First Three Drives of the Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
I commented on the OP's original statement of the first three drives...on just the outcomes....when you allow the QB to pass, with a Todd Gurley in the backfield, you are basically putting the initial 3 drives in his hands....

And, I've seen those drives now...so, it's a moot point...

Terrible screen throw to Gurley....terrible throw after avoiding pressure...
3rd drive was after the turnover....penalty for 5 yards...Gurley run for a first down...then 3 bad plays...

I didn't tear Kupp and Higbee down...I stated what I thought was obvious for 17 weeks...those guys AREN'T game changers...they're complementary pieces...Watkins is the stud. So is Gurley.

I visit the site on my availability....I'll have to leave today...and won't be able to comment until later....I haven't been able to comment as often as usual.

Watkins was given some opportunities..maybe he could have caught them...maybe...but he didn't....My point....the 20 passes targeted to Kupp last night...for 5 catches...for 20 yards...didn't help....ok, I kid.....but seriously, 3 or 4 players caught passes last night...two guys were targeted about 25 times....and Watkins gets 4 passes, 3 late in the game...and everyone acts like his missed opportunities prove he's not a #1 wr...shouldn't be re-signed...that was a tough catch....give him the 15 targets of Mister Kupp, were probably talking in a celebration thread.

Too me, this has a Marshawn Lynch on the goal line in the superbowl feel....our best players are not being allowed to win games.

I'm gonna be all over mister Goff in several replies...in fact....I'll comment below

Trailer....never won a big game against a tough team....ever...maybe New Orleans...Maybe the Seahawks....those were pretty big....but consistently in tough games...this guy loses. The Jags game was won by the defense...but for the sake of this argument...lets say NO and Seahawks were tough games...he played pretty well.

As far as picking a team...up on his back...when the going gets tough...I don't see it...

As far as your stats....Avg yard per attempt...there is a better stat...it measures air yards...the distance a completion travels in the air....IDK how Jared fared in that one....but looking at his passes...from memory...I saw a bunch of short passes that turned into huge gains....looking at last night...many of his passes that had to travel any distance were batted/tipped away...most were poorly placed...like Sammy's passes...

Trailer....player that needs a team behind him to win in the big moments....Tractor...player that can elevate his team to victory...in the biggest of moments.

Woods is a good wr...not a number 1. Watkins is a very good wr. Every pass he dropped was heavily contested....which is a defended pass...not a drop.
Defend all you want...he played terrible last night...Pharoh Cooper and Goff were the major reasons for the defeat.
Don't waste your time, life, or energy on a average player....bunch of Alex Smith fans are doing the same thing...and Alex is much better than Goff.

I was in the Transportation business for a long time, the big shiny tractors are sweet, but the trailers are where you make your money, bad analogy, try something else
train

bluecoconuts

Legend
Don't even bother, he's not a Rams fan.

And before you try to correct me, no you're not. Actions speak louder than words. You are a fan of the NFL, a fan of yourself and a fan of Wentz. The Rams come after all of that. How much, I don't know, but they're after those, that much is clear.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think that's an oversimplification Champ. Which is why don't like that groupthink with trying to lay everything on the playcalling, but trying to make it about the QB is just as bad IMO.

There are a bunch of reasons why they didn't win tonight. The defense was the biggest reason
QB's have the power to win or lose games...the ball is in their hands on every offensive possession. The dude was off yesterday....and again...it's something he's done since college...come up small in big games...he did have help...but many of his throws were off...even his completions...especially with guys on the move...were behind the targets...not in front of them.
I had no doubt we would see a ton of posts from a few people on here who relish when things go poorly for the Rams. I see very little from them after wins. Lose, and it's troll time baby. All day. Is what it is. I think I may kick the tires on that ignore feature. Maybe take it for a spin.
It was a poor game..in the most visible time...I'm here all the time...just not as much lately...I try to reply with any direct comment. With my opinion...sorta like now.
Ignore me...all you want...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Don't waste your time, life, or energy on a average player....bunch of Alex Smith fans are doing the same thing...and Alex is much better than Goff.
Well, if it's all the same to you, I'm gonna disagree with that assessment and do what I want anyway. Because for every example you can give of Goff being average, I can provide an equal amount of examples of how he's not. That, and I've seen average QBs before, and this ain't one of them.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
I have to disagree, Gurley had 14 rushing attempts and was Targeted 10 times in the passing game!

Time of possession was definitely a Killer! In the first 18 minutes the Rams had the Ball just over 3 minutes! And at the end of the game Atlanta had the Ball a total of 37:35 and the Rams had it 22:25! Definitely a Big factor!

yeah this is true but if you take away 2 turn overs and a missed ogeltree tackle time of possession would have been pretty even . i guess this just goes to show when you get in the play offs you seldom get away with mistakes

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I was in the Transportation business for a long time, the big shiny tractors are sweet, but the trailers are where you make your money, bad analogy, try something else
ahahahahha....

Tractors have the engines baby....and PULL THINGS.

Trailers are just along for the ride....
Don't even bother, he's not a Rams fan.

And before you try to correct me, no you're not. Actions speak louder than words. You are a fan of the NFL, a fan of yourself and a fan of Wentz. The Rams come after all of that. How much, I don't know, but they're after those, that much is clear.
Fan of myself....well, I love me some me...hope you love you some you...but that's a different topic.
I'm a fan...I buy Rams gear..I wore my jersey and all...I'm a realist...I speak what's on my mind.

Pharoh is no different than Tavon...I said as much...not happy that the Tavon came out in Pharoh on Saturday...but I wasn't surprised.

Goff hasn't won a big game yet....since college...he played small on the biggest stage of his life...I'm not happy about it, but not surprised.

I've seen 3 superbowl teams since I've been a Ram fan...the only time we won, was with Kurt Warner...a very good QB...matter of fact, Kurt was great...he's in the HOF...I believe you need these types of players at QB to win in the big games...playoffs. Until a player proves me wrong, I'll believe this. Not Trent Dilfers...not the broken down Peytons...Jim McMahons....on MY team..OUR team...

Final thought...Wentz appears to be a special player...much better than Goff...Goff is ours though...we need to get better all around to take him to a super bowl...I'm just a lil pissed that we could have taken Wentz instead...and I'm pretty sure he could've taken THIS team...as it is..to THIS super bowl.

nighttrain

Legend
ya can make just as much money with an old Cummings as a new Caterpillar, at far less expense
train

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
As far as your stats....Avg yard per attempt...there is a better stat...it measures air yards...the distance a completion travels in the air....IDK how Jared fared in that one....but looking at his passes...from memory...I saw a bunch of short passes that turned into huge gains.
NextGEN stats? Wentz is better by 1.5 yards per completion. Average Air Yards Differential (AYD) is calculated by subtracting the passer’s average Intended Air Yards from his average Completed Air Yards. This stat indicates if he is on average attempting deep passes than he on average completes. In this, Wentz is at -2.3, and Goff is at -2.1. Which means exactly shit when you're watching games and determining how they're handling pressure situations and how they're delivering the ball. No matter what metric you use, you're not convincing anyone that Goff is just average.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Final thought...Wentz appears to be a special player...much better than Goff...Goff is ours though...we need to get better all around to take him to a super bowl...I'm just a lil ticked that we could have taken Wentz instead...and I'm pretty sure he could've taken THIS team...as it is..to THIS super bowl.
90A080A2-163B-4E6A-A159-2F6A3DE843C9.jpeg

We get it, Wentz is your guy, too bad he plays for the Eagles. Perhaps you can join an Eagles fan forum if you haven’t already. You would only have to change two letters “PACHAMP46” it kind of rolls off the tongue.

Ramzheart

Rookie
about him being predictable.
There does seem to be this sense with his play calling
Yes he is....on crutches...Team still in it though on the back of his hard work this season...pulling them to the #2 seeding.

I watched another Tractor yesterday last night too....Marcus Marriota....doing anything it takes to win...Pretty reckless with his body...running around...blocking...even catching passes and diving into the endzone...running, athletic QB...cause he wants to win at all costs and has the ability.

Goff was horrible last night...off all game in my opinion....any tight throw was batted away. Probably did most of his work in a meaningless 4th quarter when the Falcons were playing looser coverage.

Pro bowl is a popularity contest...he probably wouldn't be going if said tractor wasn't on crutches either.

I thought he made some nice passes as well....out of 45 throws you should make about 4 or 5 nice throws.....Most of his completions were poor passes...behind runners....low...seemed like he had trouble with the speed of the Atlanta defense.
I'm not piling on....same things I've said all season.
Sacrificing your body does nobody any good. Wentz bad decision cost his team a chance at the SB, he cant do any good from the sidelines and they're only still in it because they haven't played yet! Mariota is the same way, how.many games has he missed in his career and have you not seen him play this year, outside of a few highlight plays?!
If you're this miserable after the season we had, how have you survived the last 10 plus seasons- got a feeling it was by making your co rod upset!
What does your la stand for-lousy attitude?
Honestly, with post like this your main objective has to be to get Attention! I've had my fill of it for one season!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Champ, you have to acknowledge the special teams gaffs tonight. also, agreed with the fact that we have a young qb and coach. that said, we had every opp to win tonight. needed to run more and not up the gut. once we did that, everyone knew we were passing.....
Pharoh Cooper mistakes did make winning more difficult...probably directly contributed to the loss....but again, when a player is struggling, who's gonna make a play and pick him up? Who's gonna do it?

If the coach is calling plays for the QB to make throws, he must believe it will work, correct? Too many passes were off target...too many in such a big game...a huge game....and again, our QB came up small.
This “trailer” BS is beyond tired. It’s dumber than QBR and about as painful to read or hear about. I don’t think it’s possible to find the words to properly convey how much I hate that BS take. Couple that with how stunningly wrong it is and, well, you see my dilemma.

Moreover, after our last season under Fisher, I was truly saddened by our poor season and seeing our players and fans have to endure that dumpster fire. Calling that not only didn’t give me any pleasure, I suffered along with every other Ram fan after every loss.

You seem thrilled about our misfortune as if that’s validation.

It’s not. Not remotely.

And the timing of this “I told you so” even though you’re just plain wrong about Goff is gratuitous, self-serving, and divisive.

I could really tear apart that nonsense take, but I’m just gonna go watch Bright on Netflix and come back tomorrow.

Trailer... I can’t even...

Thrilled...pleasure...saddened...suffered...self serving...

Dude...take the emotion out of it...game is over....this is just analyzing...from a bunch of fans....it's not that serious...and I take no joy in my comments...

You hate the word trailer...a bunch of you do...don't know why.

Some wondered why Marcus Marriota had a higher QBR than Goff...and his was in a loss....I wondered too....but just because I don't like/understand or know what the criteria is, I just don't discount a stat...because...like some genius once said, I realize that those dudes at ESPN may know more than me...I was watching a lil of the Titans game...last night as well...and ....and...that dudes a Tractor too...ahahahaahahahahahah! I can't explain it....but that dude is pulling his team....not as accurate...so what...running QB, only the silly care about that. Dude woke his team up with a block...do something to win the game...lift guys up.

Goff is a trailer because our team pulls him....as far as his throws downfield...or in the clutch...non-existent...esp. in big games...big moments. If we don't play outstanding around him, we don't win tough games.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Sacrificing your body does nobody any good. Wentz bad decision cost his team a chance at the SB, he cant do any good from the sidelines and they're only still in it because they haven't played yet! Mariota is the same way, how.many games has he missed in his career and have you not seen him play this year, outside of a few highlight plays?!
If you're this miserable after the season we had, how have you survived the last 10 plus seasons- got a feeling it was by making your co rod upset!
What does your la stand for-lousy attitude?
Honestly, with post like this your main objective has to be to get Attention! I've had my fill of it for one season
Who said I was miserable?

Sacrificing the body is what this game is built on...most players do it every play...every tackle....every hit...QB's only have to do it once in a while....Mainly by standing in the pocket...or scrambling...and delivering an accurate pass while taking a hit....lt's football...all must make a sacrifice.

I saw Marriota play us...2 weeks ago...

I'm not an attention seeker...I wanted to post on 43's topic...the first 3 drives. When I watched them...closely...I saw a very inaccurate QB...I saw the Pharoh fumble...I saw a Rams defense playing their hearts out....and a bunch in here keep saying the defense dropped the ball...Simply not true. So...I'm a bringer of truth....maybe I should change my screen name to BOT Champ.

jacktheripper85

Starter
Pharoh Cooper mistakes did make winning more difficult...probably directly contributed to the loss....but again, when a player is struggling, who's gonna make a play and pick him up? Who's gonna do it?

If the coach is calling plays for the QB to make throws, he must believe it will work, correct? Too many passes were off target...too many in such a big game...a huge game....and again, our QB came up small.

Thrilled...pleasure...saddened...suffered...self serving...

Dude...take the emotion out of it...game is over....this is just analyzing...from a bunch of fans....it's not that serious...and I take no joy in my comments...

You hate the word trailer...a bunch of you do...don't know why.

Some wondered why Marcus Marriota had a higher QBR than Goff...and his was in a loss....I wondered too....but just because I don't like/understand or know what the criteria is, I just don't discount a stat...because...like some genius once said, I realize that those dudes at ESPN may know more than me...I was watching a lil of the Titans game...last night as well...and ....and...that dudes a Tractor too...ahahahaahahahahahah! I can't explain it....but that dude is pulling his team....not as accurate...so what...running QB, only the silly care about that. Dude woke his team up with a block...do something to win the game...lift guys up.

Goff is a trailer because our team pulls him....as far as his throws downfield...or in the clutch...non-existent...esp. in big games...big moments. If we don't play outstanding around him, we don't win tough games.

Goff plays like a trailer? Than how come no comments about Ogletree playing like a tricycle? Did you even watch the game? If he makes that tackle and holds them to a 3 and out I think that’s a different game. Costed us a score, momentum and 8 more minutes our defense was on the field minus Brockers.

Considering it was the kids first playoff game and STs put us in a 13-0 hole he stepped up and got us right back in the game with 2 awesome drives before the half. Wish I could say our defensive captain did the same.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
We get it, Wentz is your guy, too bad he plays for the Eagles. Perhaps you can join an Eagles fan forum if you haven’t already.
hmmm...naw, one forum is enough for the kid...I get it....some of you guys are born to except losing...perhaps you should join a forum where all you talk is about excuses for losing and how much fun you have while watching it?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
No matter what metric you use, you're not convincing anyone that Goff is just average.
Now we're getting somewhere...

I haven't been able to locate the stat about Redzone %%%%? Where do you find that one?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
100 QB rating, 4:1 TD/INT ratio, 62% completion, 3800 yards in 15 games, QB of lead leading offense in points scored. Must be something from a guy making lousy throws behind runners all year and not in tune with the speed of the game. Perhaps Goff was throwing to Julio Jones and Antonio Brown all year making him look good? No, it was possession receiver Robert Woods and a 3rd round pick out of Eastern Washington who were his leading WRs. And the stellar Tyler Higbee at TE, game breaker for sure.

Maybe Goff's just a young QB, not close to his peak both mentally and physically who is on an upward trajectory with a bright future. Who had an up down first pro playoff start.

QB is not an issue I'm concerned with here.
wow...those are some nice stats

Curious...how did his playoff numbers look?

Hell, teams OVER 500...what are his stats? In games against winning teams?

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
hmmm...naw, one forum is enough for the kid...I get it....some of you guys are born to except losing...perhaps you should join a forum where all you talk is about excuses for losing and how much fun you have while watching it?

11-5, NFC West Champs, first playoff appearance in 13 years...I’d say we’re trending.

Ramzheart

Rookie
Who said I was miserable?

Sacrificing the body is what this game is built on...most players do it every play...every tackle....every hit...QB's only have to do it once in a while....Mainly by standing in the pocket...or scrambling...and delivering an accurate pass while taking a hit....lt's football...all must make a sacrifice.

I saw Marriota play us...2 weeks ago...

I'm not an attention seeker...I wanted to post on 43's topic...the first 3 drives. When I watched them...closely...I saw a very inaccurate QB...I saw the Pharoh fumble...I saw a Rams defense playing their hearts out....and a bunch in here keep saying the defense dropped the ball...Simply not true. So...I'm a bringer of truth....maybe I should change my screen name to BOT Champ.
Sorry that's a twist on words, yes every football player sacrifices his body in some capacity every game, that's why its even more essential not to take avoidable punishment.
There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism, in fact I enjoy reading many of the posters views and opinions
imo, yours just dont seem so constructive for some reason... case in point you dont seem as vocal after winning