Goff Final PFF Grade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I know many don't care for PFF, and there's a lot I don't like about them. But here's his final grade and I didn't bother listing the article with the other guys ranked ahead of him because it's asinine.

Slide25.jpg
This is just nonsense.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Accurate list?

Gonna have to disagree with you on this my friend, a quick glance at the ol stat sheet pretty much condemns this list as purely opinions...and sorta foolish ones at that

24-7 TD/Int
3rd highest YPA
Over 100 rating

18th?

Uh, no

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Okay then pick all criteria and eschew the cherry picking, I’m just curious as to the “negative “ stats Goff accumulated to place him behind not less than 10 ahead of him on that preposterous list.

It just seems to me that true, meaningful ratings in ANY sport boils down to stats

At the end of the day, my take is, to formulate ratings any other way is simply inane blather or at the very least opinionated in its purest form

My dumb opinion of course (y)

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Garoppolo threw 5 int in 5 games and he is ranked higher in than Goff who only threw 7 in 15? Hmmmm ok
Yeah, this can't be by numbers alone. They are waiting this to who they like. Plus I guarantee they are thinking all the thinking was done by McVay, you know over the head set. Like no one else does it. Also they can't forget last year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The decision on that play was fine. The throw was bad. If Goff had zipped it into Gurley's hands in stride, Gurley scores with relative ease.
Goff_1.png

Goff_2.png

Unfortunately, Goff threw it low and behind Gurley (imo, he didn't get his feet under him and rushed the throw). If he gives it to him in stride, I'm taking Gurley 10 out of 10 times to beat the CB to the pylon when the CB is facing the wrong direction. He's the only guy out there with any shot of stopping Gurley.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is just nonsense.

First impressions are everything. I guarantee you had Goff spent his entire rookie year on the bench and then put up the numbers he did this year, he'd be getting top 5-10 QB hype right now. Many people had a bad first impression of Goff, so he has to do twice as much as any other QB to get the same credit. It's hard to escape first impressions.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
First impressions are everything. I guarantee you had Goff spent his entire rookie year on the bench and then put up the numbers he did this year, he'd be getting top 5-10 QB hype right now. Many people had a bad first impression of Goff, so he has to do twice as much as any other QB to get the same credit. It's hard to escape first impressions.
That may be true, I like the other side of the coin however, it’s not how you begin, it’s how you finish that leave the stronger impression

First impressions are usually wrong thru my experience

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That may be true, I like the other side of the coin however, it’s not how you begin, it’s how you finish that leave the stronger impression

First impressions are usually wrong thru my experience

I agree, but the reality is that it's hard to shake them. You have to do a lot to make people forget a bad first impression. It's not fair, but that's life.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
No doubt, but wrong use of statistics matters too. You can use stats to arbitrarily create and select a group of parameters of almost any kind-- sort of like what you point a camera at or what questions you ask a witness on cross-- but when the picture you are painting doesn't add up, something is wrong. With PFF here, you end up with a tale told by an idiot, signifying nothing.

96GS#007

Pro Bowler
The problem with PFF scoring is that it's basically a subjective assessment with a pretty presentation wrapper around it for an "official" look. Certainly there's at least some merit to the scores but the error bands are pretty wide.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
28 tds 7 int in 15 games...i would say those are top 5 stats

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Goff is a better quarterback than Keenum athletically, arm strength and seeing his open receivers.

Keenum is better at gutting out a win, recognizing defenses and progressing through his receivers.

Goff has more upside.
Keenum is peaking as we watch
IMO.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'm OK with some of their stats, but their calculation formula, to get an end result in this category, are utterly ridiculous. Goff is so much better than some of those QB's ranked higher. Not being a homer, but some ranked above him...really?

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Gerrropalo is just the latest beneficiary of a small sample size and a lot of hype. To rate a guy with 5 games above any of the QBs that played the whole season is retarded.