gives him plays he likes and is comfortable with....

I'm not sure who decides Watkins only needs one target...oops forgot the bomb up the sideline, WAY out of bounds....2 targets, one being the first play of game...but hey....IDK

Coaches didn't lose this game....players did.

Don't you dare defend McVay. Not once did we got for it on 4th down when we really had a chance or to at least give us a chance to extend the drive and give the defense more time to rest. He doesn't trust Goff with the game on the line, and I've been suspicious of McVay since that run call against the Cowboys that almost cost us the game.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
What did next week's "tractor" do over the last 3 years if he is a "tractor"
Threw for 5000 yards like 3 of the last 4-5 years....
Drew is a HOF'er....he's doing his best to pull a huge load in New Orleans....

Oh

He's still playing at a HOF level too...

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Don't you dare defend McVay. Not once did we got for it on 4th down when we really had a chance or to at least give us a chance to extend the drive and give the defense more time to rest. He doesn't trust Goff with the game on the line, and I've been suspicious of McVay since that run call against the Cowboys that almost cost us the game.

Omg the sky is falling lol. Relax

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I defend McVay because he's the best thing to happen since Martz and Vermiel.
He doesn't trust Goff with the game on the line, and I've been suspicious of McVay since that run call against the Cowboys that almost cost us the game.
Why would you say that?

And

Why are you so surprised?

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
First year he really didn't play
2nd year he played....and went 8-8, 17 tds.....not bad at all
3rd year fell back....
Again, if you saw Brees play....he had some fantastic moments....incredible talent...moves fantastic in the pocket. Really a good athlete....Still is...Workout warrior. Not sure what you're talkin about...
So wait...Drew Brees doesn’t play much in his first season(like Goff), then in his second season, only went 8-8 with 17 touchdowns and he’s a “tractor” his whole career? What kind of logic is that? Goff has excellent pocket movement. He avoided 3-4 sacks today just by stepping up or shuffling his feet. Do you have two eyes?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So wait...Drew Brees doesn’t play much in his first season(like Goff), then in his second season, only went 8-8 with 17 touchdowns and he’s a “tractor” his whole career? What kind of logic is that? Goff has excellent pocket movement. He avoided 3-4 sacks today just by stepping up or shuffling his feet. Do you have two eyes?
Not objective eyes when it comes to Goff.

nighttrain

Legend
Was gonna say same thing
train

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Threw for 5000 yards like 3 of the last 4-5 years....
Drew is a HOF'er....he's doing his best to pull a huge load in New Orleans....

Oh

He's still playing at a HOF level too...

.... but he could not carry his team when they needed it.... like 9 times 3 years in a row.. LOL!!

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Again, love it how you are trying to hold a 23 year old QB, making his 17th start, to the standard of a veteran HOF QB.... you are laughable.

fearsomefour

Legend
Very true, as I recall you were huge on TJ Clemmings, my biggest miss ever was Cade McNoun, thought he was the second coming...
I loved Bridgewater (miss) and David Fales (miss) loved Carr (hit).
Wanted Wentz over Goff, wanted Matthews over Grob, loved the Quick draft pick....it's all hit n miss for the most part.
What I am most impressed with Goff so far is he is poised. Holds the ball too long sometimes, but, he has made some plays by holding the ball.
He is tough and will stand in the pocket to deliver the ball. Excellent arm talent and is accurate.
Honestly the guy is in his second year and has 4 pics through 10 games. That stat is particularly impressive when you consider his YPA....it's not all check downs. This bodes so well I don't really care about Wentz or what else any other QB is doing. Goff is a gamer who has taken huge leaps in a pretty short time. After years and years and missed attempt after missed attempt the Rams have their franchise QB.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
All week I'm going to hear "Goff can't win the big game, he can't lead his team from behind". The kind of stuff @LACHAMP46 is known for around here. Nobody is going to mention just how trash McVay's playcalling and Phillips defense was today. I've never been more embarrassed rooting for this team than I was today. Our pass rush was just embarrassing, for the love of god, we made Keenum look like Houdini in the pocket, and whenever they needed to convert a 3rd down, Adam Thelein was open.

You must be new, cuz we've had more embarrassing moments than during the tryouts for American Idol.

Point is that we're improved and improving, but seems we're not there, yet.

And that's okay. The idea that 10-11 wins is remotely possible after the last few seasons is just...I don't even know.

Yes, both McVay's and Wade's game plan weren't good. And I have no idea what Quinn was doing...like at all. And our lack of DB depth is really hurting us right now.

Difference between me and Champ is that when I was "that guy" last year saying "I see what I see", a) I was right and b) it was about the coaching and system.

We honestly don't know about Goff. So far, his improvement has been remarkable. I don't think anyone can say for sure if he'll be a difference maker or just solid.

I truly believe that based on the patterns... (that old thing again), Goff is looking to be special.

Let's not forget that we're in YEAR ONE of this rebuild including new personnel and new systems on O and D.

That the playoffs are even a question or that people are upset rather than resigned over a loss is a testament to how much better this team is, how much the culture has changed and thus, how much our EXPECTATIONS have changed in less than a season.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Physically, Fisher teams were impressive...formidable looking. Stepping off the bus, those guys looked good. Offensively and defensively.

Play....not so much.

What the heck?

Play is all that matters. If looks mattered, Zeke Elliot wouldn't be allowed in a stadium...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn’t really think after today game that Goff would need defending.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agendas are a real thing.... sad.
I've seen Seahawks, Eagles and Vikings fans far more complimentary about Goff in the last 5 hours than a lot of Rams fans. It's really disappointing how far out of their way some people will go to tear down their QB and make up reasons to do so.

Ellard80

Legend
Goff played okay today.. he wasn't great but made enough plays to win.

It is a bit funny that some people would focus on Goff as a reason for the loss today...

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This is stupid.

Why are people even debating with Champ??? He isn't watching the games. Cant be. You can't be as consistently wrong about our players, or as blind to how bad others have been, and actually watch the games.
A primate brain and a pair of eyeballs are all anyone needs to see that Goff is for real. Or that Brian Quick was not... or Robinson...

So there are two possibilities - @LACHAMP46 doesn't actually watch the games, or he is an instigator who likes to push buttons with comical takes.
Either way, I like the guy and he makes this board more interesting... but its dumb to debate Rams football with him because it is a waste of time.

Goff is super impressive in his second season, 17th game. He has all the things necessary to be a great pocket passer. Goff is obviously for real. I know it, you know it McVay knows it, the opponents know it and if LACHAMP46 is the only one who doesn't? Fine.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
This is stupid.

Why are people even debating with Champ??? He isn't watching the games. Cant be. You can't be as consistently wrong about our players, or as blind to how bad others have been, and actually watch the games.
A primate brain and a pair of eyeballs are all anyone needs to see that Goff is for real. Or that Brian Quick was not... or Robinson...

So there are two possibilities - @LACHAMP46 doesn't actually watch the games, or he is an instigator who likes to push buttons with comical takes.
Either way, I like the guy and he makes this board more interesting... but its dumb to debate Rams football with him because it is a waste of time.

Goff is super impressive in his second season, 17th game. He has all the things necessary to be a great pocket passer. Goff is obviously for real. I know it, you know it McVay knows it, the opponents know it and if LACHAMP46 is the only one who doesn't? Fine.

Stupid is as stupid does.... and some here do stupid really well.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
This is stupid.

It’s the Quick and Robinson thing that drives me crazy. I could give a shit what he thinks of Goff. Because I trust nfl experts and hell even my judgement more then his. But to say Kupp isn’t miles better then Brian Quick is or ever will be is mind blowing. He got too many chances IMO. And don’t even get me started on Grob.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Watched every snap. Saw a QB with poise, patience and a hell of an accurate and live arm. I watched him scan the field and throw the ball where only his WRs had a chance. Higher didn't play well. Kupp had a back breaking drop.
Goff also threw it into triple coverage, and missed a few wide open receivers. There were a few drops, but there were also a few inaccurate throws. 2 wasted timeouts and a delay of game penalty showed his lack of poise.