Goff observation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Can't beat Case Keenum...and guys are acting like this Vikings team is gonna win something....when in fact their own coach wants to replace Case....and I see why.
Sorry that Jags with Bortles....or the Cowboys with Dak don't count....In fact....I think Dak and Goff are both trailers....they NEED a team around them...to pull them to victory.

Now....the real crap is....you wanna guess who I think is a tractor? hmmmm, counselor?

Okay. I'm gonna have to wear a Brady jersey (presuming the guy in the store will let me. For some reason, even with the tags, they get cranky about that round here) because Kupp although having a good year wasn't having the great year I anticipated.

So, you willing to go out on a line about the Vikes? I think they'll at least win what should be a home game on Wild Card week. What's it worth? And I don't mean ROD bucks. Like, it's gotta sting. Wearing a Goff jersey or whatever. I mean, you seem very confident that the Vikes are a second tier team and we got run by them, so we're just not good. So, what's it gonna be?

I mean, besides the Eagles and Saints, what other teams are playing so solid as to beat the Vikes on the road?

And sorry about your bromance with the Panthers, but they're gonna be lucky to even make the playoffs, and aren't remotely situated to win on the road. Seattle? With their banged up defense, they also might not make the playoffs. And if they do, they aren't winning on the road like they did when their D was healthy. Atlanta? I don't think so. Vikes are stout against the run and when the Falcons are turned one dimensional, they struggle.

I think we're seeing that the strong teams in the NFC are the Eagles, Saints and Vikes. Whoever wins the NFC West and whichever teams make the Wild Cards are really the next tier and I hope the Rams can get into that tier by the end of the season.

And honestly, if the Saints D holds up, the way the Saints are running the ball, they're my favorite to win it all.

Still hope we win next week all the same.

And let us know what you'll do if the Vikes do win a playoff game...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I mean, besides the Eagles and Saints, what other teams are playing so solid as to beat the Vikes on the road?

And sorry about your bromance with the Panthers, but they're gonna be lucky to even make the playoffs, and aren't remotely situated to win on the road. Seattle? With their banged up defense, they also might not make the playoffs. And if they do, they aren't winning on the road like they did when their D was healthy. Atlanta? I don't think so.
Glad you named the two teams I think will beat down the Vikes in their house. Panthers and Seattle...even the wounded Seahawks are gonna beat the Vikes...in there dome. None of those teams are going to let the Vikes move the ball on the ground.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Panthers are gonna beat the Vikes in Minny????

Hahahahahahahahaha.

If I bet real money, I'd borrow money to take that bet. Sorry, but that's just not happening.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Greg Robinson
Brian Quick

And whatever other players you liked for your own biased reasons.
I'm going to assume, because I said these are good players, that's the reason they're in the "Goff observations" post....

I'll stand by what I said...they are good players. I've said Goff is good....so many times that I'm sick of it really.

I'll say again, you need more than "good" to win in todays playoffs....

Biased reasons? 0-7 with the worst coaching staff didn't form my opinion....

nope, it was Stanford, Oregon, UCLA, USC....and

NO WINS......kinda like now...can't beat a good team....trailer....

If the defense scores next week...it'll probably be our best chance to beat NO....

If you like baby Alex Smith...Baby Andy Dalton....baby Matt Ryan....fine....when we beat a playoff team....or even a good team on the road....I hope you care enough to tell me, Champ u was wrong....

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Just stop man do yourself and all of us a favor and stop.
This thread was titled "Goff observations" I get yall wanna talk to me....you know what I'd like? How about, you tell us what YOU observed??? Or did you? What was it? I'm gonna search in here and see....
But the trailer pushes the truck when going downhill. Think about that.
hmmmm....so AD forces 3 fumbles and scores twice, Tru & Joyner return a couple int's for 6.....that's going down a pretty steep hill I'd say there...is that what we need? Or just a small hill? Like, being tied for 3 quarters?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm going to assume, because I said these are good players, that's the reason they're in the "Goff observations" post....

I'll stand by what I said...they are good players. I've said Goff is good....so many times that I'm sick of it really.

I'll say again, you need more than "good" to win in todays playoffs....

Biased reasons? 0-7 with the worst coaching staff didn't form my opinion....

nope, it was Stanford, Oregon, UCLA, USC....and

NO WINS......kinda like now...can't beat a good team....trailer....

If the defense scores next week...it'll probably be our best chance to beat NO....

If you like baby Alex Smith...Baby Andy Dalton....baby Matt Ryan....fine....when we beat a playoff team....or even a good team on the road....I hope you care enough to tell me, Champ u was wrong....

This is the exact same criticism that Peyton Manning faced early in his career. It's a tired narrative.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Senor Champ,

I think what jrry was actually implying referencing GRob and Quick would be, it’s not as if you have a keen eye for picking real talent..,or something like that, but of course you already know that, lol

Hell it bodes well for Goff that you rate him how you do

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Senor Champ,

I think what jrry was actually implying referencing GRob and Quick would be, it’s not as if you have a keen eye for picking real talent..,or something like that

Nah. We all make get it wrong. I don't think Champ has a poor eye for talent. My implication there is that Champ cements his opinions of players as they are entering the NFL and refuses to come off of them. He didn't think Goff was a big-game player or a winner in college, so he only sees things that confirm that belief in the NFL.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This thread was titled "Goff observations" I get yall wanna talk to me....you know what I'd like? How about, you tell us what YOU observed??? Or did you? What was it? I'm gonna search in here and see....
hmmmm....so AD forces 3 fumbles and scores twice, Tru & Joyner return a couple int's for 6.....that's going down a pretty steep hill I'd say there...is that what we need? Or just a small hill? Like, being tied for 3 quarters?
Your observations are tired, biased and really uninformed. You clearly have an agenda having wanted Wentz and you'll never be able to honestly appraise Jared. A guy that goes off for dozens of pages telling us how great Greg Robinson, who's currently unemployed, and Brian Quick, who's been inactive more weeks than he has receptions, really holds no water when critiquing players. Just stop nobody here is interested in your reviews of Jared we know what you'll say about everything already. He could have a perfect game and lead the team to a Super Bowl victory and you'd find a way to piss and moan about him.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
This thread was titled "Goff observations" I get yall wanna talk to me....you know what I'd like? How about, you tell us what YOU observed???
Watched every snap. Saw a QB with poise, patience and a hell of an accurate and live arm. I watched him scan the field and throw the ball where only his WRs had a chance. Higher didn't play well. Kupp had a back breaking drop.

It happens. NONE of that is on our young QB. He looked in complete control of that offense. Vikes fans sitting around me saw it too. Heard it more than once.

McVay needs to eat this one. That was a badly called game on offense. No Tavon at all that I saw. Oh well. Learn from it and move in.

Have you seen this team in person yet? Just curious, because it does lend a different perspective. That was my first time seeing them. I like what I saw, but I see a young team that needs to grow up fast. This league won't wait for them. They are close though....

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Nah. We all make get it wrong. I don't think Champ has a poor eye for talent. My implication there is that Champ cements his opinions of players as they are entering the NFL and refuses to come off of them. He didn't think Goff was a big-game player or a winner in college, so he only sees things that confirm that belief in the NFL.
Very true, as I recall you were huge on TJ Clemmings, my biggest miss ever was Cade McNoun, thought he was the second coming...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very true, as I recall you were huge on TJ Clemmings, my biggest miss ever was Cade McNoun, thought he was the second coming...

And Tavon. And Bortles. And a bunch of other guys who didn't pan out. If you aren't willing to be wrong and put your foot in your mouth, you have the wrong hobby. :D

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
This is the exact same criticism that Peyton Manning faced early in his career. It's a tired narrative.
hmmmm.....when watching Manning on those Indy teams....I never got the sense that he was in any way, inferior talent....in fact, the stuff I saw him doing kinda hinted at greatness. He was always audibling....checking into stuff...but the Colts looked hopeless. Once he got Edge....seemed a few of the linemen blocked better.

Yeah, I know Marshall was there....but Peyton had problems with protection...threw a lot of picks....but very competitive...His first game he was lighting up Miami for 273 yards....4 game threw for 292 yards....you could SEE IT....at least most could....he did throw 28 picks....but he also threw 23 TD passes...Peyton could always throw...and get his team in the endzone. This narrative that he was "terrible" just reads good for comparisons sake....He was a rookie, with bright moments on a poor team.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/clt/1998.htm

Senor Champ,

I think what jrry was actually implying referencing GRob and Quick would be, it’s not as if you have a keen eye for picking real talent..,or something like that, but of course you already know that, lol

Real talent....again....you seem to doubt what I'm seeing and what I'm saying....that's cool....Eyes don't lie however...I will continue to say....if we're try to build a "championship" team....there is NO WAY a guy like Havenstein...a guy like Brown, beats out guys like Greg Robinson. Same with the 40 time stuff...No way Hatfield should be on the field in a game that matters....No way Cooper Kupp is better than Quick...NO WAY....he's not. He runs ok routes...he's open...but it looks like his hands are just as shaky as any receiver on our 2016 squad...maybe he'll get better....I know he's NOT better than him now. And some of you like Kupp...say his talent is so extra-ordinary. He's a good player...just like Quick...nothing special...not a difference maker....not a Gurley....Not a Watkins.....and probably not as good as a Woods either....and probably, never will be.

And I hope the Jared Cook vs Higbee & Everett discussion NEVER surfaces again....

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Can't beat Case Keenum...and guys are acting like this Vikings team is gonna win something....when in fact their own coach wants to replace Case....and I see why.
Sorry that Jags with Bortles....or the Cowboys with Dak don't count....In fact....I think Dak and Goff are both trailers....they NEED a team around them...to pull them to victory.

Now....the real crap is....you wanna guess who I think is a tractor? hmmmm, counselor?

Same was said about Brady early in his career. In fact his first 2 SB wins he was as you put the trailer. Now he is called the GOAT by many. It’s way too early to call with Goff, Wentz and Prescott IMO.

A case could be made that there is no tractors if your team stinks. How SBs did Manning win as a tractor.....1.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Which is why Kupp is leading all rookies in receiving and Quick's not even dressing for Washington?

Is GRob even in the league?

What you're saying is that by GRob not even being in the league, ankle or no, is that every single Pro Personnel evaluator has it wrong?

Cuz a legit LT with an ankle is DEFINITELY worth stashing for a team that wants to make a playoff run.

We've all been wrong on guys. I was sure Gerald McCoy had bust written all over him. I was totally wrong about him.

So, yes, Kupp is ALREADY better than Quick has ever been, even without the SPARQ numbers.

SPARQ isn't everything.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I liked TJ Clemmings until I saw him in senior bowl practices...

Cade McNown is still probably a good player...Coaching matters...as well as motivation. Dudes in Chicago messed him up.

A guy that goes off for dozens of pages telling us how great Greg Robinson, who's currently unemployed, and Brian Quick, who's been inactive more weeks than he has receptions, really holds no water when critiquing players.
Greg is a powerful drive blocker...something we needed to WIN today....not everybody say how alright it is to lose to a playoff competitor qb'd by Case Keenum...were Todd Gurley runs for under 50 yards. Drive blocking requires studs...hogs....men of size that can move...
Holds no water? Maybe next week it'll become a lil clearer.
Just stop nobody here is interested in your reviews of Jared we know what you'll say about everything already.
you must be interested...you came into a thread looking to comment when you KNEW what would probably be said.
He could have a perfect game and lead the team to a Super Bowl victory and you'd find a way to tick and moan about him.
Yeah sure....
If we build the GREATEST Defense...and Special Teams....in Rams history....we'd see a super bowl with his play. He'll lead us to 9-7 at the rate we're going now. Pretty good...see....I keep saying it...he's good...

Can't win a super bowl with Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Cam, and now Wentz in the way.

Watched every snap. Saw a QB with poise, patience and a hell of an accurate and live arm. I watched him scan the field and throw the ball where only his WRs had a chance.
You watched every snap too? You see any touchdown passes in there?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Have you seen this team in person yet? Just curious, because it does lend a different perspective. That was my first time seeing them. I like what I saw, but I see a young team that needs to grow up fast. This league won't wait for them. They are close though....
Not really....no.

What perspective are you referring to?

For the last 5 years....Jeff Fisher built a very formidable looking team....performance on the field didn't match what I did see in person.

I'd say 25-28 teams in the NFL are close....it only takes a player or 2 to change ones fortunes....Maybe only a coach for some of these teams.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
hmmmm.....when watching Manning on those Indy teams....I never got the sense that he was in any way, inferior talent....in fact, the stuff I saw him doing kinda hinted at greatness. He was always audibling....checking into stuff...but the Colts looked hopeless. Once he got Edge....seemed a few of the linemen blocked better.

Yeah, I know Marshall was there....but Peyton had problems with protection...threw a lot of picks....but very competitive...His first game he was lighting up Miami for 273 yards....4 game threw for 292 yards....you could SEE IT....at least most could....he did throw 28 picks....but he also threw 23 TD passes...Peyton could always throw...and get his team in the endzone. This narrative that he was "terrible" just reads good for comparisons sake....He was a rookie, with bright moments on a poor team.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/clt/1998.htm

Real talent....again....you seem to doubt what I'm seeing and what I'm saying....that's cool....Eyes don't lie however...I will continue to say....if we're try to build a "championship" team....there is NO WAY a guy like Havenstein...a guy like Brown, beats out guys like Greg Robinson. Same with the 40 time stuff...No way Hatfield should be on the field in a game that matters....No way Cooper Kupp is better than Quick...NO WAY....he's not. He runs ok routes...he's open...but it looks like his hands are just as shaky as any receiver on our 2016 squad...maybe he'll get better....I know he's NOT better than him now. And some of you like Kupp...say his talent is so extra-ordinary. He's a good player...just like Quick...nothing special...not a difference maker....not a Gurley....Not a Watkins.....and probably not as good as a Woods either....and probably, never will be.

And I hope the Jared Cook vs Higbee & Everett discussion NEVER surfaces again....

I dunno ole buddy, if you can’t see by now that Goff has “real talent” then we’ll just have to agree to disagree...heck I’m patient and look forward to the day of your reckoning on this topic

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Can't win the big one...still....

I heard a great saying....

you're either the Tractor or the trailer as a QB

and he's a trailer....can't pull this team nowhere....

Next week we'll see a tractor facing us.

What did next week's "tractor" do over the last 3 years if he is a "tractor"

He did not win crap for quite a while... not even a winning record in 3 years... I just love selective criticism.